Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is It Me Or Them?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CanterburyMike76
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is It Me Or Them?Page 1 of 1    
I've had my profile reviewed by loads of ladies and made many revisions so I'm sure I've got a profile that's about as good as it can be.
The photos are good quality and all the clothes I own have been chosen or approved by straight attractive ladies. My best friend has signed up here and she was complaining about the photos most guys have on their profile and it sounds as though my pictures are better.
When I email someone I make sure to ask a question about their profile to show I've read it and encourage a reply and I try to put something amusing in if anything comes to mind. I also don't put in any of the things that ladies have told me sound desperate. From my best friend's complaints about the emails she gets I'd say my emails are rather good. They're certainly more imaginative than "hi hun, how r u?"

All this effort and still I get no replies to my emails and single ladies I meet in the real world rarely show signs of interest. This leads me to draw two possible conclusions:
1) all the women in my area have no taste;
2) I'm not attractive.

So, ladies, please tell me which of these two conclusions I should go with. Please don't patronise me, I'm looking for honesty (but not brutal honesty, be nice please!) because if there's something I can fix then I need to know what it is.
 DietFree
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is It Me Or Them?
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:27:38 PM
3) they are not interested in you.

I don't know if they have "no taste", but their taste in men obviously doesn't include you.

Not knowing what you wrote in those e-mails, I couldn't even guess if they liked (or not) your amusing "somethings" in those e-mails.
 MazingBlue007
Msg: 5
Is It Me Or Them?
Posted: 2/8/2013 9:23:18 PM

Gawd.........another thinly disguised Nice Guy/Why's No one Responding? Thread posted in Ask A Girl

Not like its a rare thing in these parks. AS for the op, profile review is a good start
 CanterburyMike76
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Is It Me Or Them?
Posted: 2/9/2013 2:32:44 AM
To those who offered actual advice, thank you, all of it is under consideration or being acted upon!

Kentish-Man
BTW, attention-seeking threads are not allowed on here.

It's not an attention seeking thread, it's a genuine request for help.

HelenBackAgain
(long list of statistics)

Wow, that's a well researched post! Yes, I could travel more with a car but you're forgetting - we do have trains in England!

CawkBlawker
lol at the "all the women in my area have no taste" bit. I hope you are more charming in person Mr Not all that. Just because your mother thinks you are the cat's azz, doesn't mean everyone else will think the same. Get over yourself.

Thanks for your well thought out and helpful contribution. I really value your insight. [/sarcasm aimed at time waster]

J_bird61
you're in your 30's, your "job" is listed as adventurer

No it isn't, that's my personality. My profession is listed as teacher.
I'll take your advice about the photo trimming but I can't change the length of my longest relationship and lying isn't a great idea.

Pinky127
Gawd.........another thinly disguised Nice Guy/Why's No one Responding? Thread posted in Ask A Girl.

I asked for advice on fixing, I didn't ask for pity.

colinjr23
It's no different actually. The women are exactly the same, they just spend slightly less time complaining about shit.

I was considering a paid site to see if it would be better, so thanks for the perspective.

MazingBlue007
AS for the op, profile review is a good start

Did you even read the OP? First line says I've done that over and over.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is It Me Or Them?