Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > With all the whining about men hold most CEO positions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 1
With all the whining about men hold most CEO positionsPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
What's your say about this?

http://www.warrenfarrell.com/labor_day_art.htm

Sorry to be so blunt but while we have women/feminists sitting in their comfy aircon, safe environments, in their office ghettos, filing their clean precious nails while whining about glass ceilings, equal pay, and how victimised they are. They totally ignore the other side of the story. The life threatening hardships men go through for all of us to survive.

If there aren't as many female CEOs, are people open minded enough to realise it's because on a general basis, women with children choose lifestyle/family choices over career? As explained in studies verified from the US department of labor?

Therefore, not as many women are willing to do many of these jobs as explained in the article, not because they can't, because they don't want to, which resorts to the same outcome?
 nipoleon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
With all the whining about men hold most CEO positions
Posted: 3/13/2013 1:51:29 AM

The life threatening hardships men go through for all of us to survive.

Exactly what are those life threatening hardships CEO's go through ?

Judging by the amount of whining they do about it, you'd think billionaires were the most victimized people in the country.
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/13/2013 4:00:19 AM
OP your post is so seriously lacking in intelligent thought that it doesn't even warrant a response. Still, I felt compelled to provide one.

You have a valid discussion topic. Unfortunately the way you have presented your opinion leaves you with no credibility.

I call troll.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/13/2013 5:18:46 AM
Sorry to be so blunt but while we have women/feminists sitting in their comfy aircon, safe environments, in their office ghettos, filing their clean precious nails while whining about glass ceilings, equal pay, and how victimised they are.

This is not what the author of the article said...this is your misogynistic viewpoint of what was written.

This is a more balanced take on what Farrell had to say:

Some of Farrell's findings in Why Men Earn More, such as his analysis of census bureau data that never-married women without children earn 13% more than their male counterparts; or that the gender pay gap is largely about married men with children who earn more due to their assuming more workplace obligations, led to Farrell receiving criticism by some feminists who challenged that the pay gap is more about gender discrimination.

Themes woven throughout Why Men Earn More are the importance of assessing trade-offs; that "the road to high pay is a toll road;" the "Pay Paradox" (that "pay is about the power we forfeit to get the power of pay"); and, since men earn more, and women have more balanced lives, that men have more to learn from women than women do from men

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Farrell

Apparently, Mr Farrell has more to say about a phenomenon that he feels he has discovered: A “Glass Floor”…that place where the more dangerous jobs exist and thus higher paying jobs, yet, a place where women rarely work.

To a degree there is some rational from Mr Farrell’s writings that make a degree of sense…He explains away the glass ceiling and glass cellar well, but ignores that some of this exists as a form of prejudice against women in the workplace that has yet to be overcome.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:15:23 AM
glass cellar my ass. pull up your pants and stay in school you lazy bums, then maybe you too will grow up to be a CEO one day instead of becoming cannon fodder or getting mangled to death in a construction accident while contemplating the value of your GED.

oh boo hoo, the sacrifices you darlings must make (*sigh*)..... did you actually understand the article or were you just looking for your next opportunity to vent about women filing their precious nails on company time? because what he said has nothing to do with whatever you're sneering about. in a nutshell, what the author is actually saying is "that men have more to learn from women than women do from men".

"the road to high pay is a toll road;"

that's true, and it has almost nothing to do with gender in the discriminatory manner that angry feminists would have us believe.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My last CEO was forced into 'early retirement' due to being a wife beater...but the REAL 'joke' is this POS gets to sit on his @$$ at home

i don't think you understand. CEOs have contracts. that means whenever they leave before regular retirement, the company is legally obligated to provide them with certain forms of compensation for a fixed period of time per the terms of the contract. they aren't actually paying him to sit at home on his ass BECAUSE he's a wife beater; they are paying him because they're obliged to do so.

wife-beating versus employment contracts.... two ENTIRELY separate issues. but maybe they should have made wife-beating some kind of a contingency clause. i'll have to work that into the next ceo contract i write, just to see how it flies.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/13/2013 7:58:33 AM
If women are paid less for the same work, then any smart company would hire only women.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:06:49 AM

Are you talking about military service here of dangerous jobs requiring hard physical labour?

I can't say too many CEO are doing anything life threatening in thier every day workplace unless thier employees are ready to string them up for what they might see as thier misguided attemt at leadership.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:08:17 AM

If women are paid less for the same work, then any smart company would hire only women.

