Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fishing4Marlin
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
So I've been doing the online thing for about 6 months now. I've gone out with several women and talked to quite a few. The odd thing I've been finding out though is all the really attractive women that I'm talking to are 40-44. I'm 38. The attractive women under 39 generally don't seem to have any interest in me, at least not online...

When I'm out with friends the girls I meet are attractive and in their 20's and 30's I'm usually told I look more early to mid 30's than late 30's but.. who knows.

Just wondering what everyone elses experiences has been do you find it easier to date women who are a bit older than you? Women are you all kinda searching out guys a bit younger than you?
 ClassyT81
Msg: 2
Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:53:37 PM
Since I was in my early 20's, women who have shown interest in me have almost always been older, whether in the field or online. That may have a little to do with the fact that I am usually taken to be much older than I am (32). I've always had a bit of a mature streak and have been told that I have an aura of refinement and sober-mindedness noticeably absent in many guys my age and younger. Probably not surprising that I've found women older than myself much easier to talk to and date, and generally still do.
 tnt144
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/5/2013 9:56:43 PM
There are more men than women online, particularly in the younger age groups.
 bottleguy
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/6/2013 6:46:30 AM
For some reason only girls under 18 and women over 50 find me attractive. Or fat girls. Lots and lots of fat girls.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:40:51 AM
^^^this. I get much the same thing. Except the age bracket is a bit different.
Posted: 3/7/2013 3:45:58 AM

Lots and lots of fat girls.

^^^^^^^^
Says the *fit* guys.......

How do these things always get on the subject *fat girls*by men that are not fit?

I attract all ages on and off line within reason.

I put age restrictions up online.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/7/2013 6:11:00 AM
Peppermint - perhaps I unfairly piled on but to the same extent it seems the norm of online contacts I get are from women who weigh more than me, and I am 260 (and losing since I quit competitive powerlifting). A bit disconcerting.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/7/2013 12:54:36 PM
Just like men blow right past your preferences, it's not that simple. Used to have that qualifier and I got the snot beat out of me by "you're superficial, you just want a Barbie, etc." types. So, it's a lose-lose idea. I generally just politely respond that I am not interested and leave weight out of it.
 bottleguy
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/7/2013 1:09:15 PM
Well, my definition of fat is a little different. To me fat is over 200 pounds for a female. I'm not small myself, but I run 2 miles a day, so mine is a thin layer of fat over muscle. When I say I get the fat girls, I mean the really really fat girls.
 OutMind
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:07:50 PM
Very interesting notion.

Online I tend to attract anywhere from 5 years older to 12 years younger. In real life I tend to attract much younger. But it's more work and I never had the patience.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/7/2013 2:57:05 PM
I think that anyone is going to be more attractive offline than online. I don't know why the younger aren't showing interest online because no one knows why online just doesn't work as well. The only thing that I can guess is that the younger women are getting more messages from men than the older women and so they are constantly busy online whereas if you were out in public they won't have twenty guys approaching them or handing them notes with an email address on it. Less competition for everyone when it comes to offline. So the next question is are older women approachable offline, probably not because they are more likely not to go anywhere by themselves. They go with their kids, their boyfriend, husband, or another woman. Young women might be with other young women with a clear purpose of meeting men.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 5:46:35 PM
Hey Casey just say NO to the cougars. You young good looking dudes in your 30s (you trolling...lol) needs to goes after the the 20s & 30s and leave the 40s & 50s for us guyz. Don't make me chase a 30 year old around...
 rgvmale
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:35:46 PM
You don't look that old, like people have said early 30's to mid 30's depending on your dress style, plus you pull off the bald look. Women generally tend to date older, if you go to match (where it actually shows age pref. for everyone) a lot of them are willing to go older more than they are wiling to go younger, just the way it is I guess.
I find it easier to date younger women for the simple fact that there is less likely hood of them having kids, but then you sometimes deal with maturity issues, hmm us late 20's/early 30's crowd can't catch a break lol.
Ladyberd your not overweight O.o :) lol, I don't think he was talking about someone like you.
 FussyBritches
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:29:24 AM
I don't necessarily search out younger guys to date whether online or offline but most of my messages here tend to come from guys in their early twenties. Offliine I think I attract guys more around my age.

I think the younger men here think that older women are less likely to "play games" with them... but I think that quallity can ultimately be found in a person of any age unfortunately.

Uhm good luck not finding a "fat fat girl"... although if I were you, I'd keep my options open because fat can be lost and you never know what great personality you might find underneath :o) Good luck!
 vera2u
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/9/2013 1:48:38 AM
Generally,the friends i met online are young boys,under 25y,i am 26 now, i like man older than me , a mature one, just confused,not so many mature men into me,maybe i am immature?
 Archangel_07
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:38:47 PM
I have attracted younger women and mature women as well and I like both.
 abmccray
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2013 5:50:14 AM

For some reason only girls under 18 and women over 50 find me attractive. Or fat girls. Lots and lots of fat girls.

