Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > This is why spelling matters      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrTasherDK
Msg: 3
view profile
History
This is why spelling mattersPage 1 of 1    
haha.
That's a good one.
But I don't care to much about grammar or spelling as long as i understand the meaning.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 4
This is why spelling matters
Posted: 8/8/2013 5:51:14 PM
I think spelling is very important. Misspelled profiles are a turn-off. I especially can not stand when people misspell easy words like lose[to misplace] , or they use the wrong "your" or the wrong "to". Overuse of prepositions at the end of sentences are also annoying. I understand a minor error here or there, but the glaring errors, really get to me.
 Cryptofabulous
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2014 8:03:21 AM
Grammar and Spelling:

The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse. ;-)
 RedDeerRob
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/19/2014 10:16:33 PM
"Let's go eat Dave."
"Let's go eat, Dave."

To me, spelling/punctuation is important as it shows me that you actually care how you communicate with me. Of course, everyone (including myself) makes mistakes. Some are far more hilarious than others. It's why I always kick myself for not proof-reading my own profile, and then a couple days later I look at it and realize I screwed up a basic sentence.

Having said that, I don't scold people who don't care. It's not up to me to tell them how to conduct their personal business.

I WILL contact a woman if I find something amusing in her profile that I think she should probably fix. But it has to be amusing. lol
 Kahndor
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/26/2014 6:20:15 AM
you need to romance her with music as foreplay
not just tear the clothes off

everyone comes to the answerman
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > This is why spelling matters