Unless, they had prejudices or pre-concieved notions about women in the workplace...
 sassybaby2013
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/13/2013 9:22:56 AM
As a working woman since age 16, I can attest to discrimination based on sex. I wish . I had the same opportunity as my male. coworkers. For ecample one company I worked for hired a male with less eperience and education for a management position from outside of the company
 matchlight
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2013 10:25:27 AM

Unless, they had prejudices or pre-concieved notions about women in the workplace...

No unless about it. You changed the premise, which was that women are paid less for the same work. If the work a woman did and the work a man did were completely indistinguishable, and yet the woman was willing to do that same work for a much lower wage, it's obvious that any rational employer would employ the woman, pocket the savings, and think it was manna from heaven. If any employer were crazy enough to let his prejudices against women cost his company so much free profit, he would soon be driven out of business by his competitors.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/13/2013 10:36:59 AM
No unless about it. You changed the premise, which was that women are paid less for the same work. If the work a woman did and the work a man did were completely indistinguishable, and yet the woman was willing to do that same work for a much lower wage, it's obvious that any rational employer would employ the woman, pocket the savings, and think it was manna from heaven. If any employer were crazy enough to let his prejudices against women cost his company so much free profit, he would soon be driven out of business by his competitors.

Well, there you have it ... there is no prejudice or wage discrimination towards women or race in the workplace...clearly women aren't equal to the superior intelligence or physical skills of men...and therefore, are incapable of performing the same work as well as a man...this is why women lag behind in their level of earnings when compared to men...that and they have babies....please note the deep sigh of sarcasm.

AAUW's newest research report, Graduating to a Pay Gap, shows that a year after graduation from college, women are being paid only 82 percent of what their male colleagues are being paid - even though women are attending college at higher rates than men, graduating in greater numbers, and earning higher grades. The report also shows how the gender pay gap affects the student loan debt burden for women college graduates.

Using data from an Education Department survey of about 15,000 college graduates via Web or telephone surveys, the researchers focused on those who graduated during the 2007-08 school year and studied what they earned in 2009. The women made only 82 percent of what the men made, with women making an average of $35,296 while men made an average of $42,918. While some of the gap could be explained by factors such as career choice, when all variables were considered a 7 per cent gap remained.

http://www.pay-equity.org/

Celje
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/13/2013 5:38:55 PM
I have no research to back my claim about women, but an average Journeymen after their first year certified should earn $90/100g/year, and there are just as many women that i've noticed getting into specific trades; they earn just as much as the boyz...if not more (they work harder, drink and party less).
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:32:05 AM
Some people are missing my point.

My point is that we have plenty of women, especially feminists, and gullible men, whine about how most CEO positions are filled by men and blame the male gender for it. But they leave out the fact that most of the lowest paying and dangerous jobs that risk your health are done by men. Most of the highest positions in society may be held by men but most of the lowest paying and the most crap jobs anyone can ever have are also held by men.

All this comes down to is that there are less women compared to men who want to either be CEOs or to do the most crappy jobs.

I am tired of people blaming men for the choices women are making. I am tired of men/patriarchy being used as a scapegoat for this situation.

Is this more clear for you?

It's disturbing how some people squeal the "misogyny card" just for simply having an opinion that I am so rightfully entitled to have. There is nothing sexist at all about my opinion on this. If feminists aren't sexist and are entitled to have their opinions on blaming men for everything, that means me as a male is not sexist for disagreeing with the feminist beliefs.

The misogyny card is just usually used as a "show stopper" in the attempt to silence anyone disagreeing with views that blame and demonise men.

I am not saying all men are innocent, I am not saying there aren't men out there who may discriminate against women in these ways. But it's utterly sexist to generalise men and make out that it's the reason why most or all women don't become CEOs or be able to work the tough dangerous jobs.

It's sexist to generalise women.

It's racist to generalise blacks.

So why isn't it sexist to generalise men and blame men by accusing a large percentage of the male population of being evil oppressors to women, stopping them from being in these positions?
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:37:17 AM
In regards of the pay gap myth, this is worth looking at.

Wage Gap Myth Exposed -- By Feminists
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html

An Analysis of Reasons for the Disparity in Wages Between Men and Women

http://www.consad.com/content/reports/Gender%20Wage%20Gap%20Final%20Report.pdf
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2013 5:48:47 AM
My point is that we have plenty of women, especially feminists, and gullible men, whine about how most CEO positions are filled by men and blame the male gender for it. But they leave out the fact that most of the lowest paying and dangerous jobs that risk your health are done by men.

