Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Do you think tattoos are sexy or not-sexy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 burninktattoo
Msg: 1
Do you think tattoos are sexy or not-sexy?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Do you think tattoos are sexy or not-sexy?

Many tattoos serve as rites of passage, marks of status and rank, symbols of religious and spiritual devotion, decorations for bravery, sexual lures and marks of fertility, pledges of love, punishment, amulets and talismans, protection, and as the marks of outcasts, slaves and convicts. The symbolism and impact of tattoos varies in different places and cultures. Tattoos may show how a person feels about a relative or about an unrelated person.
Today, people choose to be tattooed for artistic, cosmetic, sentimental/memorial, religious, and magical reasons, and to symbolize their belonging to or identification with particular groups, including criminal gangs (see criminal tattoos) or a particular ethnic group or law-abiding subculture. Some Māori still choose to wear intricate moko on their faces. In Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand, the yantra tattoo is used for protection against evil and to increase luck.
In the Philippines certain tribal groups believe tattoos have magical qualities, and help to protect their bearers. Most traditional tattooing in the Philippines is related to the bearer's accomplishments in life or rank in the tribe.
Extensive decorative tattooing is common among members of traditional freak shows and by performance artists who follow in their tradition.

So now your answers
 juliejolie001
Msg: 2
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:01:44 AM
I think if theyre done tastefully and in places that can be covered theyre very sexy.
Tattoos on women like Amy Winehouses are not so hot.
Although tattoos on men = yum.
 DonJ77
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/24/2013 3:42:17 PM
I think that they can be sexy, but I still prefer tattooless. I find the body looks better without.
 sunshines99
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/24/2013 4:17:18 PM
Just my opinion,I've never thought of a tattoo as sexy.......I see them for what they are Tattoos, decorations on the body for whatever the individuals reasons......

I have two tattoos the first one was done 10 maybe 11 yrs ago. the second one five yrs ago and I'm about to get my third and I think my final tattoo.
 goottogo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 6:18:11 PM
I think they are sexy on certain limit, and yo burnink I heard about you.. your a good artist since i remember you doing those youtube video! all the best .........
 pablos_planet
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/25/2013 3:50:14 PM
I think tattoos are tasteless.
You don't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes.
Some might be attracted by somebody's bad taste, this tells that they don't have taste either.
But it's all OK since both are happy, everything has right to exist.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/25/2013 10:55:01 PM
I'm sorry. I can't go along with this love of tattoos. It's simply like saying, my natural body is not enough for me. That says a lot about a person right there. And, I find what that says to be very unattractive.

The world does not revolve around you. If you want to live in this world, you have to understand this fact. You effect others. You impact other peoples' lives, whether you want to or not. We're all part of the same system. We all have some things in common, no matter what. We all influence each other.

Now, society is asking everyone to go along with this new tattoo craze. If someone objects to it, that person is treating like a leper. Of course, while being scolded and mistreated by society, having their right to their opinion taken away, that person is gonna feel oppressed and angry. Too bad. That's a fact throughout history.

So, I get a kick out of these people, mostly girls, stamping their feet and whining because they can't get their way. They can't get someone to love this permanent graffiti on the beautiful, natural art that is their bodies.

And, that's what a mature, healthy person should look at their bodies as. A beautiful, natural piece of art. If someone else can't see that beauty, that's they're problem. BUT, if you want to cover up that art, you're basically hiding that beauty and letting that ignorant person, who can't love every inch of you, win.

What a great example to set for kids. You're basically saying two things. Kids, you're not enough as you are. Even though, a parent should adore and gush over their children, like beautiful pieces of art as they are... no matter what. That's what it means to love them, unconditionally. You're also saying, you'll never be important unless you have a tattoo. "You'll never be important" is a horrible message to send to kids, when it's your job as parents to lift them up and help them try to accomplish anything. What if that kid says, "I want to be President"? Are you gonna say, "Well, that's impossible. What are you, stupid?"

If your kid wants tattoos, the argument should go right back to self-image and self-love. You should try to convince your kids that they are beautiful as they are. To respect themselves as they are. By seeing mommy and daddy, covered in tattoos sends the message that this is normal. Then, the kid will say, "When am I gonna get my tattoo?"

A parent should want their kid to aspire to be better than that. Not enjoy mediocrity. Not enjoy looking like a graffiti scratch pad.

