Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > How to Cancel Subscription?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chatton2009
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How to Cancel Subscription?Page 1 of 1    
My membership was extended without my consent. I signed up only for three months and planned to take a break for a while by hiding my profile. But POF abused my trust by charge my credit card for another three months. I was not getting any interesting responses. Now, why is it impossible to contact someone to explain this situation. I am going to dispute this charge of additional three months of membership. This message here and another one I have sent to POF yesterday which I have printed and have copy will be my proof of this sad situation.

I tried for hours to delete the subscription but there is no where on the site to do this. Can the computer guys get back to me on this question please
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 2
How to Cancel Subscription?
Posted: 3/18/2013 8:19:16 PM
Try posting your message in this category

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum88.aspx
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/18/2013 10:50:22 PM
To have an upgraded POF subscription, or to not have an upgraded POF subscription....that is the philosophical question!
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/19/2013 8:44:56 AM

My membership was extended without my consent....But POF abused my trust by charge my credit card for another three months.

No it wasn't. In fact, quite the opposite - you gave them your full consent when taking out that initial membership otherwise you would not have been able to proceed with your subscription. It's an automatic renewal which you agreed to and which, if you did not want, it was on you to opt out of.

When you upgraded and agreed to the Terms of Service, you will have seen within them that at the end of the term, subscriptions are automatically renewed and if you did not want this to happen, you needed to opt out of them

There is a box you clicked on as part of the upgrade process which said "I agree with the terms and understand
that this upgrade is non-refundable. " and the word "terms" provided a link to the Terms of Service here : http://www.pof.com/terms.aspx

Had you read them vs clicking on the check box and just saying you agreed to them, you would have seen :-

Automatic Renewal
Paid Memberships are subscriptions. After your initial subscription commitment period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If you do not wish your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, please log in and go your Account page and opt out of automatic renewal of your purchase. If you opt out of automatic renewal after your purchase, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. You won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. Paid Memberships cannot be transferred to any other account. By subscribing to the Paid Membership, you authorize Plentyoffish to bill the credit card you provided now and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period. You also authorize Plentyoffish to charge you for any sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your subscription payments.

Reaffirmation of Authorization
Your non-termination or continued use of the Paid Memberships reaffirms that Plentyoffish is authorized to charge the credit card information provided. Plentyoffish may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive Plentyoffish’s right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Paid Memberships.

This message here and another one I have sent to POF yesterday which I have printed and have copy will be my proof of this sad situation.

It's not proof of a sad situation other than you not reading what you were signing up for and not following the steps you agreed to take if decided against renewal.

Can the computer guys get back to me on this question please

These are user forums and not a route to contact POF staff unfortunately. The only means to do that is via Customer Support's E-mail Address which you say you have already contacted.
 Proteaus
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/19/2013 3:11:57 PM
Best way is to call your bank and dispute the charge .
 HereComesYourSun
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/17/2015 9:06:19 PM
I'm thinking some of you can't read.
You have to cancel the subscription PRIOR to the exact date it renews. So, go in there now, right now, and cancel it.
Before it renews again.
Consider yourself informed now.
 Huntting_Cougars69
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/19/2015 3:11:10 AM
you don't.. you are hear forever!
 Pacropis1
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/5/2016 1:54:37 PM
please cancel subscription
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2016 2:52:07 PM
Well, OP, I see you still haven't found a way to cancel after 6 years. But then again, you're very pretty for your age, so I can see this being a place to get some singles attention when need be! :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2017 12:56:39 PM

Can any one help to cancel my subscription my renew is on 26/11/2017 thnx

Well, the 26th month of the year -- I think you can't be renewed on a fictional month! ;)
 graniteiam
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2017 1:52:01 PM
please cancel my subscription and refund my money
 dcubas_86
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/1/2017 6:25:35 PM
I need help on canceling my subscription it's not what I expected and they charged me more than they said they were.
 gamingfish2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2018 9:22:49 PM
go to your paypal account and cancelled it from there
 Mewzon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2018 1:39:48 AM
This happened to me just now. I cancelled the autorenewal successfully sevreal months ago (110% sure I did it successfully) and they just recharged my credit card. Am I really going to have to cancel my credit card with my bank just to prevent POF from reactivating on my behalf in the future? And is there really no way of getting back the money that POF has stolen from me ( intentionally or through an error with their mobile app)
 msgorgeous02
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/4/2018 5:23:44 PM
Please cancel my profile, I’m sick and tired of being harassed on your site and you don’t do anything about it!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > How to Cancel Subscription?