Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What about honesty? Should we do anything?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CatManDo1959
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What about honesty? Should we do anything?Page 1 of 1    
Do anything...at first I thought you were advocating a system whereby a "scarlet letter" (reference to the Hawthorne novel, if you missed the connection) to be attached to member's profile. Sometimes an intended relationship does end badly, like either side ending it while the other is mentally 'caught in the headlights', and miscommunication and disappointment can lead to vindictive feelings.
As far as height disparities, if your eye questions it, coffee shop, and notice the yardstick at the door. Age, second date if there is one, odd look and say a friend saw 'us' together and we need to settle a bet - could I see your drivers' license? Technically a lie, but no worse than what we tell telemarketers - no 'malintent', no harm, no foul. You could be straightforward but it's awkward. I have been told at work I look younger over the years but I've never used that in a profile; a car may be well waxed but that doesn't roll back the odometer. And, if things work out, the truth will out and then... much credibility lost.
Important things are more easily obscured and more important to honesty. Marital status, smoking or other vices, health issues come to mind offhand.
 Booboola
Msg: 5
What about honesty? Should we do anything?
Posted: 5/21/2013 11:58:17 AM
Oh I don't know how upset anyone should be about stuff like that, you'd have to be pretty naive not to know that guys add a couple inches and gals understate their weight when they write up their profiles.

Because of that expected "fudging" I request no one under 6' even though I would date a shorter guy , and when I post profile pictures of myself they are very recent, what you see is what you get.

I have the opposite problem with age, I request guys who are older than me so I don't know why young guys are messaging me, are they looking for a cougar or something ? I am just a big old pussycat, I don't want a frisky kitten bothering me. I'm not going to spend any time reporting those kittens though, I just swat them back to where they came from, silly things ;)
 Booboola
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/21/2013 12:07:58 PM
...oh except this, THIS I would report, it happend to me, what a figgin nightmare:

If someone says they are divorced but have just recently "sperated" from their spouse.
One time after dating a guy for two years I found out he had a wife in China, when I confronted him he insisted that he was "geographically" seperated. Oh and they had an "agreement". (kicked to the curb).
Another time after a few dates I found out the guy was not divorced, nope, he had just been seperated from his wife for a few days before going out and searching for a new woman to replace his wife. I told him where to find a nanny and housekeeper (yellow pages).
 NtvNtv
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/13/2013 8:59:25 PM
Men an inch taller than you....is still taller than you...and that's what you like : )
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2014 7:41:04 AM
I'm not surprised you are sleepy. Sure is quiet in here lately.
 kalasmontreal
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/22/2016 4:15:18 PM
That's the risk of using this site, there's nothing to do about it
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What about honesty? Should we do anything?