Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > So why do women have pictures of them with other men in their profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dsagert
Msg: 1
So why do women have pictures of them with other men in their profilesPage 1 of 1    
So i dont get it about half the women here in my age group have pictures in there profiles of them with other men.
So I guess the big question is why?
Trying to show you are wanted? being here and from a guy's point of view why would I want to have a challange before I even meet you

Honest answers please
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 2
So why do women have pictures of them with other men in their profiles
Posted: 3/22/2013 10:29:07 PM
Here's a key question:

Why did you post dark, gloomy, unsmiling photos? It baffles me. Do you think this is attractive? Many men post unsmiling, grumpy pictures and complain when women pass them by.

A genuine smile is attractive and inviting. Women want to see your eyes and smile.
 DietFree
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 5:59:52 AM

So i dont get it about half the women here in my age group have pictures in there profiles of them with other men.

I get it. You won't go after that half and the other half (without men in their pictures) don't want you...that sucks.
 dsagert
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:08:48 AM
Really not a challange for me and remember I was refering to my age group......getting a little too mature to be playing young people games

And they are that are they not? so I guess the name of this site is generally overlooked or most you have never been fishing.
Most of the people I know that go fishing know it about how you present your bait. I have been other sites for many years and tried the nice presentation thing and just didn't get the responses I get here
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:36:13 AM
Ideally, your profile photos (for BOTH sexes) should include...

- One closeup of your smiling face.
- One full-scale body shot so your physical shape is clearly visible.
- Some sort of 'social' group photo proving that you have family or friends
- Some evidence you get outside once in a while

ANY AND ALL photos with 2 or more people in them should be captioned describing the situation or the people standing next to you. <---- THIS is the main 'sin' online that people omit. So many times people just assume the casual observer is going to understand the situation perfectly - but they never do.

There's nothing wrong with anyone posing in a photo with an attractive partner - as long as we all know that it's your sister, cousin, or nephew standing there - AND that YOU are standing on the 'Left' and not the 'Right'. Captions can be creative and funny, and can really sell a profile well - but people are just damn lazy sometimes.
 DietFree
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 11:15:46 AM

Really not a challange for me and remember I was refering to my age group......

If it's not a challenge, then there should be no problem. With your shadow and then head shot picture, it would be a challenge for the ladies to get interested in you.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > So why do women have pictures of them with other men in their profiles