Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you ever look at your 'Inbox' and view those tiny thumbnails and j      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1WishList
Msg: 1
Do you ever look at your 'Inbox' and view those tiny thumbnails and just delete the entire page?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I know this is so rude to do.
Not replying to those who have taken the time to send a, "Hey", ...or a, "What's Up", ... or something ignorant or sexual.
But, really, do you delete based upon that first glimpse??
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 2
Do you ever look at your 'Inbox' and view those tiny thumbnails and just delete the entire page?
Posted: 2/21/2013 2:23:50 AM

Do you ever look at your 'Inbox' and view those tiny thumbnails and just delete the entire page?

No, but when I view the pics of those tiny penises in my inbox I just delete and block... They'll never get in my real box.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/21/2013 3:00:35 AM

No.

I don't send out rejection notices and I don't always read the message but I do normally look at the profile but again, that depends.

Occasionally, it's evident from the thumbnail image that someone is completely out of the age range I seek. For instance, if someone is clearly very young, then I am not interested in them romantically. However, I do get lots of forum related messages so I would then read the message before looking at the profile rather than presume it's a message of interest. If it was message of interest, then I would delete unanswered. The same would apply if the message came from someone significantly older.

But, I have learned that many do not choose a good image for their primary photo and so, looking at the profile might provide further images.

I'm not here to be on a power trip or to waste people's time. Mass deleting, without looking at either the profiles or messages, would signify to me, that I wasn't really all that interested in meeting people or that I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be looking. If I ever had a day were I was tempted to mass delete, then I think I would leave that page of messages for another time.
 Msholiday282
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/21/2013 4:08:53 AM
Never! I always read their profile and even if I don't think we are a match, I will answer. After all I could be wrong.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/21/2013 4:23:09 AM

But, really, do you delete based upon that first glimpse??

Yes, every day
 angellight2091
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 4:28:02 AM
Occasionally if Im in a mood or if its a bunch of guys Im clearly not interested in (age, race, etc) but I usually leave one or two and view the message because their pic peaked my interest..
 Stubidooo
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/21/2013 5:12:18 AM

I'm interested in whether women read your profile before your message

Can't answer for women but I do.
 Walts
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/21/2013 5:42:49 AM
Read the message,read the profile and then decide on if a reply is actually warranted. I don't delete just because of their thumbnail pic alone.
 ouija2013
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/21/2013 6:13:14 AM
I read their profile before replying. I don't read a profile if the Header has 69, sexy, hot, or lonely in it. Or a combination thereof. :/ Pictures are of no importance to me
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/21/2013 6:27:12 AM
Only rarely did I delete a first contact message without reading it....the thumbnail photo had to be outrageously inappropriate. I read them because if they were nice enough, and the man struck me as not a psycho, I'd likely send something polite back even if not interested. I also read them because upon occasion, a man's message (and profile) was so very clever that he piqued my interest, even if the photo did not. Continued msgs from someone I'd already said thanks but no thanks to WOULD get deleted unread.....

I can say, however, that upon looking at the thumbnails in my "viewed me" page (when I was seeking to date)...I've been known to send prayers to the powers that be that a number of the gentlemen would NOT see fit to contact me!!! :-)
 grove_22
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/21/2013 6:27:21 AM
I haven't done this. But I'm sure some messages have been unread / deleted without looking at the profile because age, race, distance, they didn't like your main photo etc.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/21/2013 7:00:13 AM
I'm a compulsive reader, so, no.

Unless the picture belongs to one of the very few people I really don't like from the forums.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:13:11 AM
No.
The way I see it , yeah if she wrote to me the least I can do is read it.
What id she doesn't have a picture up? I could miss out on a good person.
 c_deacon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 9:24:04 AM
Don't you just hate it when you have to spend all that time deleting page after page of email and comments sent to you???????.......I know that I do!!.......lmao

cd
 spilling_fire
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/21/2013 11:35:43 AM

I'm interested in whether women read your profile before your message as POF seems to think.

I do check out the profile before ever reading the message.
If I see something within the profile that suggests we aren't compatible (location, age, my lack of attraction to their pics, poor grammar and spelling) then I'll delete the message without ever reading it.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/21/2013 12:20:07 PM

Do you ever look at your 'Inbox' and view those tiny thumbnails and just delete the entire page

Well...yeah!
I am so hawt I know it will just fill up again...anyhow! I secretly... get a little bit of pleasure from
doing this...keeping those worthless... guys hangin....wonderin...
That'll teach 'em....lol.

Seriously....I read everyone that comes my way....whether I like the pic or not....always respond in kind.
I will block if...they don't accept a polite...not interested.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/21/2013 12:53:14 PM
Never. When I get a message, I always read the man's entire profile and look through his photos.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/21/2013 1:17:47 PM
I have in the past. Returned after being away and the same men I had already explained we wont be meeting, emailed me....I can admit I didnt bother, just deleted a ton of emails. I have a very good memory for faces and I knew I had already done the dance of 'why wont you meet me' with them all before.
 Talllkonnly
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/21/2013 2:11:57 PM
When I was here looking I would occasionally get a message that the main pic looked like someone I would not want to meet in a dark alley. Their pic scared me so I would delete without reading their message. Those few times were the only times I did not read their message.
 Mozzily
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:22:19 PM
I ALWAYS look at the guys profile before I read his message, so I can form a opinion about the guy and know what to say to him if I do decide to respond, then I read the message, If I actually respond to a guy that sends me a stupid "Hi! :)" Ive gotta be very into him to not ignore it. So very very very rarely would I respond to those anyways.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/21/2013 8:53:05 PM
While I am lucky to get a couple of messages a year, I do take the time to look at their profiles, and in most cases respond if I perceive something interesting about them, or share like interests. It's not always about a thumbnail pic. I've even messaged people without a pic because their profile captivated me. While my ultimate goal for being on this site, or anywhere for that matter, is to be in an awesome relationship, I'm also open for new friends. I think people are very picky about just being platonic friends, and in turn they are missing out. Just look at it this way, when you make new friends, you open new doors to meeting more people outside your circle, thus your chances are greater in finding a relationship.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/22/2013 6:22:47 PM
I'm too social to do that. I'll respond to every message regardless of how good they may or may not be. It's rare I actually read anything interesting or witty. Most of my responses are of the "I'm not feeling that vibe I'm looking for", etc. and good luck. Some people actually become e-friends and then, of course, there are my forum friends. You don't want to accidentally delete forum messages...!
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/22/2013 7:20:25 PM
Delete the entire page in the inbox? one must be really in a bad mood ;-)
 rainbowcolors
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:55:08 AM
If I did get a whole page of messages there'd be a couple that would peak my interest. As far as deleting without reading goes...I am guilty of starting to do this with a few here and there because it's clear the thumbnail photo shows a body type that does not interest me. If they read my profile they'd see that I am looking for someone trim. If I was chubby/overweight I'd be open to the same.
 brinaalina
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:34:05 PM
Not gonna lie, I've done this. A lot.
I open the message first always, but I've deleted without replying more often than not.

It's really not a big deal. If someone's SO offended at that little thing, then maybe they shouldn't be online dating.
First impressions DO matter, especially on the internet.
Lately though, I have been replying to more and more people but I still delete without replying a considerable amount of the time. Sorry. Well...not really sorry but yeah.
Who cares? I know it happens back to me to, I'm sure.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you ever look at your 'Inbox' and view those tiny thumbnails and just delete the entire page?