Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > DECLINE button from inbox/messaging.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Green_MK2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
DECLINE button from inbox/messaging.Page 1 of 1    
I just think that could resolve the issue about never getting replies and waiting for them, an issue that is often raised in the forums.
A simple, sefl or pre-written, declination email, one click to peace of mind for both sender and receiver, along with a optional 'block' checkbox, to avoid further interaction from those that can't take no for an answer.

Just a thought.
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 2
DECLINE button from inbox/messaging.
Posted: 3/5/2013 3:50:57 PM
^^^^ LoL !!! No, apparently it isn't, for many.....

OP, if you get no response, then that's that, there IS no mystery. She is not interested. Why would getting your inbox cluttered with "I decline to speak with you" msgs be any better??????? I'd rather have responses awaiting me of a more positive nature.....

As for block, it's already there as an option.
 vestaceres
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/5/2013 5:01:51 PM
Why would you want dozens of DECLINES in your inbox, anyway? And, no, if I don't want to respond to somebody verbally using my own fingers to type out word for word that I decline your attention, why would I have it done for me automatically and have to explain myself in the process? As it were, you can already block somebody from sending you repeat messages.
 gcdeb
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/5/2013 6:21:01 PM
Just send your message, then delete it from the Sent Mailbox. That way you don't stress yourself out checking if it's been read or read/deleted.

Then if you get a response in a timely manner - Excellent!

If not, well you weren't waiting around anyway right?
 Green_MK2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:45:56 PM
I wasn't talking about me, yeah, I can take a hint...
But around the forum it seems to be one of the greatest grief guys are having.

I suppose a decline button would only make them grieve about only receiving declination emails,
but worth a try.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > DECLINE button from inbox/messaging.