Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Profiles still up but in a relationship??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lookn4date
Msg: 1
Profiles still up but in a relationship??Page 1 of 1    
I was wondering why so many women (and men too I am sure, although I don't peruse their profiles) keep their profiles up, are active weekly, if not daily, yet are in a relationship or seeing someone when you email them, (of course could be just a nice way of saying no thanks.) Way I see it, if you are in a relationship then why are you still looking?? If you don't want to converse with someone, just tell them no thanks. It is much better to just be honest then not answer or give a "I'm seeing someone" but are still active on the site, makes me wonder what the other party would think of that??
Any thoughts on this??
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Profiles still up but in a relationship??
Posted: 3/17/2013 1:56:33 PM
I was in a multi-year committed relationship while still here on POF.
Enjoying the Forums was fun...and I made it VERY clear that I was not looking, not single, and not dating at that time.
Heck, there are people who meet, date, get married, and still enjoy chatting about relationships on POF Forums!
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/17/2013 2:06:44 PM
I only date one man at a time. Right now I am getting to know a wonderful man. I want to see how this relationship develops.

Is this a committed relationship? No. But I want to respect this new relationship by focusing on him.
 Imagineour
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/17/2013 4:20:30 PM
I don't know I mean it could be a number of reasons for doing it. I think they could be keeping options open or they simple don't bother deleting and either leave it alone or like I said keep options open.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/17/2013 5:19:31 PM
From my profile, the Headline/Intent/Marital Status/For/About Me/First Date and something from my Interests list, make it very clear I'm in a relationship. My boyfriend and I are here for the Forums. LOL Now if I could just find a way to make everyone READ my profile BEFORE they send me a message! Yah, I know, good luck (to me) with that!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:23:08 AM
Well...my sweetie-pie enjoys following my posts in the forums, and no one can by-pass my filters to email me so being contacted by other singles is not a problem.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/18/2013 9:12:18 AM

of course could be just a nice way of saying no thanks

In most cases, that's it.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2013 9:15:55 AM
I am currently in a relationship, and have my profile hidden. I have not bothered to update my profile in any way, so forum posters will see it as single and looking, but I don't really care. When I do get the occasional message now, I politely decline.
 spirited-won
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:04:09 AM
I was with someone like that...kept his actively seeking a relationship on here even after I had moved in with him. His rationale....he files his taxes single therefore, he is single until he's married. Yeah....don't know what I was thinking! Anyway I didn't like it and ONE of the reasons I dumped him. Men or women who do that while in a relationship are just plain selfish and quite frankly deserve to be alone.
 The_Curvy_Doll
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:24:20 AM
Why do you care what response they give you? Do you really feel the need to control the honesty of other people? Whether they say they are dating someone else or not interested in dating you the end result is the same: they don't want to date you. Just accept it and move on.
 irishgirl_72
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/18/2013 4:13:14 PM
I am dating someone now, took my pics down so I dont get messages anymore. I enjoy reading an posting on forums as others do. Being active doesnt mean youre looking.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Profiles still up but in a relationship??