Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > every time I'm ready no one seems to come my way.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carisweetpea
Msg: 1
view profile
History
every time I'm ready no one seems to come my way.Page 1 of 1    
When I'm looking for a relationship I can't find one, no one messages me, or messages back. Also when I take a break and just try to have nsa everyone I talk to wants a relationship. I have no clue what to do about this?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
every time I'm ready no one seems to come my way.
Posted: 3/19/2013 9:30:17 PM
If that's the case...play the "opposites" card:
if you are *really* seeking a relationship, just start having meaningless sex.
If you are *really* seeking NSA affairs, attempt to fall hopelessly in love with a guy.
The opposite will occur and you will achieve your true goal. Easy-peasy.
 ksayer1
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2013 6:56:13 AM
If you are currently looking for a LTR change your pic.
The whole school girl sitting in a bed thing looks like an advertisement for a phone sex hotline.
After you are seeing a guy txt him that pic lol!!
 Drawesome32
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/20/2013 4:37:06 PM
Ksayer is giving good advice here OP, I suggest you take it. Men are going o buy whatever it is you're selling. Right now, you're not selling girlfriend, you're selling f buddy.
Posted: 3/20/2013 5:28:22 PM
buy some windex, then use it
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/20/2013 6:55:53 PM
You are 19. Go out and meet people in REAL LIFE. This is a time of growth, learning and exploration to grow into an adult.

If you are in college, meet other students in classes, the library and study groups. If you are working, look into starting college. Make new friends, learn and grow. Have fun!

You need new photos taken outdoors for better lighting, SMILING and looking at the camera. Use a real camera, not a cell phone, for better quality photos. Post a smiling head-and-shoulders photo. Additional photos should show you outdoors, SMILING and doing activities you enjoy.

NO sunglasses, hats, stupid faces, alcohol guzzling, "duck" lips, cleavage shots, sprawled on the bed, wannabe gang signs or group shots.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/20/2013 7:04:49 PM
LiterateHiker, the notion of an 18 y.o. - 24 y.o. frequenting an online dating website has regularly puzzled me, too.
By virtue of the lives in which younger people are immersed, their very existence is a giant singles "mixer" event.
That should probably be my "go to" advice for young people using internet dating....QUIT IT and live in real life! :-)
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/20/2013 10:15:25 PM
When I'm looking for a relationship I can't find one, no one messages me, or messages back. Also when I take a break and just try to have nsa everyone I talk to wants a relationship. I have no clue what to do about this?

You're a 19-year-old girl and you're looking for older men up to age 37---that's one of your incompatibility issues right there. What's wrong with dating men around your own age?

Also, you need to get more flattering photos. The ones you have do nothing for you.
 Della D
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/21/2013 2:29:37 PM
OP, how about making up your mind in terms of what you want and then revamp your profile accordingly, and not only the standard "looking for" answer at the top ?

As others have pointed out, in case you're currently looking for a relationship, lose that profile pic! And use it if you're looking for hook ups.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > every time I'm ready no one seems to come my way.