Feminists and gullible men also have opinions that they're entitled to have. So what are you complaining about really, somebody disagreed and sees things differently than you do?? ------->

It's disturbing how some people squeal the "misogyny card" just for simply having an opinion that I am so rightfully entitled to have.

So what you're saying, then, is that you have an opinion about somebody else's opinion, and that disturbs you. Your own opinion disturbs you. Alrighty.

If feminists aren't sexist and are entitled to have their opinions on blaming men for everything, that means me as a male is not sexist for disagreeing with the feminist beliefs.

How do you know feminists aren't sexist?? How do we know a male isn't sexist for disagreeing with feminists???

But it's utterly sexist to generalise men and make out that it's the reason why most or all women don't become CEOs or be able to work the tough dangerous jobs.

What the thinker thinks, the prover proves.

It's sexist to generalise women.
It's racist to generalise blacks.

It is???

That's pretty amazing. I thought it was sexist to be sexist and racist to be racist, but I never imagined that generalizing women and blacks actually proved I hated anybody for something they can't control. I guess if I'm a black woman and I start generalizing, I'm in real trouble huh??? Before you know it I will be shouting IRON MY SHIRT BITCHES and burning a cross in my own front yard.

So why isn't it sexist to generalise men and blame men by accusing a large percentage of the male population of being evil oppressors to women, stopping them from being in these positions?

This statement is so general and presumptuous as to obviate any answer that isn't equally as general and presumptuous. ---->

"Nobody is stopping black people from sitting in the front of the bus. How come there aren't more black women CEOs???"

[BTW, pay disparities between men and women do not prove discrimination. So at least the articles you posted are entirely on point.]
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:05:45 AM

Feminists and gullible men also have opinions that they're entitled to have. So what are you complaining about really, somebody disagreed and sees things differently than you do??

They certainly are entitled, did I say they weren't? My problem is that some people think that no one is entitled to disagree with feminist inspired myths or no one is entitled to stand up for men's rights.

You will see examples of this like here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jckfL4LdBtQ

So what you're saying, then, is that you have an opinion about somebody else's opinion, and that disturbs you. Your own opinion disturbs you. Alrighty.

You must have serious comprehension problems. Please indicate where I express that my own opinions disturb me?

How do you know feminists aren't sexist?? How do we know a male isn't sexist for disagreeing with feminists???

By what they say mostly. The problem I see is that in most cases, a male is prejudged of being sexist just for having an opposing opinion on a claim of women being victims. He's guilty until proven innocent. Some people actually think a male is not entitled or worthy enough to disagree with a pro female/feminist opinion.

That's pretty amazing. I thought it was sexist to be sexist and racist to be racist, but I never imagined that generalizing women and blacks actually proved I hated anybody for something they can't control.

Rightio, so using your logic, I guess I'm not racist then if I was to say that most blacks are criminals. Or I'm not sexist to say most women are gold diggers.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:20:29 AM
My point is that we have plenty of women, especially feminists, and gullible men, whine about how most CEO positions are filled by men and blame the male gender for it. But they leave out the fact that most of the lowest paying and dangerous jobs that risk your health are done by men. Most of the highest positions in society may be held by men but most of the lowest paying and the most crap jobs anyone can ever have are also held by men.

If, that is what you meant to say, it is not what you’ve said in your opening post:

Sorry to be so blunt but while we have women/feminists sitting in their comfy aircon, safe environments, in their office ghettos, filing their clean precious nails while whining about glass ceilings, equal pay, and how victimised they are. They totally ignore the other side of the story. The life threatening hardships men go through for all of us to survive.

If there aren't as many female CEOs, are people open minded enough to realise it's because on a general basis, women with children choose lifestyle/family choices over career? As explained in studies verified from the US department of labor?

Quite frankly, it appeared that your opening post was a misogynistic rant about women and how CEO’s went thru life threating hardships for all of us to survive.

In regards of the pay gap myth, this is worth looking at.

Ok let’s look at the conclusions of one report you’ve cited:

As a result, it has not been possible to develop reliable estimates of the total percentage of the raw gender wage gap for which all of the factors that have been separately found to contribute to the gap collectively account.