That's my two cents. I can't wait to hear how "ignorant" I am.
 juliejolie001
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/26/2013 1:30:01 PM
whatever i still find them sexy!
 sunshines99
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/26/2013 6:40:15 PM
LukeMM23.........that was some kind of rant.........lol........you like everyone else are entitled to his or her own opinion......
 Fezuke_Kimachi
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:24:03 PM
I love tattoos, but mostly on others. I only have one myself and don't ever plan on getting any others. I got it at a young age and regret it today.

Like someone said, in good taste, they are great, but i've seen a lot of pointless/dumb ones before. But hey, as long as I don't have to live with it, carry on.
 bossmeifyoucan
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/27/2013 5:01:46 PM
I love tattoos! they are sexy on a lady!
 LukeMM23
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/27/2013 9:42:30 PM
I know I'm entitled to my opinion.

But, at least, I can back my opinion up with a good argument. It shows how narrow-minded and selfish people are, if and when they refuse to listen to someone else's argument.
 sunshines99
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/28/2013 10:44:15 PM
lol. combative also......it is also OK to be mellow .
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/28/2013 10:49:00 PM
I love a good piece of art, and while I myself have a few tatts, I don't think it should be a selling, or buying point of a person.
I do think over the years they have become a dime a dozen though, and have lost meaning. People are getting sleeved in one sitting. It's not like the old days when you would get a few over the years, and eventually they tie into one another. Just look at the music artists Marc Almond and Mike Ness; their sleeves were formed over decades of work, and not in a few hours.
 bossmeifyoucan
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/3/2013 5:37:02 AM
sexy parts
body art on hip
upper back
along the hip
shoulder
calves
chest

less sexy parts
neck
face
forearm
hands and fingers
 burninktattoo
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/3/2013 5:48:32 AM
Size of the design will have a lot to do with the overall sexiness of the finished piece. Picture a small attractive tattoo blown up ten times the original size. What the design will loose is the mystery of being small and discreet. A small design sneaking out of a private place may be the sexiest thing about tattoos.

Tattoo Placement - Placement is a huge factor in the attractiveness of body art. A well done tattoo that is the right size will still look terrible if its placed on the wrong part of the body. A small design that looks sexy on the pantie line may look completely ridiculous on the lower back. Also bad placement makes cover up tattooing much more difficult.

Tattoo Subject - The subject matter of the design is an important factor in creating a sexy tattoo. From roses to skulls many subjects can be converted into attractive tattoo designs. The key is picking an image that is universally thought of as attractive. Many designs begin as shocking but add sexy elements i.e. a skull with a pink bow on it's head. While many subjects can be used, one of the biggest factors in a sexy tattoo is not to get objectionable imagery.

Tattoo Quality - Maybe the most important quality in a sexy tattoo is quality of the work done. If the size, placement and subject matter of the design are all perfect but the artist is not qualified you will never have a sexy tattoo. The smoothness of the shading the clarity of the color palette and the crispness of the lines are all the signs of a good tattoo artist. So the first step in getting a sexy tattoo is taking the time to seek out a well versed tattoo artist.
 juliejolie001
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/3/2013 5:53:13 AM
I Agree!
Your the expert you know better then anybody for that!
 bossmeifyoucan
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:51:38 AM
I want a tattoooo When are you free? please let me know ASAP
 bossmeifyoucan
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:52:29 AM
Hi JUlie! how are you? how many tattoos you have?
 burninktattoo
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:57:56 AM
Send me a message "Boss..." on facebook and will fix an appointment
 juliejolie001
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:45:58 AM
at bossmeifyoucan I have a couple of tattoos and can't tell you much more details ;)
 LukeMitch31
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/13/2013 1:17:04 AM
Let me put it this way.

I will never get a tattoo put on my body. I love using paint and a white canvas of paper. I love using film to express myself artistically. I do not want or need any tattoos on my body, which is the personal, natural piece of art, that my parents created.

As much as I disapprove of covering up that natural art we were born with, it looks like I have NO CHOICE but to accept a woman who has a tattoo. I will look at their art the way they want me to... for as long as I'm with her. But, my disgust for that piece of art itself would be no reflection on how I would feel about her personally. I would just resent the artform itself. Because I would love her for her natural beauty, shaved or unshaved. With all of this new love for unnatural "enhancement" or expression, like tattoos, I'm starting to really like the all-natural look on women. Yes, even pit hair.

But, I do have limits. If I wake up to see that my girlfriend looks nothing like the naked human being I fell in love with, and looks like nothing but a mass of messy colors that... may have meaning for her, but means nothing to me... we would have major problems. I mean, I don't consider a woman to be nothing but a hole to stick my wiener into. BUT, it seems like that's how most women these days think, when they think of men in relationships. They don't want men to love the beautiful art that they came into this world with, fat, skinny, shaved, unshaved. If the guy is worth a damn, it shouldn't matter.

