Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Douching, Birth Control, & Cunnilingus      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LucidTheory
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Douching, Birth Control, & CunnilingusPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Has any woman on this site douched and and no longer douching? Question for you?
do the men seem to prefer your taste (oral sex) more when you douched? Or more when you stopped?

If you use a IUD or Nuvaring for birth control, does that affect you taste and smell?

I don't think douching is healthy or enhances oral sex, but some men say they like when women taste and smell like flowers and spring meadows. Are these chemical scents preferred over the natural sent?
 Hearton64
Msg: 2
Douching, Birth Control, & Cunnilingus
Posted: 2/18/2013 3:47:44 AM

Has any woman on this site douched and and no longer douching? Question for you?

do the men seem to prefer your taste (oral sex) more when you douched? Or more when you stopped?

If you use a IUD or Nuvaring for birth control, does that affect you taste and smell?

I don't think douching is healthy or enhances oral sex

http://women.webmd.com/guide/vaginal-douching-helpful-or-harmful

Should a woman douche?
According to health experts, including those at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), you should avoid douching. Having some vaginal odor is normal. However, if you notice a very strong odor, it could be a sign of infection. The acidity of the vagina will naturally control bacteria, and simply washing the vagina with warm water and mild soap is enough to keep clean.

I have never used anything that left me smelling like "flowers" but I do know
cleaning inside with plain water during baths,not just showers, keeps me smelling alot better than not!
I have also found that after sex without a condom,I tend to STINK thanks to my guys cum "fermenting" inside of me and that's not my damn fault! lol

Overall, the risks of douching far outweigh the benefits. Here are just a few of the problems linked to douching:
Vaginal infections (bacterial vaginosis). Douching upsets the natural balance of bacteria in the vagina (called vaginal flora). These changes make the environment more favorable for the growth of bacteria that cause infection. Studies have found that women who stopped douching were less likely to have bacterial vaginosis. Having bacterial vaginosis can increase the risk of preterm labor and endometriosis.

Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID is an infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and/or ovaries. Research has found that women who douche have a 73% higher risk of getting PID.
Pregnancy complications. Women who douche more than once a week have more difficulty getting pregnant than those who don't douche. Douching also increases the risk of ectopic pregnancy by as much as 76%. With an ectopic pregnancy, the embryo implants outside the uterus. The more a woman douches, the greater the risk of having an ectopic pregnancy.

Cervical cancer. Douching at least once a week has been linked to an increased chance of developing cervical cancer.
 LucidTheory
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 4:20:49 AM
Very informative, thank you :)

I was reading a thread about men's aversions to oral because they don't trust the cleanliness of her vulva. I don't think many know exactly what a 'clean' vagina/vulva is exactly because what they've been introduced too as cleanliness - not every woman does and they may consider that normal or abnormal. And yes, I agree about the odor that comes from non-protected sex which can linger even after a shower.

It causes some anxiety because you wonder if they will think you're 'clean' if you don't smell or taste like they think you should based on past experience with past women (of which many may douche, wear tampons, and have different diets).
 SambaDeUmaNotaSo
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/18/2013 5:06:52 AM
Well, if it's not your fault, that isn't leaving many alternatives for placing the blame where it rightfully belongs. :)

It is a marinade, and therefore, it marinates. :)
 Hearton64
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/18/2013 5:23:33 AM
My vagina mainly smells after sex because of semen sitting in there dying or on my period and I certainly don't expect oral sex on my period or after he cums inside of me.The day after sex is the worst and off to the bath I RUN!

That marinade is nasty and I really don't blame men for fearing a woman's vagina.

Somedays...I fear my own! lol
 LucidTheory
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 5:37:18 AM

that isn't leaving many alternatives for placing the blame where it rightfully belongs.

What? Who is blaming anybody? Nobody blamed anybody, we're just stating information.

I certainly don't expect oral sex on my period or after he cums inside of me.
There's a fetish for that, so people wouldn't mind doing exactly that.

If you don't feel like bathing immediately afterwards you can douche with plain water. Or just sit on the toilet and pour warm water down between your legs to rinse off until you do shower. Lessens sex odor a lot.
 MsMicki
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 6:09:56 AM
In my experiences, any man that has a list of standards a woman must meet in order to do oral on her.....
wasn't worth all the effort!!

and any man that really loved to give oral and was damn good at it.....preferred the natural musky scent of a woman over perfumes and flowers!!

Now, mind you, I said natural musky scent.........not 2 day old sweaty vagina!
 Hearton64
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/18/2013 6:28:24 AM

Now, mind you, I said natural musky scent.........not 2 day old sweaty vagina!

I hear that! lol

Again,it's not sweat or disease or infection it's his CUM that stinks it up!

Don't use condoms and get back to me. :P
 SambaDeUmaNotaSo
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/18/2013 6:43:47 AM
I am loving this discussion!

"Semen sitting in there dying." OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!

I have met women who have a natural body scent that they exude through their clothing. I know it's not perfume, it's natural musk.

And when I get a whiff of that, I think "damn," if she smells like this (awesome) through the clothes, I can only imagine how amazing she smells "there."

Perfumes make me dizzy, in a good way, but natural musk - my brain shuts down immediately. :)
 MsMicki
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 6:53:23 AM

Again,it's not sweat or disease or infection it's his CUM that stinks it up!

Oh I completely agree.......
I love the way a room smells after a good round of hot monkey sex......you can just smell the sex in the air.
But come morning.......not so much!