So, the report says it’s not possible to find reliable data to quantitatively determine the difference in gender wage gap….and further goes on to say in conclusion that:

As a result, it is not possible now, and doubtless will never be possible, to determine reliably whether any portion of the observed gender wage gap is not attributable to factors that compensate women and men differently on socially acceptable bases, and hence can confidently be attributed to overt discrimination against women. In addition, at a practical level, the complex combination of factors that collectively determine the wages paid to different individuals makes the formulation of policy that will reliably redress any overt discrimination that does exist a task that is, at least, daunting and, more likely, unachievable.

I’ve read this article which attempts to explain away the wage gender gap…all things considered it does not explain away the 7% adjusted wage gap...nor does it address why there are only 3.6% women fortune 500 CEO's
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html

Just as racial discrimination has been greatly reduced, so has wage gender discrimination…yet, to say it has been eliminated is a falsehood.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:43:51 AM

If, that is what you meant to say, it is not what you’ve said in your opening post:

Yes it is. Think carefully and read again. It's not my problem if you have trouble comprehending something that is so clear.

Quite frankly, it appeared that your opening post was a misogynistic rant about women and how CEO’s went thru life threatening hardships for all of us to survive.

Firstly, I never said CEOs have life threatening hardships. You are putting words in my mouth. What I mean is that for all the dangerous jobs in the world that someone has to do for all of us to survive in society is mostly done by men. We don't hear the feminists demanding equal numbers for that. I wonder why? hahaha. But anyway, there's little to no appreciation for all what men have done for society, instead, men get bashed about how evil we are to women in the workplace.

Secondly, people like you seem to make up what the word misogynist means as you go along. Please explain in logical detail how what I say is misogynistic?

Please stop misusing the world misogynist. This is why I don't take the word "misogynist" seriously no more because its so damn misused by people. You are using this against me simply because I criticise others for their opinions I disagree with. There is nothing at all sexist about that.

In your faulty logic, it seems that any male is a misogynist just because they don't have an opinion that's favourable to women. It seems in your books, my opinion has to be gynocentric or else it's misogyny. It's such an irrational mentality that so many people have. Political correctness is a joke these days.

yet, to say it has been eliminated is a falsehood.

Yet, to say that most male employers are evil discriminators is a falsehood. It must be the biggest coincidence in the whole world how most male employers decided "hey lets discriminate women"...do you think male employers have secret meetings about this and discuss what ways they can discriminate women?

Can you see how ridiculous this wage gap myth is?

What a coincidence ay? What next? Most male employers also happen to be sheep f@ckers? In all seriousness, it's just as ridiculous as saying most male employers are evil discriminators. Wow what a huge coincidence lol. So huge that it's laughable to believe it.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2013 6:55:36 AM

Therefore, not as many women are willing to do many of these jobs as explained in the article, not because they can't, because they don't want to, which resorts to the same outcome?

Firstly, I never said CEOs have life threatening hardships.

Please read your opening post...it mentions nothing about the glass cellar other than pointing us to leave this site to read an article….yet “your” words are about entitled women who, while filing their nails, complain about glass ceilings…and further goes on to talk about, and explain with brevity, why there are low numbers of women CEO’s

You are using this against me simply because I criticise others for their opinions I disagree with

It is not your disagreement that there is no gender wage discrimination that causes me to use the word misogynist...it is this statement:

Sorry to be so blunt but while we have women/feminists sitting in their comfy aircon, safe environments, in their office ghettos, filing their clean precious nails while whining about glass ceilings, equal pay, and how victimised they are.

yet, to say it has been eliminated is a falsehood.
Yet, to say that most male employers are evil discriminators is a falsehood

Where's the word most, many, all????It's not there...just so were clear...here's my statement in its' entirety again:

Just as racial discrimination has been greatly reduced, so has wage gender discrimination…yet, to say it has been eliminated is a falsehood.

enigoM
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/14/2013 7:07:02 AM
You make a lot of blanket statements with out offering any proof..prove that someone is discriminated against because of their gender or race by a Corporations Human resources department today...
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/14/2013 7:11:53 AM

Please read your opening post...it mentions nothing about the glass cellar other than pointing us to leave this site to read an article.

Oh I am so so so sorry that I didn't use the exact words "glass cellar". But I did talk about the glass cellar, I just didn't mention the phrase. How bad of me to not use the phrase. I am so sorry that you have trouble understanding something that is as clear as day.

It seems to me that you are reaching at the bottom of the barrel to look for things to discredit me. Things that just exist in your own imagination.

It is not your disagreement that there is no gender wage discrimination that causes me to use the word misogynist...it is this statement:

So again, please explain in logical detail how it's misogynistic? Where in that paragraph does it indicate that I hate the female gender?

