Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ze flirt option      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Green_MK2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Ze flirt optionPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
It's something I'm not familiar with, men don't have that option.

So what does it mean when a woman do that?

I have received a couple flirts over the months, but if answer them I don't get any more replies.
Maybe I come off too strong? Or maybe the user flirted on first impression, found the main pic attractive but didn't read the profile, but when she does, all bets are off ?

I consider that as a halfassed first move, but then again, always happy to receive whatever attention, feels like a lonely place at times...
 Zuglo65
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:17:02 AM
I wouldn't pay any attention to that..It is a half assed move.
Much like that "Meet me" feature where someone wants to meet, than won't respond back.
 spot4username
Msg: 3
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:31:17 AM
It's not something I would ever use. I'm quite shy but I would still send an actual message to a man if I wanted to contact him.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:44:33 AM
Well, I do if I find the profile interesting, and she's not 7 hours away from me ( This happens a lot.), I consider this as an incentive to send a proper message because I'm not starting from zero this time ( But from, I guess, 0.5 lol)

I was just wondering what's the mental process associated with that. Trying to get attention all around? Maybe interested but too shy? Don't know what to write? Drunk browsing?
I can see a lot of reasons.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:09:44 AM
I don't have any actual exemple as I empty my sent mssg box often.

I would normally thank them for the interest, and propose to take it on me to start an actual conversation.
Then do the usual (Something about)(mentionned interest x)(Ends with a question mark.).(Something about me)( pertaining interst x)
Optional (Something about)(mentionned interest y)(Ends with a question mark.).(Something about me)( pertaining interest y)
(Funny uplifting note)(pertaining something we have in common or that strikes me in the context.)

All the best,
(Sign)

Or something like that, I have tried other options in the past tho, to no avail mostly.

>> The flirt option is the equivalent of being in 3rd grade and a girl punches you in the arm. It means she likes you and you should throw a worm at her. <<

LOL
Yeah I would normally punch them back then run away. Kind of awkward with girls as a kid.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:30:38 AM
Thanks!
I heard mostly negative inputs about that, feels good to get some positives.
You're probably right, but then if that little bit can counterbalance the rest of the text and make me come off as a player.. wow it really doesn't take much!
I actually felt the text made me sound TOO nice and maybe not sexuated enough. I mean, women like sex as much as we do, no?
Think replacing it with "attractive" would do the trick?
 brinaalina
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 12:47:22 PM
It's so stupid.
I never reply to that option, even though it does come in as a 'message'

If you want to message me, actually MESSAGE me.
I've never used it, never will.

I wouldn't think too much about it. I never answer them, because there is not really a point.
If the person really wanted to talk to you, they would have sent a real message.
Don't worry about it :)
 Green_MK2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 1:08:30 PM
Maybe she gets them on another site.
Or she's really a dude.

Just kidding.

It's easy to say that, coming from the hot girl who, says she, gets hundreds of messages daily, but I'm just the 'slightly unconventional dude', who receives one every other month ( On good months.) lol
Ignoring is what you do most of the timed you're on here.
I wouldn't want to miss on any action, if it seems to be worth it. ( By action I mean possible dates, not sexual encounter, just so we don't get sidetracked again...)
 brinaalina
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:19:33 PM
I have it set that I'm 'looking' for women, silly :)

Actually interested in both, but pof does not allow that yet, unfortunately.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:25:07 PM
Great idea! Just ignore the women who have actually expressed an interest in you. Quite frankly, I'd be surprised if guys who give advice like this have ever actually been on a date.

The expected nasty comment from you.
At least you are persistent ..

I take no notice to that option. Writing a message is always better.

Yes. Imagine that, a grown women shows interest as an adult women should.

It's not something I would ever use. I'm quite shy but I would still send an actual message to a man if I wanted to contact him.

Well said.
If she is too shy to write a message how would the face to face meet would go?
I'll pass on these women.
 Green_MK2
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Ze flirt option
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:56:43 PM
Yeah I mention sexyness as an adjective, not an action.
It is an adjective, which is not necessarily the same as beautiful or attractive.
Most women can have it, it is a matter of attitude mostly, so also non-discriminatory.
I think I'll keep it for now, it IS the right ford for what I'm expressing.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ze flirt option