Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Times are a changing.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Canuckadian
Msg: 1
Times are a changing.Page 1 of 1    
Every so often scientists uncover new secrets to show how little we actually know about everything. From technology to physics to all things that begin with astro. There is more unknown than will probably ever be known. It is not to say what we have is not lots but what we have changes life as we know it for better and for worse.

It has been said governments/military have technology 20-30 years ahead of what we use today. It has been said that aliens are amongst us and it has also been said we know more about what is above than below us. But on the earth level we are all witnessing the coming of a new era from what I believe is the final of the dark ages. With imminent nuclear threats to terrorist bombings all across the globe in recent times it is easy to see how dark our current age is.

With computers and weapons only getting better we all are soon to witness the next step in the evolutionary process where our minds even become obsolete by more powerful processors known as computers who will hopefully not need weapons and obsolete them. What they will need is expansion, production and knowledge.

Cyborgs are already all over the place, and I do not mean the typical terminator cyborg either I mean people like you and me with hearing aids and prosthetics hearts. People with money and power have even more fantastic designs. Computers are being devloped to have their own AI and engineers are designing incredible robots. In due time we will see the mix come together and start taking their place in soceity.

New governments will be established, new practices of many sorts will become available and many new things will become common in soceity. People I feel are held back by fear of the unknown/religious beliefs and maybe they are right but you cannot knock it until you try it and from what has been tried it would seem mechanical life is positive. A change is afoot and to embrace it is to evolve after all.

All the changes in history have all had their problems as well as their positive influences in developing so there is no way around it it would seem. There is no way to advancement, advancement is the way. Just look at what smartphones/ipads and such have done to us as a whole. Many and I mean many use these devices and it is as if they are an extension of our body making us become part of a collective consciousness of advanceded lifeforms with easy to access QOL tools and is all done alot faster than our minds can do.

Hope you enjoyed my piece of mind.
 Albvs
Msg: 2
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/23/2013 12:51:12 PM
Um... I doubt that the next phase of life-on-Earth will be controlled by robots/computers.

Where you suggest an "ending of the dark ages" I wouldn't be so optimistic. The Department of Homeland Security just bought enough rounds of ammunition to put five bullets in the head of every man, woman and child who lives here.

To put that in perspective, the U.S. Army uses about 70 million rounds of ammo in Iraq each year. DHS just bought 1.6 billion rounds. So... the DHS could take that ammo and fight a 23-year war in Iraq. That's how many bullets your government just bought locally. It wasn't shipped to some war zone and there aren't that many terrorist here in "cells". It's going to be used... on us.

1.6 billion rounds / 314 million in the U.S. = 5 bullets for each of us
 Canuckadian
Msg: 3
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/23/2013 1:17:47 PM
Your doubts are no doubt valid but if you research the or even think of the power that can be output and how much it constantly changes you would be surprised at what people are trying to acquire for humanity.
It is a good thing I am Canadian I will just cook my pop corn and watch the live feeds as that imperialistic regime keeps doing what it does worst.
 Albvs
Msg: 4
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/23/2013 2:51:32 PM

It is a good thing I am Canadian I will just cook my pop corn and watch the live feeds as that imperialistic regime keeps doing what it does worst.

And a damned fine option that is, too. Not too sure the news will feature us getting killed though. I'd guess that the media will cook up some fine story to tell.

Otherwise, I'd have to agree with you about the potential that we humans possess.
 Canuckadian
Msg: 5
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/23/2013 10:10:42 PM
No, I'll show you where your wrong on this:

"In due time we will see the mix come together and start taking their place in soceity."

That quote from my OP is pretty much the point of what I am saying. Here are some links to show you precisely what I mean

http://www.livescience.com/18641-reasons-fear-robots.html
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2007/09/human-friendly-.html#more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Well your point is sound as the human mind is still unknown in many aspects. The mergence of it with technology is the future and we have already been doing this in so many ways since even way back to like the 1600's when the world's first calculator was constructed or even in the days of Ancient Greece if you believe the Antikythera mechanism is not a freak of hoax nautre.

Here is a list of jobs I can think of humans are already merging with computers to complete:

Space Exploration, surgery, warfare, resource surveying/accumulation, factory production and much more in probably almost every sector actually. And not to forget how well they play chess as well.
 Canuckadian
Msg: 6
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/24/2013 7:27:34 PM
Most reject that the car would never replace the horse either, I bet they would feel pretty awkward now huh?
 whippedboi
Msg: 7
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/25/2013 11:43:50 AM
^^ not exactly, they'd be dead. IN the long run, we all are

dead people cannot feel 'awkward'.

so maybe when most people say 'never' they really mean, 'not in my lifetime'
 whippedboi
Msg: 8
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/25/2013 11:57:04 AM

To put that in perspective, the U.S. Army uses about 70 million rounds of ammo in Iraq each year. DHS just bought 1.6 billion rounds. So... the DHS could take that ammo and fight a 23-year war in Iraq. That's how many bullets your government just bought locally. It wasn't shipped to some war zone and there aren't that many terrorist here in "cells". It's going to be used... on us.

1.6 billion rounds / 314 million in the U.S. = 5 bullets for each of u

wow.. so DHS has a sinister, TOP SECRET plan to systematically murder each living US citizen & resident, every man, woman and child

yet is so incompetent and stupid they couldn't dummy up/fake the invoices and bills of lading to say " food" or "uniform clothing" or even "pyrotechnics" rather than bullets?

wooow, man... * whhhhhpppppfff* (Inhaling deep from my vaporizer..) like who knew, man??

in some ways they are sooo sinister, evil, super-smart, yet in other ways,. completely stupid. dumb, mentally challenged, hmm? wow, man...
 Albvs
Msg: 9
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:21:37 PM
Since I like you so much, whippedboi, I'm going to donate my allocation of bullets to you.
 whippedboi
Msg: 10
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:32:35 PM
love ya too bro. (in a non-gay Platonic sense) . sorry for 'the emperor's wearing no clothes' thing..

a tic of mine
 Albvs
Msg: 11
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:34:50 PM
de nada :shrugs:
 billingsmason
Msg: 12
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/26/2013 12:38:31 AM
you guys are all talking like you haven't gotten your chip yet..... right.

as far as 5 rounds per person....
we MAKE 10-12 billion rounds a year domestically(NRA stats), you know for sportsman... that doesn't include imports or hand loaders.

there's actually a shortage of ammunition right now. who goes to the range and doesn't burn up 2 or 300 rounds? hell around here you can do that driving home from work!

biometric scans are already in place, and will make id and money obsolete. heads up display are not science fiction anymore. you can get many upgrades to your body if you can pay. satellites monitor movements even indoors....1984 was almost 30 years ago!
now if they would just figure out a way to quiet the voices...or something useful like ending hunger, famine, traffic, obesity, dumbness...

wonder if there's a critical mass for all these smart phones?
 Tah,
Msg: 13
Times are a changing.
Posted: 3/26/2013 2:31:16 AM
Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbMlHGEICuY
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Times are a changing.