Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF Contact Us      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 2
POF Contact UsPage 1 of 1    

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what is going wrong with my mailing at the moment

Yep.

There is a word or a phrase in your email that is preventing it from going through.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 2/24/2013 7:17:20 AM

I am sending messages out and after a while they are being shown as sent but not appearing in my sent messages folder,

The telling wards are "after a while." You are sending out a LOT of messages. The site limits how many people you can message in a short time, as a way to limit spammers, and the idiot guys who think that the way to find someone is to send a cut and paste, or meaningless quickie message to every female in a hundred miles of them.

Stop sending so many messages, or you will get your limit lowered even more.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 4
POF Contact Us
Posted: 2/24/2013 7:51:26 AM

Can someone shed light on the point of POF's contact us facility as I have sent messages to it without reply.

POF get a lot of messages, understandable when you consider the size of the user base. Many of them are for foolish reasons. It has been stated in the past that they don't respond to questions where the information is available on the site, this is essentially a self-help site.

A good starting point for your issue, would be here:-
Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help > FAQ: Sent emails not showing up in the sent http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3133546.aspx

If accessible Customer Support is important to you, then perhaps a fee based site which provides a 24 hour telephone number would better suit your needs.

However, when contacting Customer Support here, a few things to consider.
1. Make sure that you have checked the site thoroughly (especially within these forums) for the information you want.
2. Ensure that your e-mail subject header is indicative of the problem. Something like 'A question about messages' isn't going to get the same attention as a message headed 'Trying to Pay for Upgraded Membership.
3. The Customer Support staff (and there isn't many of them) do not work over the weekends. So if these messages you have sent without reply have been sent since Friday evening, as yet, no one has been in the office to open your message and respond to it.

zenithbootleg1975
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 10/19/2014 9:39:53 AM
I can't start a thread... any idea why? Is there anything I can do about it?
 4forumzgal
Msg: 8
POF Contact Us
Posted: 10/19/2014 5:04:27 PM
If you cant start a thread you've probably had that privilege taken away from you by a mod. And considering there ARE no mods at the moment to see if you can have it lifted, there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately.
 zenithbootleg1975
Msg: 9
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 10/22/2014 1:37:43 PM
Well it would have been nice if they told me!
What's happened to all the mods?
 4forumzgal
Msg: 10
POF Contact Us
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:33:30 PM
Yeah, they don't tell you. You just find out when you try stuff.

One mod has left the site, as we all will eventually, and the other just isn't a mod anymore. We're still waiting on new ones to step up to the job.
 salty_blumist
Msg: 11
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/13/2015 9:14:49 PM
All I would like to know is why have I noticed on a few occasions that some female users were ablt to have bikini photo's of themselves posted on their profiles, when male profiles without shirts, the picture is deleted? What's so bad about a man without a shirt on? Why is there this double standard?
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 12
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:09:58 AM
^^^

Because that is how the owner of the site wants to run his business.
 Eternityboreme
Msg: 13
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:14:40 AM

All I would like to know is why have I noticed on a few occasions that some female users were ablt to have bikini photo's of themselves posted on their profiles, when male profiles without shirts, the picture is deleted?

How many photos of topless women have you seen on POF?
 salty_blumist
Msg: 14
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/14/2015 2:37:34 PM
Of course I would not expect them to allow topless photos of women duh!!! But if women can get away with posting revealing body shots (wearing bikinis) I don't see what the problem is with men posting shirtless photo's. You know what I mean. I just don't get why so many Canadians are so particular about some things, I thought Canada was suppose to be a free country, yet we have rules and regulations it seems being jammed down are throats and coming out are a^*'s. I felt it was going too far when they put all these age block restrictions in place a year or so ago. If two adults over 18 who are 15 years apart want too talk they should be allowed to! I think overall pof is a great site and service, but this is going too far. And here we tell are troops serving and fighting for Canada thet it's for our freedom...please. And I wouldn't be surprised if I somehow were punished for making this post. It's funny how dictators don't like being told their dictators.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 15
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:30:18 PM

I don't see what the problem is with men posting shirtless photo's

I agree with you.
If its a beach shot or sport like playing beach volleyball or whatever, to me that's fine. However, unfortunately, too many men with their shirtless torsos show their penises or pubic hair as well. Markus deems that inappropriate and the system will delete such photos.
 salty_blumist
Msg: 16
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/15/2015 2:49:43 PM
Well, if they want too show their genitalia they deserve too have thier accounts deleted. But women could end up posting pictures of themselves in bikini's that may end up showing a bit more than expected to, yet I still view profiles of them in bikini's. It's a stupid double standard period. I don't like ranting like this, but I just find it annoying when people create something good and then begin to ultimately spoil it in ways by pushing too many stringent rules. And here I am a Canadian knocking many of my fellow Canucks on this, since we seem bad for doing this. It's like we feel the need to be perceived as so perfect that it disgusts me at times. It just baffles me why we care so much about what others may think.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 17
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/15/2015 3:05:48 PM
Salty_Blumist...you should totally demand a complete REFUND for your membership.
Send a note at CSR@pof.com and fight for your rights!
Always remember...you gotta' fight...for your right...to party.
 salty_blumist
Msg: 18
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 4/15/2015 8:04:23 PM
No no no, there's no need to go that route. Like I said in my second last post, pof I still consider a good service overall. I just don't like it if I think something I enjoy ends up on a road to possible ruin. I've never been one to shy away from speaking my mind on things that matter to me. I'm not gonna make a stink much more than this just because some prudes won't allow us men to show off our physiques and feel the need to babysit adults who embrace and appreciate the concept of freedom of choice.
 Steverino3c
Msg: 19
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 10/13/2016 6:12:49 AM
Hi this is Steve Haen from West Bend Wisconsin my username Steverino3c and my password sillycat1 is not going through how do I keep them 2 names
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 20
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 10/14/2016 7:51:22 AM
^^^ YIKES!

Steve,
Everyone who reads this thread now knows your password! These forums are not monitored by anyone at POF who can help you.

I have talked to two people who got "locked" out of their profile (password did not work). I think it might be scammers stealing profiles.

All you can do is create a new account. Maybe you can use your username, but probably not. Change it slightly and mention in your new profile that your old one was hacked.

Good luck!
 Steverino3c
Msg: 21
view profile
History
POF Contact Us
Posted: 10/14/2016 12:14:55 PM
His old profile was not hacked.

I used the info here and got in fine. Changed the password and sent the NEW password to his email account. He is fine, if he stops posting the username password online, EVER.

Told him to change the password to something I don't know. Please don't change it back to the old password posted here...!

Geez Steve! OMG!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > POF Contact Us