You see, you are misusing the word "misogynist". Just because I criticise women who complain about men being privileged, it makes no sense to deem this as misogyny. I can't see any logical reasoning how it's misogyny/sexism to simply criticise others for making claims against my gender.

If I made claims against the female gender and expressed how they are privileged and get more than men, would it be logical to label a woman a misandrist for disagreeing with me and for her to point out that men don't have it so bad after all?

Why are so many people blind to this double standard?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/14/2013 7:29:53 AM

Where in that paragraph does it indicate that I hate the female gender?

Right here:

Just because I criticise women who complain about men being privileged

If, this was your original statement then the appearance of hatred of women would be absent…but, you had to go and show them to be entitled nail filing complainers…I know you don’t see the difference…that’s sad…because you apparently aren’t the only one who feels this way.

would it be logical to label a woman a misandrist for disagreeing with me and for her to point out that men don't have it so bad after all?

If simple disagreement was the definition of misogynist or misandrist then you would be correct…the real test is in how you chose your words…when one uses demeaning words to describe another there is an implied feeling of hatred. ..ergo…misandrist or misogynist when speaking about gender.

Why are so many people blind to this double standard?

Here’s a lesson…try using words that are not demeaning nor hateful…you still can be accused of something, but at least you’ll have the higher moral ground to stand on.
 gcdeb
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/14/2013 7:33:31 AM
while we have women/feminists sitting in their comfy aircon, safe environments, in their office ghettos, filing their clean precious nails while whining about glass ceilings, equal pay, and how victimised they are.
=misogyny.

Why do you say women/feminists? Not all women are feminists. Not all successful women have jobs that are in air conditioned offices. Not all women 'file their precious nails'.Why do you say women have 'office ghettos'? Would you describe a man's office as such?

BTW, the definition of 'feminist' is someone who believes in equality between men and women. Any logical person would agree with that definition yet you use the word as if it is an insult.

Almost all of your arguments and statements in this thread simply serve to display your immaturity and inability to held a cohesive and rational debate.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/14/2013 7:42:10 AM
bigbadnirish

Again, you didn't prove at all that what I said is misogynistic. All you did is create a strawman. All your stance is based on is personal assumption, not fact. Just because you deem it misogyny, that doesn't make it misogyny.

I think it's laughable how you imply it's "misogynistic" for me to just simply mention they are entitled nail filing complainers. It makes absolutely no sense. Do you actually know what misogynist means? I think it's time to think carefully about the meaning of words.

You are a perfect example of what I complain about when people totally misuse the word misogynist. It makes them appear clueless on what the word actually means and what it actually is.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:02:42 AM

Why do you say women/feminists? Not all women are feminists. Not all successful women have jobs that are in air conditioned offices. Not all women 'file their precious nails'.Why do you say women have 'office ghettos'? Would you describe a man's office as such?

Where did I say all women are feminists? Where did I say all women have jobs in aircon offices? Where did I say all women file their precious nails? (by the way, that part was meant to be used with snark)

What I am pointing out is that there are women who have it way easier in the workplace in comfy safe environments compared to what many men get and then whinge about men having everything better in the employment world.

A few female friends have told me that office environments that they've worked in with full of women, these types of conversations come up on an occasional basis. Especially the self proclaimed feminists love to talk about this.

BTW, the definition of 'feminist' is someone who believes in equality between men and women. Any logical person would agree with that definition yet you use the word as if it is an insult.

Firstly, not every feminist thinks in the same wave lengths. Secondly, just because the dictionary meaning says this is what a feminist is, it doesn't mean their actions are going to be exactly that.

Do a google search with these keywords "what about teh menz" and add the word feminism in the same search. Be aware that I made the typing error "teh" in purpose as it's partly to do with the sarcasm.

"what about teh menz" is a very popular phrase in the feminist movement. What it basically really means is that male problems don't matter or male problems are trivial, therefore, they shouldn't care about any injustice or unfairness men go through.

So when talking about that feminists believe in equality between men and women, for a lot of feminists, this is completely false. Equality means EQUAL CONSIDERATION towards men's issues compared to women's. Can you show me any examples where feminists have protested and fought for male issues?

When I've been in feminist forums and mentioned male issues, 9 times out of 10, I get the "what about teh menz" type of attitude added with insults and the "you poor privileged white male" type of talk.

This type of attitude definitely doesn't suit the dictionary meaning of a feminist that people like to claim.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > With all the whining about men hold most CEO positions