Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Does my profile describe me well?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 7
Does my profile describe me well?Page 1 of 1    
Hi,

I look at the profile as a whole so my notes will cover all aspects.

1) Please remove the term "soul mate" from your profile. It has been used by almost every man on this site and using it on a profile in 2013 is the kiss of death. Be original and come up with your own description of your special someone.

2) Pictures: Take the picture of you in the tan stripe shirt, in the garden without the back pack and crop it to a head shot and make that your new main profile picture. It's the best one and shows you smiling :)

3)
If you think Asian man are undesirable, then you can stop right here. Don't read on. But believe me, Asian men are great lovers who know how to love a lady and make her happy. Intelligent and confident Asian men are very sexy. But they are not for you.
This reads like you are projecting your baggage of what other woman in your past have thought about Asian me into your profile. Bad idea! Remove this.

4)
I am quite different from an average person, Asian or non-Asian. I know every human being is unique. I am just unique in more ways than an average person. You may or may not like some of the things you see in me, But I am quite an interesting person for you to meet.
. If you are going to brag on your uniqueness then Sir you have to back it up with examples!

5)
Once you adopt a religion, you begin to confine your mindset to within a certain boundary.
You just insulted everyone who isn't an Atheist! and probably the girl reading your profile. Not smart.

6)
Stuffs
is not a word in the English language.

7) Check your grammar as you are using the wrong tenses and words. It is obvious English is not your first language.

8) On the POF profile question "Do you drink?" you answer "I do not drink at all." But in your profile you say

I don't drink any alcohol stronger than grape wines.
. Then
I rarely drink any beer at all.
(So you drink but not often) and following that you say
Usually I only drink one beer or two at certain social events
PICK ONE! either you drink or you don't? You come across as either a lier or a complete flake.
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 9
Does my profile describe me well?
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:52:53 PM
You are welcome.
 Indira46
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2013 12:21:54 PM
Your first sentence makes no sense. What does being an engineer have to do with treating women right?

You have the word "stuffs" in there twice. Remove the "s".

You mention being funny but your profile had zero humor in it.

You don't really mention anything fun. Nobody wants to watch you take apart computers

Remove the line about explaining things clearly. It just sounds like you think others are not as smart as you.

Remove the tattoo line.
 firefly416
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2013 2:32:34 PM
I agree with Indira's first 2 points. But I think the rest of your profile is okay. I think it would be cool to watch you take apart a computer as long as it still worked when you put it back together. It would be nice if you didn't wear the same shirt in several of your photos. But you did a good job of attempting to smile. I get the impression that is something which Asian people don't seem comfortable doing, at least for photos. You look good--younger than your age says.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Does my profile describe me well?