Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Serial daters on this site      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pinky127
Msg: 2
Serial daters on this sitePage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Is there nothing this site can do to stop these kind of people?

Huh?
What do you propose Pof do to stop these people?
 neck romancer
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Serial daters on this site
Posted: 2/10/2013 3:42:30 AM
you do realize this happens in real life as well.
Deal with it the same way you would in real life.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/10/2013 4:20:22 AM
Actually the most frustrating thing I'm running into are people that are seeking relationships, but when you meet them they tell you that they are returning to PoF after a recently ended long term relationship.

In other words, they are 'seeing what's out there' and not quite ready to settle down. At least they were honest with me but if I hear anything similar to 'I'm new or checking things out...', all I'm going to offer is a cup of coffee and never a 2nd date.

Time vampires too are rampant. Probably real nice people showing interest that never muster up the guts to meet in real life. Totally content being your pen pals for life
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/10/2013 5:00:08 AM
I know men as well as women have experienced some very dodgy people from this site!

you are right. we should round up all the dodgy people and throw them in prison for "serial dating" so they can never bother you again. we will put POF in charge of that right away.
 Luthion
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 5:58:11 AM
The vast majority of people are not who they claim to. This is true whether they're standing right in front of you, or sitting behind a keyboard. Of course, the anonymity of a screen makes it much easier to create a better image of yourself. It's an image that usually crumbles the moment you meet them in person though.

It takes a lot to find an honest person on here, and even harder to find someone who is open. The only thing you can do is be discerning and patient.
 privat33r
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2013 8:08:23 PM
Intent and results do not have to match. I may vow to the deepest hidden fragment of my soul that I'm looking for my forever soulmate and unfortunately fail, just end up with a string of failures. Someone who's a stripper looking to rip off guys can right away fall into a relationship with a partner they're with until the next century celebrating with four generations of chillens in 2101. People can be completely oblivious to the likely outcome that their personality and the demographics of local compatibles may real in.

How do we tell we're not serial daters ourselves?
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/10/2013 8:37:44 PM
Cant put anything on the internet thats not true!!! LOL
 dcinsc13
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/10/2013 9:17:51 PM
I was talking to a man on here, messaging back and forth. He seemed nice.
We eventually exchanged phone numbers.
We talked a few times, he was very cool and nice.
Then, out of nowhere he got weird on me.
I was texting him and I got up to go to the kitchen to get a snack.
I came back in the living room, I was watching the news.
I got my phone and saw I had a text, I replied.
He then sent me a text asking me why I took so long to answer him.
I told him I wasn't doing anything, I was just watching the news.
He sent another one saying, "yeah, it took you 11 minutes to answer my last text!"
WHAT???? I am NOT holding my phone just waiting for him to talk to me!
Then, I went on here just to see if I had any messages, NOPE, so I logged out. I wasn't on 30 seconds.
He then sent a text accusing me of looking for someone else or talking to other men and he refused to be 2nd to anyone!
We haven't even met!!! What is his problem???
I told him I was not on here! Logging on to see if you have messages and logging out, does not constitute being on, in my opinion because I didn't look at anyone's profile or talk to anyone.
So, I told him, if he knew I was on, he had to be on!! That is a double standard.
Anyway, he started sounding very controlling and manipulative, so I told him to leave me alone.
He said he would.
Then two days later, he sent me a text saying he still would like to meet!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!
The man is probably a woman beater if not worse!
You DO have to watch out for the red flags they throw out!
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/11/2013 5:20:43 AM
Gosh, OP, you JUST joined POF and are already making such assumptions. I don't deny there are serial daters -- everywhere -- but give yourself some time on this site. Who knows, you just might be pleasantly surprised.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/11/2013 6:29:50 AM

Have you thought of anything you can do to improve things for yourself? Consider a profile review? As it is now, your profile may be a magnet for just the kind of people you're complaining about.
 tnt144
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/11/2013 6:45:47 AM
Outlaw cereal daters? I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

The best defense is you - you are your own best relationship expert. Use your intuition and -when you see someone acting strangely, delete, cut contact, and block. Remember, you only need to find one, forget all the rest, it's not so bad.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/11/2013 11:25:38 AM

I know men as well as women have experienced some very dodgy people from this site!

Dodgy people existed long before online dating came along, and nothing could be done about them then, so it's highly unlikely a free online dating site can do anything about them now.
 hall34
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:49:58 AM
I wish there was a way to warn people of certain individuals on this site!
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/12/2013 10:10:43 AM

Outlaw cereal daters?

How's about Crispy Critters? Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)
 rgvmale
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:33:17 PM
LOL, I look at one in the mirror every day.
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:45:18 PM
"Don't believe what you read on the internet, just because you see a picture next to a quote." - Abraham Lincoln
 DivineBovine
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 5:02:12 PM

I found a great profile the other day of someone who has now listed all the men (obviously for us ladies looking for true love etc) who are not who they make out to be. The list is long!

and how do you know that the woman who made that profile with that long list on it is telling the truth?

if SHE has a long list, she's obviously the serial dater and she might have created that list to get back at them for (probably justifiably) rejecting her.

just a thought...
 Spiritus541
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/13/2013 1:08:55 PM
Most of the women I've met/dated here are POF are little more than Player's.
Specifically, they're dinner/drinks/attention ho's!

