Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is this online dating really helpful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Indira46
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is this online dating really helpful?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
You need a profile review.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Is this online dating really helpful?
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:29:04 PM
I supposed if you wish to go so far as to consider Sunnyvale, CA as a different country, sure.
They do things a little differently out there...yet I wouldn't consider Californian behavior THAT pecular!
 Indira46
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:33:10 PM
I work near Sunnyvale. ..it does sort of feel like a different country.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/11/2013 10:35:22 PM
Lifeisforawhile, you have to post in the Profile Review section for people to comment.
Forum rules prohibit commenting directly about a person's profile EXCEPT in that specific forum area.
Go for it! Indira46 is a prolific visitor the that section of the POF forums, too.
 curviest
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 4:30:16 AM
DUH!

By different country he means that he is INDIAN!
 OutMind
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/12/2013 9:10:47 AM

1) Does it really work out?
2) Is it bad to be from a different country (Are people ignoring me just because i am from another country)?
3) Whats the best way to pick up a girl?

Does it really work? NOt if you are passive. If you're expecting for women to contact you first, that only happens rarely, or it will happen but not be the type of women you really want. You have to initiate contact. You have to send the emails.

Is it bad that you are from another country? Yes. And No. I am from another country. Some women do not like that. But there are a ton of women that love the accent, the culture, everything, and strive to find men that are culturally different.

What is the best way to pick up a girl? That is easy, put your hands under her arms and lift. Usually they come up off the ground quite easily after that.
 gentleplus
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 1:43:15 PM
You are a software engineer ... right??? you see everything as cause and effect... a set of rules with expected outcomes.... dating is not that way....

You need to reprogram your logical foundation of dating and rather than "finding" the OBJECT of affection.... you need to BECOME what a woman of quality desires to be with in a relationship....

As an Indian national your culture sees women differently than in the west... deprogram this or get an arranged marriage from your home country... that you "miss dearly"

As a software engineer you see life as a machine.... western women are not programmed that way at all..... I am speaking from the experience of coaching several Indian/Pak friends I have... this is a deep culture clash you may not be able to break thru at all..

This is not to insult you but to provide objective information
 Indira46
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2013 10:21:44 PM
I was joking... Perhaps if you lighten up your attitude, it will help your dating quest.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/12/2013 10:33:04 PM
I've discovered that the best way to pick up a girl is to hook your arms under her armpits and lift with your legs, don't use your back!

Laughed out loud at this joke. Good one!

I immediately understood that you were from India when reading your profile.

"You were so adorable I wanted to carry you off right on the spot!" a man exclaimed at a jazz club. That worked. I agreed to have dinner with him the next day. "I'm everything you hate," he said at dinner. I thought he was joking. He was right.

The moral is: Don't let your manners and charm deteriorate like a chariot turning into a pumpkin at midnight.

DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/13/2013 5:09:23 AM
Okay, here's the scoop. A woman views your profile. Great first step, means they find you physically attractive. There are two routes you can take. You can do what many women do and create a very very short profile, nothing controversial or take the risk and create a longer profile (like mine) but if you do the latter, it had better be funny. It doesn't count if only you find it funny. It had better be original. So yes, a profile review is good. You are doing very well on the first step, at least based on your original post. Now you have to decide how to approach the next step. If you're a super hot model, then you won't need to write much. If you're super rich, probably not much either. In the absence of either of those, you will need to step it up with a witty and original profile that highlights your personality. Good luck and happy fishin'...!

P.S. and, yes, it works.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is this online dating really helpful?