Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Ultra match feature      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bottleguy
Msg: 2
Ultra match featurePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I really like the ultra match feature. It narrows down the thousands of profiles in your search range to the ones that closest fit what you want. In fact, every local woman that I have had interest in is on my Ultra match. Meet Me is useless. Most people on that thing just click yes or no based on the photo and don't bother to look at the profiles. As a matter of fact, where I live in rural West Virginia, most of the meet me people are hundreds of miles away! It's a waste of time. But I do like the ultra match.
 brinaalina
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Ultra match feature
Posted: 3/1/2013 11:07:16 PM
I have never heard of this feature lol. I did not know it existed.
So no, I've never used, or needed to use, this feature to meet.
What does it do? Just narrow things down to more specific prospects?
I'm gonna see if I can find it....

That is really funny that your ex is listed as a great match, haha. I wonder if you're on his too? That'd be something.
 bottleguy
Msg: 7
Ultra match feature
Posted: 3/2/2013 6:32:40 AM
Where I live there are so few people on POF that my match and ultra match are COMPLETELY different. There are smokers on my match list and I specifically won't date smokers. The girl I have been talking to for awhile is in the top ten on my ultra match list, and if I was honest and eliminated women with children, she would probably be #1.
 c_deacon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Ultra match feature
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:35:32 AM
Never used it.....do not know if it has any validity or not, and quite frankly.......do not worry about it at all!!

I am into what is.....is, and that happens no matter where you are, or what you do, just as long as you keep doing it!!

cd
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 12
Ultra match feature
Posted: 3/3/2013 7:41:43 AM
It's a joke, not much better than meet me. On my list of ultra matches is a lady with a completely blank profile, just happens to live close by. Definitely not a match at all. And, when you remove people from the list, it changes those that were on the list and adds more to the freakin' list. Not much of an algorithm.
 Pisces22469
Msg: 14
Ultra match feature
Posted: 4/14/2013 4:17:42 PM
It looks like POF removed the Ultra Match & the Forums from my POF views this week for some reason. I'm not sure why they made the change.
Maybe they changed it to a "upgrade" feature.
 spot4username
Msg: 15
Ultra match feature
Posted: 4/14/2013 4:42:27 PM
Well let's see. The very first one on my list is separated, has a username with 69 in it, has a 3 sentence profile that includes his email address. No thank you. Second guy is an ultra conservative christian man looking for a christian woman. He also can't spell basic words or form a proper sentence. Another no thank you. Third guy is another separated guy so another no thank you. Fourth guy is quite overweight, does not drink, looking for a christian and has one of the most negative profiles I have ever read. I stopped there. I would say for me at least the ultra matches are ultra garbage.
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 16
Ultra match feature
Posted: 4/14/2013 5:35:58 PM
I no longer have "Ultra Match" pof removed it this week. It also removed the forums from being linked to my dating side although I can access it separately.
 meetme28269
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Ultra match feature
Posted: 4/20/2013 10:46:08 AM
Ultra match is just another screening tool. Click on my matches and ultra match is on that page. The forums can be reached as per an earlier poster said. Look at events and there is a place to click on all forums. Both features are still with us. POF has done this before,not sure if it is an oversight but the forums disappeared for months at one point unless you looked for it.
 Somesingleguy1974
Msg: 23
Ultra match feature
Posted: 6/14/2013 8:15:10 PM
This is just my theory on how ultra match works. First stipulation is that no matter how high a match two people might be. This will never guarantee that she/he will respond to your message.

Now from what I can tell the ultra match feature is based on the answers that you give in some of the questionnaires that this site has. Based on the answers that you give the system will compare those answers to the answers of others and give a list of what it feels would be your best matches.

In a way this is similar to the match/friend/enemy based on questions that is on OKC. That based on the answers you give to questions on that site and the answers that others give it will tell you how much a match percentage wise you are.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Ultra match feature