Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Fella went back to his ex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blondegirl_1111
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Fella went back to his ex Page 1 of 1    
Went out with this guy for over a month and although we both talked about the exs. He seemed really into me and all turned out last week he heading back to his ex which i said look really pretty which she is and I cant lie about that. But strange thing is he wasnt even going to tell me just stopped and then hhe said I'm backing off thats all, when I asked why he said he got back with his ex. This is the same ex whom treated him like shit when he was with her and cant understand at all why he would go back to her after her treating him like that. Is it possible that he was lieing and that he just wanted to get rid of me after all his ex is from and living in another country.
 buterfly41978
Msg: 2
Fella went back to his ex
Posted: 3/22/2013 7:32:14 PM
I think you are beating yourself up over this. Either way for what ever reason he wasn't interested in a relationship with you. I don't think I would spend the time trying to figure it out. Your time is better spent focused on you :)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/22/2013 7:33:22 PM
Another possibility is that they love each other and actually worked through their differences.
 Pete2205
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:04:27 PM
If you want some positives from it:

1. Better he went back to her now then when your three months pregnant with his child

2. If he left her once then he will leave her again - is that the sort of bloke you want anyway.

There is also two sides to a story - His ex might have some storys to tell about him too, I doubt very much that he is Peter perfect.

3. You are now one schmuck less, free to hang with your mates again and keep your eye open for a much nicer chap.

One chalked up to experience for you, a little ride on the learning curve - hang in there girl there a lot more twists and turns in your love life to come :)
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:19:32 PM

This is the same ex whom treated him like shit when he was with her and cant understand at all why he would go back to her after her treating him like that

There are people both men and women who despite thier protests are more comfortable with someone who makes them feel bad ( treats them like shit ) he could be one of those broken people who needed to go back to his dysfunctional comfort zone.... just one of many possible scenario's
Posted: 3/22/2013 8:59:22 PM

Is it possible that he was lieing and that he just wanted to get rid of me

entirely possible, but it's irrelevant now. the most relevant thing here for you is the lesson not to get so attached to a guy you've known for only a few weeks.
 Daytripper0420
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2013 10:14:30 PM
MAYBE he's a doormat...
they could have reconciled or he just used it as an excuse.. either way HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU. (i think more woman need to watch that movie).

Keep Fishing..
Posted: 3/23/2013 3:24:06 AM

It's the devil you know

^^^^^^^^^

My first thought.

Move on.

If you are going to date then I suggest NOT dating those that talk about an ex .
They aren't over them or wouldn't be thinking about them instead of you.
 Tah,
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/23/2013 5:11:53 AM
Prince Charles went back to his ex..
 drewsbu
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/23/2013 10:20:17 AM
Remember, guys have two heads. Sometimes the littler one has more power of control. Haha
 lilui
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/24/2013 1:54:15 PM
This happened to me as well. He told me he was divorced for 8 years, that he was alone. He was the only man I fell in love from this site. He came to see me, a tall spanish man , very very nice looking . He was kind, seemed decent, we started a relationship and it was like heaven. Only once he said something about another woman, that he had had a second relationship and that he gave him trouble, she was temperamental and used to do wrong things and after wanted to say sorry. I never thought much of it, our relationship was wonderful, he said I was his woman, his peace, our relationship was made in heaven, I was his soul mate, we neve fought, he used to say I gave him lots of peace and the sex was out of this world.
One day he disappeared and didnt even bothered to say he had come back to his ex, only closed his phone and it was so difficult to get to him again. In the end he said he came back to her.I nearly died. She treated him badly and he came back to her after all the love and care and cumplicity we had, after plans to travel together. The worst was that some weeks after he emailed me saying he loved both women and still wanted to travel with me. Enough. He never gave back my stuff from his house and lied about me to her, I know because she phoned me many times and we became sort of friends.
 c_deacon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2013 2:18:23 PM
Some times what one does not have, is what they want, and what they do have in not!!

Why beat yourself up over those things that you can not control? Now is the time to hold your head high, show some class and move on, and if he is meant to be, you will get to decide if you want him back or not.......Enjoy the ride, and do not worry about the fall!!cd
 Pete2205
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2013 2:26:26 PM
Tah I think its pretty common knowledge that Charlie and Camilla were never that far apart anyway. Di was the perfect brood mare accepted into the royal family to produce pretty children, provide great PR for the monarchy during a period when the English - I just think it was very well hidden but even Di said during an interview that there were three of them in the marriage - She was aware of what was going on but decided one day that she didnt want that situation anymore - From then on the conspiracy is a subject of conjecture ...Dodi Al Faheed, possible pregnancy, muslim child in the lineage - Not good for the bloodline....

Just my 2 pence worth feel free to get back on track with this thread :)
 blondegirl_1111
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2013 7:08:46 PM
well this lad is still on this site and wish he would of just said enough im finished or something. I also found out he didnt actually go back to her as they ended because he cant live from his kids and her kids are living in belgium and no english so they cant move here either, which is the reason they finished it. I knew they still talked but he changed his number so that she couldnt contact him which I find strange. He never was going to tell me and I cant get him out of my head, and its the first person I have trusted enough to meet my son which is five years old now and he too was gettin attached. He did mention he found it difficult as I moved in with my parents as I couldnt afford to keep a house and my child with food and clothing.
 blondegirl_1111
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2013 7:12:05 PM
sori cd but dont get what you mean by "if he is meant to be, you will get to decide if you want him back or not..." dont get what you mean by this
 Andrew1128
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/24/2013 7:42:10 PM
Don't even worry about it. These things happen to all of us.
 blondegirl_1111
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 10:39:02 AM
he seemed really nice but turned after a week and asked if I would meet his brothers and sisters which I thought was too soon. he seems to think that I was clingly and all that. he told his sister that he wanted to break off for awhile as I wouldn't meet his family but turned to me to say he was back with his ex which treated him like dirt
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Fella went back to his ex