Overweight women (as a whole) get contacted the same amount as an average man, and therefore, approach online dating like an average man. Ignoring profile text, sending angry letters when rejected, etc. Fit, younger women don't do much contacting, unless they're extremely attracted to the profile, because they're getting constant contacts. That's why.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/11/2013 11:45:39 AM
I'm just wondering how that Christian value system fits In with name calling.

"Fat girls " is derogatory. First of all they aren't girls anyway, as everyone here is supposed to be over 18. Secondly, they may be overweight. Fat is a laden word, especially coming from someone who evidences a nice little stomach (muscle doesn't cause that, but fat around organs does).

I wonder if Jesus would have called them fat girls.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/11/2013 12:21:05 PM
To this point:

"Uhm good luck not finding a "fat fat girl"... although if I were you, I'd keep my options open because fat can be lost and you never know what great personality you might find underneath :o) Good luck!"

Would you accept a man on the same premise?

I thought not.....
 slowitalldown
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/11/2013 12:37:19 PM
How do you know what she accepts?

By the way, women are natural less muscular and more 'padded' than men. Childbirth tends to pack on a few pounds, this is natural for women. Not saying that obesity is natural, just that women who look like women and not young girls, are usually not going to be stick thin.
 bottleguy
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/12/2013 6:33:51 AM
I'm just wondering how that Christian value system fits In with name calling.

"Fat girls " is derogatory. First of all they aren't girls anyway, as everyone here is supposed to be over 18. Secondly, they may be overweight. Fat is a laden word, especially coming from someone who evidences a nice little stomach (muscle doesn't cause that, but fat around organs does).

I wonder if Jesus would have called them fat girls.

In response, I basically meant I don't drink or smoke or take drugs and almost never have sex. I also don't believe in God so I don't care what Jesus would think. I don't believe in political correctness and I am blunt and don't care to hurt people's feelings. I will say what I think. Yes I know I am big, 6'4 280, but I am extremely athletic. I ran a marathon in 2003 in just over 2 hours at only ten pounds less than I am now. I know I'm not that attractive and I really don't have a good personality either. The fact is that we are online because nobody else out there wants us. We are all the bottom dwellers. If I was at all desirable I wouldn't be here right now, I am guessing neither would you. A cow is a cow no matter how nicely you put it, and I'm not gonna sugar coat it now matter how much you think I should. Get over it.
 liftnw8z2
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/12/2013 7:05:58 AM
I've really had to measure my response here.

I think, while name calling is passé and not necessary, the bigger offense to me and many other men is the double standard when it comes to weight and insults over same. They slap that BBW label on to make themselves feel better about not working out, not eating right, laying around on the couch, etc., then rail on me for not looking like Brad Pitt and I am a fat lazy **stard (yes, been called this). Hard to swallow when I do more in a day than they do in a month.

Ultimately that isn't the topic though...
 steaktastegreat
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/12/2013 7:08:56 PM
I am enjoying the juvenile behavior and name calling in here. It makes me feel at home.

Fat is fat, and pregnancy will predispose women to hold more weight, but at the end of the day, it is a cop out. Obesity is a problem in the states, so lets just call a spade a spade here. If you are fat, just say you are fat and accept. I hate excuses.

For the record, my profile states that I do not date large women, and I still get messaged by them.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I get hit on by high schoolers and college age women a lot. I hardly ever get hit on by women my own age. That is ok though, because I have the emotional intelligence of a 15 year old.
 Ryuoki
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/12/2013 8:02:40 PM
I agree with steak's comment on the pregnancy issue. I have been a stay at home dad before and I know what goes on day to day in the house. It is not that stressful to claim you cannot find the time to get some exercise. I personally did not really gain weight till a spinal injury took my legs from me. Now that I am back to working out once more, the fat is reducing but my weight is rising. I just attribute this to increased blood flow back to previously relaxed muscle.

I do not hear back from hardly anyone period. Maybe I am the fat person contacting these women. 5'10" (ish maybe 11") 220lbs, does this make me less attractive to younger women? I would get replies from older women, and if I really did not want at least 1 more child I could settle for what I could get. But because of my legacy desire I prefer someone who themselves are willing to have another down the road. It is the primary reason I prefer younger.... But only older are interested in me (or lets just say barren).

But offline I have much more working for me in my charisma department. I can get more from younger women in person than here any day of the week.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/12/2013 9:08:57 PM
It is one thing to say I am fat, or I have more fat on my body than I would prefer. It's another thing to label an entire group as 'fat girls', and I am sorry if you don't get the distinction.

I don't have a problem with my body, nor do the guys I have dated/married. I don't put down people based on their bodies, but I will put them down based on a general lack of empathy for others.

Women DO have more fat as part of their healthy bodies. There is a reason for this, and it is harder for women to lose weight than for men, as a GENERAL rule. Unfortunately our society has become obsessed with prepubescent girls as a standard for female beauty.

It is NOT healthy for anyone to be obese, but the fact of the matter is women do gain weight with pregnancy, and it is not always easy to take off. Not saying that anyone should be anything or do anything or be attracted to that which they are not. But there is no need to put anyone down based on their bodies.

edit to add:

I'm not the one complaining about a lack of dates, here or offline. And there are many people of quality who go online to date. At least so I have found.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Guys, do you find you attract younger women out than online?