Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > this is hard work, any advice please?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 2
view profile
History
this is hard work, any advice please?Page 1 of 1    
2 things people of pof don't accept , lying about your age, and pictures with children in them,
so regardless of whether you look your age should change it, and take off kid picture
 Green_MK2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
this is hard work, any advice please?
Posted: 3/8/2013 1:10:31 PM
Grow a beard, that should take care of your age problem.

You can't be geeky in a sexy way unless you're a chick.
 gcdeb
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/8/2013 1:15:02 PM
Are you saying you lied about your age just because no-one believes your real age?

Go to the Main page of the Profile Review forum. Pinned near the top, in green letters, is "Profile Writing Tips". Read it. Then click into the forum and read some of the other profile reviews. Lots of great advice is given every day.

Then delete your current profile and start again. Leave out all of the negativity. Say what you want, not what you don't want. Remove the photo of your/the child.

Hi, I'm Paul.
Thanks for stopping by.
Ok a bit about me:
Unnecessary. Remove. Save your first name for your first message.

You may be asking yourself why I am single,
Why would anyone ask themselves that? This site (and others) is full of attractive people who are single. You are not unique in that sense and it makes you sound quite vain.

well I guess I've just been unlucky in love and on here isn't much better as i'm not taken seriously. Maybe as i'm really 37 but no one believes me so what can you do?
You can tell the truth that's what you can do. This is negative and depressing and blames others for your lies/failings.

Lots of attention seeking woman on here which won't work, you have to give and take for a relationship to go somewhere, so no divas please!
Says the man who is 11 years younger than he lists himself as. We all understand that you have done this so you appear in searches made by younger women. Women who would choose not to date you if you had you real age set in your settings. That is EXTREMELY manipulative.

a genuine guy
Lying about your age does not equal "genuine".

I have a Foundation Degree in Forensics so if your not clueless then give me something to work with.
Is this meant to be a pun? A funny comment? It doesn't make sense to me and to honest, talking about forensics and clues is a little creepy to me.

Hopefully you give and not just take!
Negative and judgemental and doesn't have any context.

If you are going to self-label as intelligent, you need to show it. Capital "I"s where they should be, "you're" not "your" etc.
 Indira46
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 3:02:51 PM
Correct your LIE about your age STAT.

Nobody likes a liar.
 ouija2013
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/8/2013 4:48:47 PM
Paul.. I believe you are 37. I bet even older. Thanks for dropping by and playing
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > this is hard work, any advice please?