Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Does a woman beCome more like you, when you do?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 harspaw76116
Msg: 1
Does a woman beCome more like you, when you do? Page 1 of 1    
I know stupid question, but I was just interested in your thoughts? Less sex less control, or does it just feel that way! As a male not much interested in The experience of expressing my deep or not so deep love for a Female other over 10 minutes... Does the act of sharing yourself keep her in control or just in balance? Both sides of this conversation is going to be really interesting to hear! ;-)
 harspaw76116
Msg: 2
Does a woman beCome more like you, when you do?
Posted: 2/20/2013 2:07:49 AM
I see IM an expired CanIDate, for most that will read this.. But I'm still interested in your feedback! :-)
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 3:08:23 AM
What in the world are you hinting around about?

Why the intermittent capitalizations? Some sort of code or specialized lingo?

You say you aren't interested in being with a woman for over ten minutes. So what's the point of the question?

Does this have something to do with sado-masochism?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 3:17:15 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 3:35:14 AM
I think he's saying he's only romantic while having a quickie.
And asking if this gives a woman control over him.

lol
I'd say women have a LOT more subtle ways of controlling men than with sex.

and, the original question: Does a woman beCome more like you, when you do?
I think he is referring to a couple picking up each others habits of speech and humor as you spend more intimate time together. That's what I thought this thread was about, and yes I've noticed that often :)
 melodyof_k
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/20/2013 4:02:02 AM
yes I thought what RussArtLover said.

the question itself seems rather odd for a dating forum.

and the capital letter C in the middle of the word? strange.

he only cares to express his love for 10 minutes. I didnt look but I wonder if he put that on his profile.

ok...I looked.
his profile looks pretty normal as far as profiles can be called normal.
nothing in it to indicate that he only wants to show love for 10 mins.
the OP seems to be looking for a relationship

but Op...why do you only care to experience 10 minutes of expressing intimate love?
do you think a woman is going to be happy with that? and you are happy with that?
what about non sexual times together?
will you want to experience expressing love?
this makes no sense to me. can you rephrase your question?
and why ask a question if you state that you know it is a stupid question?
 gingerosity
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 4:36:32 AM
Seems to be some kind of control issue at the core of what the OP was getting at, which is probably why Igor mentioned S&M. Some people get off on the control thing. To me the point of sex is in giving and receiving intimate pleasure with someone I care about - control doesn't come into it.

Maybe I'm way off topic... it's hard to tell.
 DragonBits
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/20/2013 5:03:34 AM

his profile looks pretty normal as far as profiles can be called normal.

Normal only as defined by PoF.

He is a 39 year old man with age filters of 25-35, but in his profile he states, "I'm open to any age".

Maybe on a related note.

"Long-awaited federal study finds that an estimated 32 million adults in the USA — about one in seven — are saddled with such low literacy skills that it would be tough for them to read anything more challenging than a children's picture book or to understand a medication's side effects listed on a pill bottle. "
 DameWrite
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 11:05:40 AM
If you are talking about if you start having sex are you more or less in control of yourself, then that is an individual choice. Some lose their self control, some just lose the feeling of self control, some feel more in control, some, having sex, doesn't influence their level of self control.

Having sex does change some things. It's up to the individual to allow or not to allow this to happen or decide which things may change or which we don't want to change.

I used to give up too much of my gig, not anymore, but I am still flexible, just not a push over.
 purrfectmeow
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/20/2013 11:37:38 AM
At first I thought I was lost in some generation gap.
Then I asked my son in law from Texas what the O.P. is asking.
Three soilders, four females, and a confused Mom later,
we are still wondering what the heck.

Can you please put your question into plain English?
 _shakti_
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/20/2013 12:09:10 PM
Do you fear that sharing deeply of yourself gives the other person control over you? Or that one of you will lose your own identity in the process? It's difficult to follow your line of thinking, so I need more clarity before I can offer an opinion.

Also, what does this have to do with science?
 J_bird61
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/20/2013 4:32:01 PM
I think he's saying he hates intimacy.
Can't stand it, is how I read it and wants to know if sharing himself (I am guessing non sexually, but I could be wrong) temporarily shuts his woman up thusly controlling her need for closeness with him.

I'm lost on the "less sex less control" as to who's getting less ....

But in general, it isn't about control.....perhaps you should revamp your notions about women and appreciate what they bring to the table a little more?

I might be way off base mentioning this - but we can usually give you what you need if there's something coming back, but again it's not supposed to be about control, it's about communication and giving. because you want to.

OR you could be saying you hate sex....I'm not sure.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2013 4:37:33 PM
Given the timing of the OP and the lack of clarification, I'm guessing that this is a case of drunk posting.
 Just___Jim
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/21/2013 6:20:29 AM

The experience of expressing my deep or not so deep love for a Female other over 10 minutes... Does the act of sharing yourself keep her in control or just in balance? Both sides of this conversation is going to be really interesting to hear! ;-)

So once the "honeymoon period is over" now what?

^^^^^^^^^^

imo, if that the case, you just might want to stick with only fwb relationship's. As it more about using then sharing inanimately with another.

And that's no big deal as many people that is their only way in not expressing themselves above and beyond as lets say two committed lovers would do with each other.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Does a woman beCome more like you, when you do?