Guess that's why I prefer to finish my guy orally! No mess, no wet spot, and no 8 hour old spunk!
 Hearton64
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/18/2013 7:09:57 AM
Guess that's why I prefer to finish my guy orally!
No mess, no wet spot, and no 8 hour old spunk!

Now you get my point!

I love the way a room smells after a good round of hot monkey sex......you can just smell the sex in the air.
But come morning.......not so much!

Same here....but...
I can't get away from myself fast enough! lol

Too bad they don't have the hole and we don't have the pole!
 darkhairedgirl81
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/18/2013 8:57:13 AM
I agree that the smell is horrible! I feel guilty that when I was married I only let my ex-husband ejaculate inside me maybe three times in ten years. I wanted to vomit after due to the smell. I also had an aversion to putting his un-circumcised member into my mouth unless I had mouthwash or a mint in my mouth (minty BJs drive a man wild btw). Since then I was with a man who has had a vasectomy and there was no funky smell. Also I was in a LTR with this other young man that his thing was to go off inside and it never smelled as well. I think that it's the chemistry between two people that can cause the funk and his and your diet. When I was 18 my GYN told me not to douche because the vagina is a "self cleaning oven", soap and water on the outside and water and a finger on the inside was her advice. If a man doesn't want to eat at the taco stand, just refuse to eat at the hotdog cart and he'll change his tune IMO.
 ItsNotATumaaa
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/18/2013 10:50:30 AM
A good shower and a clean shave will make it at least somewhat pleasant. A vag is going to smell like nasty rotting fish regardless; we've just got to deal with it.
 MsMicki
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 10:59:22 AM

A vag is going to smell like nasty rotting fish regardless; we've just got to deal with it.

you might want to up the quality of women you are dating/doing!!

I repeat......those that complain the most.....usually aren't worth having down there!
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:05:28 AM

A vag is going to smell like nasty rotting fish regardless;

What tacos have you been feasting on??? If a woman does the cleaning job well enough, it shouldn't smell that bad, let alone have that kind of taste.
 neck romancer
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:17:36 AM
the first girl I went down on tasted horrible.. I was going off the notion that this would be fish flavored.. they forgot to mention rotten dead fish flavor. Fortunately no other vagina has had that flavoring ...I was told that she prolly had a yeast infection or something. Most other vaginas had about the same flavor except one... hers was like licking any other piece of skin. So pretty much no flavor just a lil salty.. but this may be due to her never getting wet.
 ItsNotATumaaa
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:30:02 AM
Ladies, just face the facts that your vaginas smell like the moldy, rotting flesh of unholy incarnations of the undead. That after-sex smell of latex and vag squirt is atrocious. And you wonder why we're so quick to get ourselves to sleep.
 FlyyinSolo87
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/18/2013 11:43:22 AM
If it smells that bad why the hell are you doing women? I had my experimental phase and never encountered a woman who smelled that bad. Nor has any man made any comment about my poon. Like has been said, maybe you need to meet some "cleaner" women.
 Hearton64
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/18/2013 12:10:17 PM

Ladies, just face the facts that your vaginas smell like the moldy, rotting flesh of unholy incarnations of the undead. That after-sex smell of latex and vag squirt is atrocious. And you wonder why we're so quick to get ourselves to sleep.

His profile proves him to be a jokster.....but
just mention 'douche' and they come arunnin'.
 LucidTheory
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2013 1:47:26 PM

you might want to up the quality of women you are dating/doing!!

I repeat......those that complain the most.....usually aren't worth having down there!

What she said, definitely.

I wouldn't want someone going down on me that didn't enjoy it and didn't like the way I smelled or taste.
How do you tell someone they don't taste or smell good?

Maybe there is no good way to say that (as I'm sitting here thinking about it).
So I think the better way of doing that would be to ask up front if she has any problems before you go down. I'd be truthful about that because I see no reason to lie to people about my health if I'm having sex with them (particularly unprotected sex, oral or otherwise)
 ineedfun2010
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/18/2013 8:38:43 PM
I have an IUD. the guy iwas dating when I got it never said there was any kids of a taste or smell difference
 Serendipity_76
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/18/2013 9:00:47 PM
Drink lots of pineapple juice. Your body scent is mainly your diet. Try it for a week.
 ageisjustanumber
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/19/2013 12:02:35 AM
the fish smell is caused by a culprit known as bacterial vaginitis. there fore its a bacteria can be caused by bacteria tranference from many partners, hormone imbalance, ect. look it up!!!
 Hearton64
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:09:57 AM
It's not neccesarily "fishy".But it's pungent to say the least.And it's completely possible that the dying sperm creates
carbon that is released from the decomposing tissue.
As for BV,that may be true for some,but for me,it ONLY happens after I have sex and don't completely wash out the interior of my vagina right way.There is NO discharge beyond the left over cum and no itch.
I never douche with chemicals,only warm water.
I never get yeast infections or UTI's and this ONLY happens after sex and is FINE once it's been cleaned out.
I have also looked it up on-line and find that ALOT of women experience this and are free of disease.
 SambaDeUmaNotaSo
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/19/2013 4:29:59 PM
Again with the "dying sperm!" :)

As regards a prior posting:

If pineapple can improve the taste, it's unfortunate that there is no substance to improve the SMELL.

On behalf of all men, I apologize.

Who knew? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Douching, Birth Control, & Cunnilingus