But, we're not talking about things that can be changed with time and effort. Like shaving your legs, and armpits. Like putting make-up on or taking it off. Like working your butt off, literally to get skinny or sit home and eat, and get fat. There is no way to change a tattoo without leaving some trace of it behind. You're stuck with it forever. And you're forcing everyone to love it or get out.

That's wrong. You can lose weight. You can't lose that ink blot on your chest. You basically want to tell everyone who doesn't like that artwork to go screw themselves, without actually saying it. That attitude by itself is extremely offensive and unattractive.

I have been working my ass off to look good for the ladies, and to feel good. But, I have the option to do whatever I want. I can shave my face. I can shave my body hair. It will grow back. Can you so easily take off that tattoo for someone you love? No. And because you can't, you ladies seem to have this piss-poor attitude that if a man can't love you and accept you for that life-altering choice, if he can't love that body modification, he's superficial or something, and not worth a damn.

But, women have never judged men for the way they look?? They have never been picky and superficial when choosing who they're attracted to?? Let's not be hypocritical here.

As for what I said in the beginning, I'll accept my girlfriend or wife for the small tattoos she has, because I obviously HAVE TO in this modern world. But, when I have kids, I will make sure they know how strongly I disapprove of tattoos and why. And, I will be choosing to ignore all of the complaints my wife or girlfriend might give me. I will tune her out. I don't care how that makes me look to you. But, I would have no other choice, it seems.
 bossmeifyoucan
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:57:52 AM
that's your opinion I am sure of that, but many don't share the same thinking. you may like one peace of arts and other wont like it. and the same is for tattooing some like it and other wont. Its not for everybody but for sure some look unique and beautiful having them
 juliejolie001
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/14/2013 11:03:01 AM
we think alike Mr Bossmeifyoucan!
I prefer a guy with tattoos! a tattoo that mean something to him or to me I don't care... tattoos is a form of arts that exist before painting on canvas and framed photos
 LukeMitch31
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/15/2013 12:22:49 AM
Let me guess, boss. You didn't understand anything that I said. I spent a lot of time, trying to make you people understand why tattoos are so unattractive to me... and others. And my guess is that arrogant, self-absorbed tattoo-obsessed people like yourself, won't even read an opposing argument.

I've read all of the arguments for tattoos. It's all basically the same thing, repeated over and over.

"They help to remind us of events in our lives."

Ever hear of keeping something, like a keep sake from the event.

"They help us honor our lost loved oves."

Ever hear of keeping photographs of said people. I mean, this is why I hate the over-dependency on cell phone-usage. People seem to be perfectly ok with losing all of their family photos on their phone... eventually. Why didn't they just go print them out at a 1-Hour Photo or something and then, put them in a freakin' photo album... you know, like normal people...? Now, instead of doing something sensible like that, people would rather tattoo the face of their dead child on their chest.

Boy, that's really attractive for a guy, while making love to this girl. "Hey, your dead son seems to be giving me the evil eye here. I really can't get it up, because I'm staring at the image of a dead child."

"They are beautiful art that adds great beauty to the human body."

Um, no. No, no, no. And just, plain no. Um, the human body is great, beautiful art in itself. Your parents helped to create it with their genes.

Personally, I think everyone is getting so bored with life, they're getting tired of their own natural appearance. Which is kind of sick in itself, if you ask me. Because I love the little things. I'll stop and appreciate the feeling of anything and everything. I'll stop to appreciate sights or sounds, that most people take for granted and ignore. This world is full of stuff to keep you and your mind occupied. How can anyone be so possibly bored that they can't stand the sight of their own skin??

What about improving your body? You don't improve your body with embedded paint. You improve your body by making it healthy. Making it feel better. You don't do it to be pleasing to the eyes. You do it because, at the end of the day, your entire body feels good.

By covering up all of that natural art, you're basically saying that the skin you were born with is not good enough. All of your past, everything you were before the tattoos should be forgotten. You basically make yourself more of an object than any supermodel like Megan Fox. It's like you're saying that childhood isn't worth hearing about, because you didn't have tattoos then. Everything you are can be seen on the surface of your skin, so why should anyone you're trying to date, bother to ask you any questions about anything outside of that art?? Is that painting all that you are? Seems pretty shallow to me. Not to mention, it makes you look and feel very self-conscious about the soul you're trying to hide.
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Do you think tattoos are sexy or not-sexy?