Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Im new to this      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Indira46
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Im new to thisPage 1 of 1    
Its terrible.

Are we supposed to be dating your jersey or your friends.
I don't even know which one you are.

You only have one useable line. "I like nerdy..."

Delete the rest.

Read the profile writing tips up top.

Start over.

Come back here for help.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Im new to this
Posted: 3/1/2013 9:18:41 PM
You have a lot group photos. In fact I don't think you have any by yourself do you? I like the new pic you put up. Can you crop out the girl and bring your pic in closer. Photobucket has editing features you can do both of those quickly.

Your profile seems to be fine. You come across as a very easy going guy who has a lot of great qualities.
 Iceburg03
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Im new to this
Posted: 3/2/2013 7:47:46 AM
Hey Bro...we are around the same age so i'll give a few tips.

I do agree with the previous comments about the groups photos, limit them to one or two. I see are into group activities with friends, but people don't want to see more of your friends than they see of you. I find that the key to photos is variety...showing only pics with other people, or above the shoulders, or with a shirt off may make people think you are trying to hide something.

From your profile you seem like a go with the flow, easy going type person, and one that doesn't get easily get upset or angry...that's a good thing to keep in there. There are a lot of controlling and insecure guys out there, so by contrasting yourself women will notice.

I would suggest putting something in the first date box. At age 27, women are going to be expecting for a guy who can take the lead when it comes to taking them out, be decisive, and confident (very important). If dating is new to you or you aren't sure talk to some female friends to get ideas and find something you like.

As for the messages that are cut short, or women that stop responding this can be for a variety of reasons. Many women on pof get bombarded by messages from guys on here, they may forget yours, meet someone they like better, or just give the silent treatment in stead of just saying "I'm no longer interested." Yes it can be very confusing, not getting answers but just wash, rinse, and repeat. As a guy you are able to message who ever you want and as many women as you want that match you interests. Women usually want to wait and 'be found' so you have the upper edge although it might not feel that way all the time.

Good luck.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Im new to this
Posted: 3/2/2013 9:23:24 AM
If you're not the type of guy that sits around, doing what's requested to have success, you will not be the guy who has success on a dating site. Simple like that.
 gcdeb
Msg: 16
Im new to this
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:17:48 PM

from a lot of women's profiles I've read they do not like men who post pictures of them without their shirts on

this i agree with. but for some reason the only pics I have are from when I'm on vacation for some reason
Regardless of the fact that women overwhelmingly don't like the shirtless pics, they are in direct violation of the site image rules. No shirtless pics allowed. And you have 5 of them.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Im new to this