Now admittedly, many of these are above average attractive women and we all know about their type. Entitled, selfish manipulators that use men like tampons. But the "nice B girls" are pulling this scam too. Maybe it's just their camouflage? They string guys along with hopes of romance and sex, but all they want is a free night out so they can get an attention fix and story for their friends.

My favorite line is when they say they want "a gentleman." Translation: A sucker who'll pay for everything! If chivalry is dead, it's because women have broken the social contract. Women are after security and/or a child (money and/or a seed.) Men are after sex, period. Personally, I won't spend a dime on her until I see the goods. Sex costs her nothing but money has real value. Sorry gals, if you make us wait we're going to resent it and move on. This is 2013, who's got the time, patience and money to court you? You're just a waste of time looking for suckers.

Another familiar ploy with gals, is they want to wait before sex, to "get to know you better." Nonsense! Today, if a gal is hot for a guy she jumps him first or second date. She wants to show him what he can get if he comes back. But these secretly disinterested gals like to play as if they're ladies by making a guy wait. Of course, the courtship will require several dates and long drives at his expense before seeing the promised land! Personally, I haven't the patience for such games that only benefit her. If a woman wants and likes me, she can show it by giving me what I want when I want just like she expects from me. Just read some of the headlines these gals put on their profiles. "Can you make me laugh?", " Barracuda!", "The Last Date You'll Ever Need!" Most of these gals are unaccomplished single mom's. Who are they kidding?

Most women are just delusional and sickening with their distorted view of self worth. They all think they're special and worthy of pursuit. Let me clue you in gals, you're not! In truth, men are the prize. You gals may realize that some day when you're old and the phone stops ringing. You're just another life limited person like the rest of us and you're manipulating men for all you can get before you have to settle because your looks are gone! Without beauty, a woman is invisible to us. Women grow wrinkled, saggy and old with age. Men become distinguished, and we have toys and money! OK, the good ones like me do. I don't care how that sounds, I know what I'm worth.

My #1 Rule:
When I become a Knight and meet a Lady, I will care about chivalry. Until then, any female who thinks men should pay for their company sounds like they are in the oldest profession and not worth a good man's time.

Ladies, you can come at me as you like with your resentful lines about my bitterness and not getting over being burned. But, there's a good reason why men are fed up and treat you like ho's. YOU'RE ACTING LIKE THEM!

If want to be wanted and treated like ladies, act like it and respect men like the useful gender they are. Stop marginalizing us. Most pearls aren't found without effort.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/13/2013 1:31:42 PM
Im sure alot of gold diggers are serial daters, that way they can get as much as they can, from as many as they can.
 HappinessOK
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:34:52 AM
I would guess that 90% do not tell the truth on this site..sorry but thats my thoughts. People tell lies because they can.

A (sex addicted) ex of 8 years ago has just renewed his profile (again) and has been on here since the site started, he starts his new profile "Trying this site to see if I can get my one true love"

There is no way that this can be stopped, especially as its a free site PLENTY OF FIBBERS
 TantricJedi
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/14/2013 8:04:50 PM
Spiritus...I wholeheartedly agree with you. I can easily afford to be a 'gentleman' and 'court' a woman, but when she openly admits she either wants to take things slow or is new online? Adios! I will never compete for a woman's attention nor prove that I am better then the men before me. That vagina ain't no holy grail. The worst attitude I've heard? 'The kids are grown and this is my time!'

Guess what darling? Not on my dime. You can socialize and get your ego boosted at In n' Out with that bullsh t.
 activemelaney
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2013 10:58:36 PM
What's wrong with starting a new profile? As long as the info is legitimate then it is a smart strategy. I'm surprised way more people don't do it. Companies change their marketing all the time to put a product front and center.
If a profile isn't achieving the desired results after a couple of months, then why stick with it?
 Lifeisforawhile
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/14/2013 11:07:22 PM
I dont know what to call him as.
Not every one are that way. I am seriously looking for a friend or a date.
I dont understand as to y he has to be so possessive or i dont know whatever you call it as.
You made a good decision. Dont meet people who does not trust and has insecurity.

Hope i am gonna find some good friends. :-)

All the very best!!!
 Lifeisforawhile
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/14/2013 11:12:17 PM
So True!!!

i am with you on this piece. I know men are there for SEX. However, not all men are of the same type.

Similarly, i know women who are just to be good and get the money. However, i guess there are women who are looking for some serious relationship.

Another worst thing i have seen on POF is, women with kids have too much of attitude and they expect the men to do anything and everything.
 Walts
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:47:14 AM

Some men are out and out pervs, who not only lie, but have disgusting habits or requests when they first meet up with someone.

Disgusting for you maybe but, for some of us pervy old shiats, it's a way of life. If I'm unable to "do" disgusting things to ya, what's the point of living???? I mean, like, seriously. I might as well just curl up and die. Now, if you would please, turn around and bend over for a sec.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Serial daters on this site