Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Folks and their lists.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 2
Folks and their lists.Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Meanwhile, some men have a much simpler list - with one item on it: Is she breathing?
 Consensuality
Msg: 4
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 12:45:20 PM
Making a list of things that are wrong with OP's post. Check back back in 8 hours for details.
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 5
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 12:48:29 PM
Boys, the modern reality is that seeking a mate IS like a job interview. You men need to be dressed well, & have all the right answers to our questions. Otherwise us girls will just move on to the next applicant. This is the reality of online dating where so many men are available & falling over each other just to get a simple coffee date with a woman (and the man had better pay for my coffee if they want to be considered).

If you pass the job interview, there will be a probation period, and regularly scheduled performance reviews as the relationship progresses. Get used to it. Poor performance will be dealt with by a verbal warning first time, written warning second time, & a third incident will bring my brother & his buddies over to kick your sorry ass out of the house. Welcome to the real world. Don't be a wimp. Be a man, & deal with it... like a man, not a boy.
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 6
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 1:35:25 PM
What "quality" men?? I don't see any. And women don't have to work at it just as much as men, lol. If they do, they're in a relationship with an abusive man, & like to be dominated & used. You guys crack me up.

I used the job analogy for a reason, but you men obviously have problems with authority figures, & most likely move from job to job because of these personal issues. The woman is like your "boss" in a job. You do what she says. You are there to serve her. In return you get laid & have your meals made, & get to show her off to your stupid male friends. Get it?

Protesting against that is like insubordination, or at the very least, unmanly whining. Suck it up. Be a real man.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 8
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 2:43:24 PM
I think everybody has a list. The question is really how long your list is and is it too strict. I myself , after 3 divorces , have a few musts. Speak English, have no stay at home kids and earn close to my income (can you tell I'm divorced?)

Of course, any woman I naively think is good enough to marry will probably be smart enough to not want to be my 4th wife...

Damn contradictions....what I'm looking for ain't looking for me:-)
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 10
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 9:42:41 PM
Lol. Males will put on a brave front, like some of the boys who have posted above, but when it comes down to the crunch, these same guys don't have the balls to stand up to a strong woman who knows what she wants and won't settle for less. These boys crumble under pressure and soon cling on to the apron strings.

Some call it being "p*ssy-whipped", but I don't agree with that term. Many of these guys aren't even getting p*ssy on a regular basis. They simply let themselves be dominated because they know their place, and they know the frightening (for men) odds of the dating game, as evidenced by this site. It's men who are always posting those countless new theads stating "why am I getting no replies?", lol. Meanwhile us women are inundated with messages, and can afford to be choosy.

So by all means, continue with your whiny posts. It lets us women know who to weed out right away. These guys who are whining in the above posts haven't progressed past their boyhood years, when they whined about their mom or dad and all the chores they had to do and all the house rules, bedtime, homework, etc... Grow up! And grow a pair of balls while you're at it too! Ha ha!
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 11
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 10:12:58 PM
Vox populi posts smells funny... I bet its a guy who is trying to make women look bad.
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 12
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 10:27:38 PM
Vox populi posts smells funny... I bet its a guy who is trying to make women look bad.

Lol, typical response from a male who feels threatened. When he encounters a strong woman, he calls her a "guy".
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 14
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 10:48:35 PM
^^^^^^ Ha ha ha!! So says the 42 year old guy whose profile states he is looking for a long term relationship, yet also says he's not willing to support anyone or their kids, and wants things on an equal basis. Ha hah ha! No wonder you're 42, still never married, and never had kids. You're still acting like a teenager. Another dysfunctional male who is afraid of women.
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 16
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/27/2013 11:54:38 PM
^^^^^Sorry to disappoint you, but I never engage in a battle of wits with a man who's unarmed.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 18
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/28/2013 8:03:41 AM
Vox I think you need to get back on your meds... You give bad name to all the other Bit**es out there. Even they roll there eyes at you.. No I'm not going to arguee with you which is what you are trying to do with your posts. You are always going to win. The thing is you are going to drag everyone down to the stupid level and beat them over the head with your stupid remarks. I'm sure you good at it as thats where you spend your time at. Stupid is as stupid does and I bet both shoes and socks fit you well..I'm out on this one..
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/28/2013 11:02:05 AM
To me it sounds like a wonderful first meet as you won't have to waste any more of your time with her. There are two great first meets, the ones you can wait to see again, and the ones you never want to see again. It's the ones in between that are the most troublesome for us. It's a shame you could not eliminate her before the meet but you did come away with the next best option.
TMF
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 20
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 2/28/2013 11:10:18 AM
Re: #23 -
... So says the 42 year old guy whose profile states he is looking for a long term relationship, yet also says he's not willing to support anyone or their kids, and wants things on an equal basis. Ha hah ha! No wonder you're 42, still never married, and never had kids....
So? Why should it be a "boyfriend's" responsibility to raise the children of another man? The law says the father, not the BF should pay for supporting his children.

Supporting the woman is the BF's choice, and here, he may have made a bad choice. However, maybe he has been scammed before.

I do agree with this: In a truly equal relationship, BOTH participants pay (roughly) equally. However, is this suggesting that men and women are not equal? They are for most things. Womyns' liberation fought for equality, and now that you all have it, are you saying you don't want it?
 fiery_blonde
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/19/2013 8:01:28 PM
I have a list for the man I want to marry:

1) Good paying job
2) Caucasian
3)Attractive

Pretty simple, eh?

