Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would I be a horrible person?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hearton64
Msg: 4
Would I be a horrible person?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Sounds like you've tried to be nice....Block him and don't look back.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Would I be a horrible person?
Posted: 3/5/2013 7:38:07 AM
Be honest. Tell him you find his behaviour overwhelming and suffocating, that you do not feel you are suited to each other's personalities, and that you don't want to communicate with him any more.

If he replies anything other than a polite "OK thanks for letting me know good luck" then block him.
 cmc0526
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:03:55 AM
Sounds like a stalker. Run the opposite direction and fast.
 brinaalina
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:15:49 AM
I don't ever give my number to ANYONE I meet online until I actually meet them in person.
I've had SO many times where I gave my number out and ended up not liking them and they wouldn't leave me alone.
Facebook, yeah I might give you that, because you can always delete someone from there.

Delete him from FB, OBVIOUSLY. You already know you need to do that.
He's getting reeeaaally desperate and creepy.
And I've never blocked anyone on here before, or had the need to (they all got the hint eventually, thank goodness lol), but I wouldn't hesitate if someone was acting like this guy is.
It's not a mean thing to do.
He's bugging you, bordering on harassing. Block. Next :)
 moon_breeze
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:23:47 AM
It's never horrible to decide to stop talking to someone. You asked him to cool it and he didn't. The next guy probably will barely ever contact you. I seem to never find a happy medium lol.
 gogogo66
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:32:31 AM
Block him,unless you like the attention.
You haven't met yet his constant in facebook and don't reply to his texts.
Easy,theres better guys out there,i think!
 c_deacon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:41:56 AM
This has the makings of an insecure, lonely man that could turn into a stalker if you are not careful!!

Send him an email giving him the option to contact you there and there only, and then block him on your phone and facebook. This way, you are slowly guiding him to where you want him to be, and not cutting him off totally until you are ready.

Many of us have gone through this, and it continues to amaze me how quickly people hand out the keys to their life by giving others access to their cell phone, home phone, social sites like facebook and myspace, etc., and not think it through when the possibility is there that the one they do not know, wants to force themselves into your life and how you live it. I would suggest that consider buying a cheap dating cell phone that needs no contract, does not do the internet, and can be used just to call or text, and can be left at home as needed. This way, if he has your number, it is that number, and texting or calling will not interfere with your professional and personal life, and you only turn that phone on when you care to.

I am careful who has my phone numbers, and who can reach me or not, and since I am not one to text all the time, along with my phone being a tool of communications, and not a necessity, which allows me the options to accept, decline, block, or just turn that damn thing off, if bothered!!

cd
 Green_MK2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 1:16:31 PM
Block him. Hopefully he'll learn from the experience, or come on the forums to **** about you...
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/5/2013 6:46:52 PM
noooo, just start texting him 10 times more than he texts you. See what happens.
 JadeGirl31
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/5/2013 8:33:43 PM
You've already told him that you didn't think you'd be compatible because of your different views. He hasn't stopped, block him. Don't feel bad, you've stated your case, he continues to disrespect and ignore your request. So...block and move on :D
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/6/2013 3:47:57 AM

i dont have a license so that means i dont have a car,, well i had to drive her car and her home

Yes you are a horrible person for putting your own, hers, other innocent motorists and their familys' lives at risk by illegally driving a motor vehicle.
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/6/2013 8:53:49 PM
OMG! Block him! At the very least he's clingy and at the worse, he's a stalker. And don't answer his texts, either. Thank god it hadn't gotten to the point where he knows your address.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would I be a horrible person?