Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Girl taking my number question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gsmith72
Msg: 1
Girl taking my number questionPage 1 of 1    
I asked a girl out on a date in my class and before I could even ask for her number, she handed me her phone and told me to put my number in it, so I did. But she never called me.

She seems a bit shy, and so am I, but once we get a good topic to talk about, its not bad and we are constantly flirting. Should I try to get her number the next time I see her or should I just back off and not worry about it?
 Vox_Populi
Msg: 2
Girl taking my number question
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:26:54 PM
I'm going to reveal to you one of the secrets of life: 99% of women will never phone you first, even though they've taken your number and you don't have theirs. If you want contact by phone, ger her nmber.
 RyanohRyan
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:33:06 PM
You should have texted yourself with her phone.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:37:06 PM
A couple of thoughts.

#1 - It sure shut you up doing it this way so if she wasn't interested, she dealt with that pretty slickly.
#2 - I wonder what she listed the number under and if she would have a clue who that entry related to later on.
#3 - If she does this often, her phone might be full of names and numbers and she'll have no clue who any of you are.
#4 - Girls rarely phone guys unless he's made one heck of an impression, especially young girls. They don't have to.
#5 - She might be genuinely shy.

You have no way of knowing which applies to this girl. I don't think there's any harm in asking her for her number next time you see her but don't press it.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:41:59 PM
Either that or enter your name, number, town, nickname, and then CALL yourself from her phone. ;-) LOL.
 The_Curvy_Doll
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:41:59 PM
Yes you should ask for her number and yes you should call her. When she offered her number she was probably expecting you to give yours as well and took you not offering it as you not being interested.
 brinaalina
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2013 8:55:50 PM
Well I don't understand why you didn't get her number.
Did she just tell you to give her yours to be polite?
I don't know how many times I've received a person's number and as soon as I put it in my phone, I deleted it because I wasn't interested. Yes, it's wrong but sometimes it's easier/better than explaining why I'm NOT interested and risk getting ****ed at.

So yes, back off and on to the next.
 gotaenfuego
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/28/2013 9:17:09 PM
Dude. You say she flirts constantly. Just ask for her number. What's the worst that could happen?
 LyamB
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2013 8:36:58 AM
I think if you meet up for a second time, there's obviously 'something' there.
 _Phoenician
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/1/2013 10:11:54 AM
if you're in the same class, don't you see her often?
 gsmith72
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/1/2013 1:41:39 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. I'll ask her for her number when I see her Monday when our class meets again. And no I don't see her often, since our class only meets once a week on Mondays, but it was cancelled this week.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2013 6:33:29 PM
You tell her that you changed phone numbers then you do what the others have advised. Then you text her to make the contact stick.
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/1/2013 6:45:51 PM

asked a girl out on a date in my class and before I could even ask for her number, she handed me her phone and told me to put my number in it, so I did. But she never called me.

Some women play games and will give you the number in order to get you out of their face...

Next time: Figure out her interest by ASKING for her number..if she pulled that crap as above..then she must not want you to call...

Going forward: GET HER NUMBER..CALL HER.. ..no answer or call back? move on..flirting in class is nothing..women love attention and wouldn't mind being seen with some dude all over her to give her some points.. AVOID doing this.. CALL HER for a date and SECURE ONE..save the FLIRTING for then... if she doesn't return your call..move on..
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Girl taking my number question