Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review: Attracting the wrong girls      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Green_MK2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile review: Attracting the wrong girlsPage 1 of 1    
It's not necessary to downtalk any type of women. We understood at the first sentence, the rest does sound superficial.

The 'right' girls will rarely send messages, if they do it's really to the top layer of awesome dudes, the rest of the common folk have to message them first, hoping to get a reply.

If you really need to put a sign in bold fonts to fend off one liner messages, wow, you must really be in high demand. Otherwise, totally useless.
 ouija2013
Msg: 5
Profile review: Attracting the wrong girls
Posted: 3/4/2013 11:39:09 AM
Beauty ( unlike height) is in the eye of the beholder.
 brinaalina
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:01:20 AM
99% of the men that message me are NOT what I am even in the least bit attracted to.
Women aren't going to message you. YOU have to message them.
That's just how this works. Yes, we get almost a hundred messages a day, but I read them all. If I'm attracted to you, I WILL reply, but I've probably only sent out...maybe 6 or 7 initial messages since I got this profile.

So, yeah, the people that are going to message you are, likely, NOT what you are into.
So you actually have to put in the work, my friend. Sorry lol.
See someone you like? Message her. Honestly, there's nothing to lose.
 LathaMath
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/5/2013 11:44:14 AM
Profile looks good. Try the advanced search feature to narrow in on women who's profiles you'd like to see then scan the pages of main photos 'till you see something you like and send a message, maybe asking to make a portrait photo or similar to get them to look at your profile and maybe reply. Good luck.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/5/2013 12:29:48 PM
It is annoying when guys say, 'I am not superficial, BUT' Seriously? If you want a certain type of women, state it. And when you state it don't apologize for it. It is frustrating to message people who seem fun and friendly ans ' open minded' but who are just hiding their true feelings. Be up front about who you are, and you will attract someone who likes that and fits your description. And ditto on putting in the work. You have to man up and message the women who you like.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:16:52 AM
You could do what I saw one guy do. His title was : " No fatties, uglies, or oldies need apply"
I'm pretty sure he didn't have to worry about attracting the "wrong girls".
That aside you can set your parameters when it comes to education, just like you can for age, distance, etc.
 You go first
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/9/2013 8:58:20 AM
If good, clean teeth are an issue for you, replace your email restrictions (which are kinda silly) with No Smokers. Unless you are truly being swamped with incoming messages, they're a waste of time. Non-Smokers would at least be halfway to having decent teeth and wouldn't smell as much as smokers do.

You can't tell from a profile what someone's hygiene is going to be. You will have to wait and meet them in person. How do you know your cologne or aftershave isn't offensive to the girls you meet? Again, the point of the profile is to generate interest to get you to the point of a face-to-face meeting. From there? Up to you.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review: Attracting the wrong girls