Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > How bad am I?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Green_MK2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How bad am I?Page 1 of 1    
Alors franco ou anglo? lol

It is really true you don't look your age! I think main pic is cool tho.

Not sure how I feel about bilingual about me... I tend to appreciate the effort but it does make the text appear twice as long which is sadly often enough to get a 'Next'

You can workaround the 'bad-boy' complex with women by being yourself and making yourself be a turn-on... you cannot workaround a lack of confidence.
The text really shows a lot of that.

Remove all negativism and apologetic statements. Don't waste too much attention time explaining stuff. Be careful of spelling/syntax, that applies in both official languages.

The musical interest part of it reads too much like a list, tell a story.
Tell us a bit about the woman you are looking for.

PM me if you need a wingman ;)
Good Luck.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
How bad am I?
Posted: 3/2/2013 3:06:40 PM
There is nothing wrong with a french profile if you're aiming for a franco audience.
I find it reduces visibility. Used to have a bilingual text also, but since it's already kinda long it was overwhelming, so prolly no one bothered to read.

Basically, your online profile has to be 100% right ( Or more like 0% wrong.) if you want anything at all to happen.
You have to show the very best, while staying honest and being yourself.
I guess it does require some work.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 5
How bad am I?
Posted: 3/2/2013 3:21:44 PM
Your profile is horrible. Too obtuse for women to "get". It needs a more down to earth approach. I think you think you're being clever but it is not coming off that way at all. Change the title, makes you sound desperate and needy. Also, women like ambition not the simple goal in life of "learning". Learning without application is for cowards.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 6
How bad am I?
Posted: 3/2/2013 3:23:55 PM
START OVER. Your profile is a marketing tool that sells YOU, targeting the specific women you want to meet.

Your opening sentence sounds defeatist: "I am not new to online dating sites, I thought it dropped out the idea of finding love, but the idea of being alone is very discouraging. So I'll go with a new approach, let others find me."

Your profile should include:

1. Who are you? What makes you interesting and unique? What can you bring to a relationship?
2. Describe activities you enjoy, especially things you can do together as a couple.
3. What are you looking for in a relationship?

Write in short paragraphs for readability. Your photos all look the same.

You need all new photos taken outdoors with a real camera for better lighting, showing you SMILING and doing activities you enjoy. You need a: 1) Head-and-shoulders photo, showing you smiling and looking at the camera. A genuine smile is inviting and appealing. 2) Full body pic, again smiling and taken outdoors, fully clothed of course.

Absolutely NO sunglasses, caps, alcohol guzzling, tongue sticking out, stupid poses, wannabe gang signs, fuzzy pictures, fish, guns, dead animals, bathroom/cell phone pictures or group shots. You must be in every picture.

You can read my profile for ideas. Good luck!
 Hogtownboy
Msg: 7
How bad am I?
Posted: 3/2/2013 4:17:40 PM
You say you want a long term relationship. You are 41 with no children and no interest in them. Most women on here are single mothers. N'c'est pas.
Also your picture has a guy hold a big glass of wine. It is big RED Flag that you maybe a alcoholic.

Change the pic and explain in your profile if her kids could be in the future
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > How bad am I?