And I have to say something about men pays/woman pays garbage. I'm a woman, and my role is to make the home, cook, raise children, be a housewife. The man is supposed to provide/bring home the bacon. I don't give a shit how old fashioned I sound. It's been that way for 5,000 years, and all of the sudden, just because of Gloria Steinem and the 1960s, we're supposed to change it all? I can't stand feminists and all this equality bullshit. My role as a woman is just as important as your role as a man, but I have no desire to be a man or do a man's job.
 fiery_blonde
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/19/2013 8:19:20 PM
I didn't say that my man had to make a ton of money. But he needs to make enough to support both of us, so we can possibly have a family. I'm not sending my kids to a daycare center to raise them. It's not a meal ticket if I'm cleaning the house, doing the laundry, ironing, cooking, working out to look good for him, shopping, fixing the house, providing the intimacy/fantasy/sexual fun and budgeting the household finances.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:05:00 PM
^^^^You better be having some kids toot sweet.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 28
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/19/2013 10:25:46 PM
Hey blonde you are 42 already you better put your sights down and meet someone who want to marry you ASAP. you are not getting any younger.. How much money do you really need the guy to make to make you feel like you have a good life lol ..
You see you come across as the perfect gold digger.. Yes I'm sure you don't think of your self like that but thats what the guys would think. No matter how you reason it to your self. That you are right and all, You talk like a gold digger.. If sex if a job for you I would have rather never have sex with you ever.
Trust me everything you say you would do at home, Most men like me can do it just as good as you can. Cook clean pay bills with the money I earned.. So all you offer is sex that you look at as a chore... Great I'm many sure men would jump at it if told them that....
Now exactly what do you offer besides other gold diggers that are 10 years younger then you.. You do understand that guys who are willing to pay want the best there money can buy..
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 29
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/20/2013 11:15:31 AM
Re: #30 and #33 - Why do both of you demand that he have a job instead of merely income? Yes, there is a difference. Is it because you want to make certain he's out of the house at certain times so you may cheat on him? There are ways of having an income without having a job. It's called investing.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/20/2013 11:43:04 AM
providing the intimacy/fantasy/sexual fun

Oh gee, you sound like its a chore. Don't do me any favors. Most women I've dated seemed to enjoy sex quite a bit.

^^^ he can get that from a hooker for a lot less, probably the same emotion
 fiery_blonde
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/20/2013 9:49:28 PM
What difference is it what age I am? How narrow minded! I have a newsflash for you. I've seen women in there 50s that are more attractive than these 20 somethings. Do you serious think that a guy in his 40s is going to be able to relate to some 25 year old? Get serious! Please -- is that all you have? You need to learn your place as a man and that is being the provider. You are the one who goes out and builds the business. It's not our job as women. It is your job. If you don't like it, cut your****off.

It has nothing to do with gold digging as much as it has to do with men and women are different. We have our roles and men have there's. It's been done that way for 5,000 years. Learn something. Sex is not a job for me. Where did I say that? You totally twist my words, because you have nothing intelligent to say.

Most women can do your job as good as you can if not better. But that isn't the POINT. Of course, most guys can cook for themselves. But, we are the ones that are supposed to do it not the men. And if it's about "getting the best money can buy" as you put it in such materialistic, simplistic terms, I don't want a guy that feels he has to "buy" me. I want someone I can love who will love me back. I love have you talk smack on a woman's appearance and age as if that's the only thing we have going for us. I guess personality and having fun doesn't come into it for an idiot like you.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/21/2013 6:53:48 AM

How charming, It's so hard to believe you're still single.

It's a damn shame too because whoever that is a picture of is pretty cute and seems to have a few very nice qualities that I'm sure could make a good number of guys quite happy. Just picture her with a wonderfully pleasant, friendly outgoing personality, she would have her pick of quality guys...
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 33
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/21/2013 8:49:06 AM
Fiery Blonde, you really are too old to have babies - not being mean, just realistic. Unless of course you would consider using donor eggs or adopting.

So since you and your future husband most likely won't be having kids, what will you do all day at home? Go to Starbucks, go to the gym, go to the grocery store, meet friends for lunch, come home and prepare dinner? With just two people living in the house, one doesn't need to stay at home all day to maintain the household. Your husband will be at work interacting with female coworkers and will undoubtedly find some of them intellectually stimulating and how can he not have more respect for them, than for you - when your biggest achievement that day was doing two loads of laundry and making a good home-cooked meal?
 JS3344
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/21/2013 8:54:06 AM
Just picture her with her head cut off, she would have her pick of quality guys...
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 35
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/21/2013 10:41:54 AM
Quoted from #43 -
You need to learn your place as a man and that is being the provider. You are the one who goes out and builds the business. It's not our job as women. It is your job.

Re: #45 -
Ugh...that's about the most abhorrent and embarrassing thing I've ever heard uttered by a woman.
By a woman, yes. By a P U S S Y, no! "You didn't build that. Someone else made it happen!" Sound similar and familiar, especially from her perspective as a woman? "(She) didn't build that. (Her husband) made it happen!"
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 36
Folks and their lists.
Posted: 3/21/2013 10:50:01 AM
Wrote a post on here twice and both times i lost it...... Not going to write again...
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Folks and their lists.