Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blakjak82
Msg: 1
view profile
History
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!Page 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I've opened up conversations with woman, several conversations with women have been very informative and encouraging. however; i have begun to wonder why do some of these women feel as though it is ok to play hard to get, or feel the need to "be Chased" while trying to meet someone online? can anyone explain this to me!
 neck romancer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:25:13 PM
could be conditioning. many of them think men like to chase.
 blakjak82
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:29:35 PM
good reply romancer. chasing is cool in actual reality. but not in online communication.
 OutMind
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/24/2013 8:52:41 PM
Because there are not interested in you. Because they are not sure of your tactics, because they think that you are a player, and idiot, an nice guy, a pushy guy, a great guy that will not give them the time of day. Does it matter?

You've done your part. Something will click with some women. That is what you are looking for. It's called a numbers game for a reason. A high percentage of women are not going to dig you. If they did, you would be fvcking a different woman twice a week.

So for every rejection, learn something. For every contact, learn something. See how far it goes. Learn something. It does move forward. And it will lead to a woman that is not just responding to some bu ll sh it. It will be a woman responding to YOU.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:05:14 PM
Reread the post by OutMind several times as it is the correct answer.
 blakjak82
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2013 9:27:34 PM
agree outmind... totally agree!!!
 college_girl13
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/24/2013 10:33:54 PM
You shouldn't generalize people like that. I'm sure not ALL women play hard to get. And it may not even be that they are playing hard to get - maybe they just aren't that into you. I've had a couple of guys tell me that I was playing hard to get, when that wasn't the case at all. I simply just was not interested in the guys, and I guess their ego couldn't handle that. I can only speak for myself here: I don't play hard to get. I don't play games, but I have experienced some guys who play games. It's not even games all the time, just not expressing how you truly feel.

Like right now, I've been talking to this dude for 3 months. He asked me if I was interested in him, and if I planned on us visiting each other, and told me that he wanted to continue our conversations. I told him I was very interested, would love to visit, and we continued talking for about a week. But all of a sudden, this dude stopped messaging me. I haven't heard from him in over 2 weeks. The only thing I can gather from that is: He's just not that into me. But why not just tell me? Instead of having me out here looking dumb. I'm really hurt over it and I don't get it, but oh well. I still try not to judge all guys because of what a few guys do. And guys shouldn't judge all women because of their experiences with other women.
 ksayer1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 5:53:28 AM
I have a tendency to lose interest when he starts asking me which position i like best or if i give head....................
 JGirlSD
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:09:31 AM
I agree this can be frustrating..but just as bad is when you have been chatting/texting/emailing with someone for weeks on end..they keep on saying 'we have to meet' and when I try to suggest some dates and times they either have an excuse or don't bother to respond....it goes both ways, women and men do it. They think it's fun or an ego boost to string along several 'fish' .. leading them to believe they actually want to meet when in reality all they want to do is send texts back and forth.

so..just be patient OP, there are real ones out there.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:14:01 AM
I didn't play hard to get. If you were under the impression that I did, it meant that I wasn't interested.
 flaghorse
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:34:32 AM
I have never tried online dating and it makes me nervous. I have talked to a few guys, but when it comes to meeting I get cold feet and opt to talk some more at which point they figure I am NOT serious and vanish. I have used the honest aproach (always) and told them exactly what I just said here. This form of dating makes me feel very vunerable for some reason.
 JGirlSD
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:00:50 AM
You are pretty...I don't get many emails.

But..I agree Gaile79...it isn't personal and both sides need to look at it that way.
 OutMind
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:32:11 AM
I have over 200 messages in my inbox right now and I just can't go through all of them or look at all those profiles.

Every single woman I have gone out with, said the above statement (give or take an extra 100 messages). So why did they answer my message. Was I better looking? Had a better profile? Showed that I had tons of money? Boats? Cars? Great apps? Nope.

It was different.
 Debisusanne
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/25/2013 7:40:07 AM
I have no interest in complete strangers..

IF you message me.. your goal should be to try to GET me interested... and online interaction NEVER does it for me..

So,... I must be so hard to get.. that i never date.. :)) :))
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 8:06:26 AM
It can be a screening tactic, and may even be unconscious. A man who isn't creative and persistent isn't that interested, but of course real interest can only be determined once you've actually met.
 ladywyatt
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:29:11 AM
So OP...my interpretation of your post is that since we are online dating means something is wrong with us and we are apparently so desperate that we should just throw ourselves at any man who contacts us??

This attitude is just too funny.....

vvvvv...thank you for clarifying that openhorizons...LOL
 femaleconnection
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:38:28 AM
I think most men think ladies play hard to get, when in reality they just lost interest.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 9:44:38 AM
The younger women that play hard to get and explicitly make profiles so they can show their friends and laugh at the responses of men are not worth your time. In other words, I wouldn't lose sleep if I can't date a woman with a such a maturity level.

Most women have a hard time grasping this but from a guys point of view (as it has been pointed out already in this thread) it is a numbers game.
 blakjak82
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 11:53:16 AM
you have no interest in complete strangers.. yet your on a online dating site... what do people be thinking?
 blakjak82
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 11:55:14 AM
doesn't mean that at all!!! its a question.... and a observation my belief is if you start out playing a game thats what it will always be.
 africaunite
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:27:09 PM
Ok brother let me help you,

First, change your profile pic and some of the content on it. A picture goes a long way. Dark shades at night, kinda of creeps out some potential ass.

Second, change your approach. It's a game that why we love it. In every game, there are objectives, targets, goals and etc... Categorize each target based on their descriptions and begin your attack with each calibrated approaches.

Third, getting 1 out 50 or so to start off is a good number in the online game. 1 out of 10 is really impossible unless president Obama.

Fourth, Do not get your hopes up or have any expectations, that will just ruin you emotionally, go into it like nemo, full of adventure and dangers. Most important, have fun with it.

Very Respectfully,
The Coach
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:55:02 PM
Honey, men do the same thing....seriously? I send out messages all the time and only hear back from half of them, and right away they start talking sex talk, wanting to meet ASAP (not following my rules of chatting on line first etc) not even bothering to ask me any questions etc.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 23
why do women play hard to get in online dating? it's a reason you're on here!
Posted: 2/25/2013 1:58:46 PM
They're not playing hard to get. They just don't want to get got by you.
 wonderland013
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/25/2013 2:35:31 PM
OP its exactly that, most are just so aloof its not they play hard to get they just plain lose interest in most men very fast. its a battle to begin with.
 blakjak82
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2013 4:25:17 PM
africaunite thanks for the heads up.. i was trying to be nice but since its all a game its on!!! please believe me i go hard! but i was being nice.

and to everyone I'm not speaking about the women i message I'm speaking on the women that message me!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do women play hard to get in online dating? its a reason your on here!