Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > Ugh! Why do men stop contacting you after 5 dates?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 2
Ugh! Why do men stop contacting you after 5 dates?Page 1 of 1    
Not ALL men do this, and many women do it as well. 5 dates does not a "relationship" make, you're still in the process of getting to know the other and determining IF there is enough there to continue moving forward....

But, I DO agree with you that after 5 dates and discussions of spending weekends together, it would be the mature and polite thing to say something, wish the other person well, and leave in goodwill, vs just vanishing. However, it happens....
 Talllkonnly
Msg: 5
Ugh! Why do men stop contacting you after 5 dates?
Posted: 3/18/2013 12:45:24 PM
The question should not be why do guys do this BUT why did the last guy you dated do this. You are lumping all guys the same way and they are not. The guy you dated ONLY 5 times could have several reasons. He was only after sex, got it and left. Maybe that was his goal to begin with, maybe the sex was only good for you and not for him, (no matter what he said at the moment) Maybe the sex was O.K., but decided you are not the person he wants for a LTR. If he just stopped calling, I don't think you lost much. A guy with class would of called you and ended like a man.
 maples01
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Ugh! Why do men stop contacting you after 5 dates?
Posted: 5/2/2013 1:10:52 AM
If I lumped "all" women together due to my observations I'd not be on a dating site PERIOD
What you have just experienced is he either got what he wanted, saw it wasn't going where he wanted, or his wife found out, sorry, I don't see sugar coating it as answering the question. He could be scared and taking time to think it through, but not likely. It could be they are scared of telling that they aren't interested, if you've been watching, some people are crazy, you never know what'll happen when you upset them.
Keep lookin, eventually the right person will come along.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  > Ugh! Why do men stop contacting you after 5 dates?