Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > do you need to upgrade to chat and send messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 studmonger
Msg: 1
do you need to upgrade to chat and send messagesPage 1 of 1    
Im sendin chats and messages all day and i get no responses, even to tell me to **** off! Do i need to upgrade to send quick messages and to chat?
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 2
do you need to upgrade to chat and send messages
Posted: 2/19/2013 2:36:09 PM
Nope, no need to upgrade to be ignored either by messages or chat. To be fair, most don't pay attention to the chat feature here as it is riddiled with bugs at the best of times. As for messages, no response is a response.

You can try sending me a message to check out this theory. I promise I don't bite.
 studmonger
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/19/2013 2:40:04 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Froggie. Yeah, ill send you a quick message and tell me if you got it.
 Holly63
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/19/2013 2:41:21 PM
Well you already ARE sending messages and chat requests so the answer is no.

Many people don't like to be invited to chat with a total stranger so they decline the request. Upon declining the request I noticed the same person requesting again, over and over and I got pisSed off with them. I now have mine set to favourites only.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/19/2013 2:48:57 PM
If you do decide to stick awhile, avail yourself of the Profile Review forum; it could do you some good.

Good luck and welcome to PoF.
 studmonger
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/19/2013 2:54:46 PM
So the IM system is workin then?
 studmonger
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:13:10 PM
Im not harassing anyone, im not spammin people with texts, im just puttin the feelers out. My short profile means I havent committed to this site at all- if i had I wouldve forked over the cash to upgrade my account.
 studmonger
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:18:20 PM
Im not takin anything personally, i was just wondering exactly what the protocol here is for back and forth communication. Ladies, it would make it a LOT easier for both the guys and gals if, when you got an unwanted message, just say no thanks or not interested or whatever. Send a clear message and you wont get harassed.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2013 3:27:00 PM

As a reminder to all and for the ones that like to give unsolicited profile reviews in any forum other than the Profile Review forum - knock it off AND read the Posting Clarifications Here

As for the actual questions - the IM system should work, but, for the ones on certain/most cell phones it will not, for some, their web browser pop up blocker is unkwowingly set to block and won't receive it, some don't like to use it and don't have a clue how to turn it off, and for whatever is left over, they're probably ignoring or declining due to too many chat requests.

As for messages sent, be weary of their email restrictions (found on their profile) and also note that there are site email filters to combat spammers and scammmers. Always pysically check your outbound box (regardless of the system message) - if your email is in your sent box, it's sent, if not, well then you've tripped some site filters. NO NEED to upgrade.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here ||
 bluesnoop1000
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/9/2014 5:17:27 PM
cant chat with anyone option not there
 forum_moderator
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2014 5:33:15 PM

Chat was discontinued some time ago for all users.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS||
Complaint Department HERE
 RichSchaefer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2015 3:23:19 PM
Now I'm confused... is chat working or not working for all users! Am I just eating my time! Or do I have to upgrade?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2015 3:24:55 PM
There is no chat feature for anybody and hasn't been for a long time.

You can email all you want, though.
 RichSchaefer
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2015 3:54:32 PM
So chat does not work... It's a waste of time?
 RichSchaefer
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2015 3:56:09 PM
And how do you email somebody?
 RichSchaefer
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2015 4:27:45 PM
How do you email somebody? And isn't it the same as chatting
 SLAFFA
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/1/2015 8:10:13 PM
Um, YOUR ^^^ problem is that you joined in late May. Very bad month to join. Especially for Forum participants.

If you CHOOSE to improve your profile, Your email "responses" will improve to some degree.

Any improvement is a good thing.

Right?
 AussieNancy
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/2/2015 12:13:35 AM
We used to be able to chat to people via Userplane. That feature was discontinued a few years ago.

How do you email somebody?

Do you mean email or chatting via this site?
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/2/2015 5:38:06 AM

And how do you email somebody?

1. Go to somebody's profile.
2. Click "Click here to send this user a message"
3. Type a message and press "send"
4. ???
5. Profit!
 RichSchaefer
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 11:22:16 AM
chatting via the Site! or communicate any way! I haven't got back one response and I done everything that they say to do I don't even think people receiving mine chats or messages or whatever they're called!any suggestions would love it
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/3/2015 12:36:28 AM
......They are getting your messages, they just aren't replying...
It's the internet, it's the way it works here....
There are hundreds of similar threads on here.

Mark_It_Up
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/3/2015 8:50:29 AM

I haven't got back one response

So it must be a problem with the site...?
No, sorry to say, they are receiving your messages but they are choosing not to reply.
I would highly recommend you get a profile review. Just make a post in the profile reviews forum, and nice people there will help you out.
 LuvFishes
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/5/2015 10:31:53 PM
Moderator has already told everyone there is NO Chat. Someone suggested a profile review. Well I did take a look to see your profile. Your attractive bonus for you. But:
First there are a few spelling issues. I know picky... but YOU only have less than 20 second to 1 minute to grab her attention. It matters to most women.

Second your profile reads like a laundry list of all about you. Your pics too many with shades covering your eyes... like your hiding something. For whatever reason... it's just a little dark feeling.

Third What kind of women are you seeking? Your profile needs to speak to her. With words you need to share a few of your hopes and needs in a date, relationship. Draw her in.

Fourth- Your a Dad? Show a softer side of you. While I strongly suggest You shield your child from your Dates at least till you find "The One". It's too confusing for the child. It's ok to say she's the apple of your eye.

If your not divorced... take sometime. Don't jump right back into a serious relationship. Don't rush things looking for women to be step mom. You know the age your seeking but what type of relationship.

The like function if she is not an upgraded member she doesn't know you like her nor if you favor her. Send a message and realize everyone doesn't come here everyday. Not everyone took the time to link their private email with POF for updates and notifications. You don't have to be a paid member at most sites to create a profile. So ponder the questions asked and paint her a picture of you and what she should see if with you.
Get a Header/Title and use it at all sites. IE: SportFishing, something that if she likes your profile she can find you by it.
Many ppl hide their profiles because it can get overwhelming with the flow of contacts. Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > do you need to upgrade to chat and send messages