Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Is debt saving us from Ourselves?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RussArtLover
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is debt saving us from Ourselves?Page 1 of 1    
Having a large dept is both enjoyable (if you can swing it) and bothersome. It hangs there like a carrot / club motivating us, limiting us, stabilizing us. What would the world be like without it ...probably agrarian. Farms everywhere and little archaic trade centers with goofy kids running wild. I kinda like having paved streets and libraries but I don't care much for poison darts or disease.
 Kings_Knight
Msg: 2
Is debt saving us from Ourselves?
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:01:36 AM
When has debt ever been 'enjoyable' ... ? Being in debt means turning control of your personal financial well-being over to a disinterested third party to whom you owe ( ahem ) ... money. You will not be in control of your destiny until the debt is discharged - and I don't care if we're talking about twenty-five cents or a million bucks. Debt. Is. Debt. Amount is irrelevant. The only one who profits - some, substantially - is the one to whom the debt is owed. Ever notice the rate of interest for a 'pay-day loan' ... ? Or your credit card ... ? Such rates used to be called 'usurious'. No longer - they're the norm. Sorry, but debt is, and will always be, a negative. When you're talking about paved streets and libraries, you're not talking about debt per se, you're talking about taxes - but that's another story for another thread.
 Proteaus
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/20/2013 10:16:27 AM
Our whole finance system is based upon debt.Used to be our money was actually worth something ,was based on gold . We have moved from a monetary system where money was actually worth something to a system were we have currency based on nothing .One good example I can think of .Look at the federal government, when they need to borrow money they get it from the federal reserve . The federal reserve prints the money (basically making money out of nothing) and hands it to the government . The government then hands the fed reserve a I.O.U which the reserve turns around and sell to other countries , like China etc. Here is the kicker . There is nothing federal about the federal reserve , it is a cartel of private banks .So basically whats going on is just a large ponzi scheme . The private banks are systematically stripping the wealth from the country and transferring it out of the country . Or into the pockets of the top 1% , whichever you prefer . If every one could live within their means we could bring the whole financial system crashing down . All the banks would fail , because they can't exist with out some one owing them money .
 RussArtLover
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 1:35:22 PM
I kind of agree. I was watching Zeitgeist again the other night, watched it all the way through this time. Toward the end they start talking about Central Banking as if it were the big bad wolf. So I decided to flip it, see if there was a "good thing" about it all. The movie paints a pretty grim picture of insider trading and other serious financial crimes but I was wondering if that might just be perspective. If I'd owned one of the banks that got hit in the Depression I'm sure there'd be no forgiving them. To see all my customers hit so hard. But just maybe they saw something worse coming, like losing a World War. Maybe they knew it would take one nightmare to end another. So I created this thread thinking, start small and drop the bomb after a few posts.
 Proteaus
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/20/2013 2:39:38 PM
When the world bank goes into a 3rd world country to loan money , first thing the bank does is make that country sign all of its mineral rights away . Even the fresh water rights ,its pretty disgusting . Every time a central bank started in America it was dismantled . Before the 1st depression the central bank finally got started and actually caused the depression . flexing its muscle . if you will . The central bank is the largest enemy the United States has .Problem is our government has been bought lock, stock, and barrel .
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Is debt saving us from Ourselves?