Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Purple_wings
Msg: 1
Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think? Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Just a random topic..
Men that shaved their arms and back...what's up with that? Maybe I am wrong but I think it's a red flag sign? None of my exes shaved, or the people that I know shaved..

But I met three guys from this site within the last three years that I was on and off from this site.. they shaved their arms and backs.. Sure maybe they are hairy I don't know, and yes they are into gym, cross fitness, weight lighting. But how did they shave their backs? That's the big question I have for them, his wife? His gf? His mom. No way? Sure maybe there is a special razor for back shaving but I don't think a muscular guy is that flexible

Sorry The impression I got from all these three men that i met, that they are players, serial daters, and lairs.. they think they're hot and fit and wanna show off their gym freak?sure I admired their hard works and inspired their dedications and commitments but why shave? Who cares?

All of these three have the same behaviors, so now if I ever met a guy that shave his arms, I automatically think its a sign for me to stay away.. Am I wrong?
 Jackals38
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?
Posted: 3/25/2013 12:25:13 PM
Yes, you are ridiculous. Trying to correlate players/liars/serial daters with men that shave their arms/back is absolutely laughable. What if all three of those guys also liked to drink Earl Grey tea in the morning? Would you then say all men that drank Earl Grey tea in the morning were players? Of course not. They could just be shaving because they think they look better or maybe they just feel better. And, while i know this will be a huge shock to you, you can go get your arms/back waxed at any spa for $30-40, you don't need your wife/gf/mom...lol.

If you have some issue with men shaving their arms/back that's fine, but that's your issue not theirs. There are plenty of habits that people may or may not like, it's up to you to decide with what you can live with and what you can't. Maybe figure out why you have this issue in the first place rather than speculate why men do it. And no, i've never shaved either, in case you want to go there.
 bubblyme13
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 1:04:02 PM
Hahahaha!!!!!

Oh boy.

Dating a guy who is as hairy so he has to shave his BACK??? O.o

Anyways, almost all runners and swimmers shave all their hair off... players? Serial daters?

Just because a man is "well groomed" you label him? You have some issues...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/25/2013 1:29:06 PM
Get a grip on life, Purple_Wings.
I am a cyclist (more than a quarter-million miles pedaled...) and meticulously shave my legs daily.
Have shaved them for decades. I have consumed Earl Grey tea in the past, too!
 Purple_wings
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/25/2013 1:36:35 PM
Drinking Earl grey tea and shaving are two different things ..u can't compare an apple to an elephant ...lol..
And yes I can tell the different between shaving and waxing..I do get wax done and the hair grow smoothly not prickly like shaving..where can you find $30-$40 back wax.? Not where I live lower arms cost $45-$50 lol not that I needed ...anyway thanks for inputs guys :)
 import_from_UK
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/25/2013 1:49:01 PM

That they don't like their arm or back hair and so they shave it.
 Jackals38
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:46:32 PM

Drinking Earl grey tea and shaving are two different things ..u can't compare an apple to an elephant ...lol..

YES, correlating drinking Earl Grey tea with being a player IS comparing an apple to an elephant...just like trying to correlate shaving ones arms/back with being a player is. That's precisely the point.
 QT3.18
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/25/2013 3:15:51 PM
You can't determine with any certainty that men who don't like body hair are players, liars, etc any more than you can determine that women who shave their legs are players, liars, etc. To be honest, a lot of women find back hair to be unflattering on a man, and it is quite common as a procedure in a salon to have it removed as part of their regular grooming. There is no correlation whatsoever. I've met some pretty hairy men who were of questionable integrity as well.

So while you are not wrong to choose not to date men based on their grooming habits, you are wrong to judge their character on it.
 Albvs
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/25/2013 3:40:47 PM
They probably watched that comedy about the 30-year-old virgin.
 victorianist
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/25/2013 3:44:40 PM
The time when women were attracted to men with hair like a chimp is long past. The hairless look is the current fashion on men and is likely to remain fashionable. Men shave parts of their body for EXACTLY the same reason women shave parts of their body.
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:17:09 PM
Do you shave any part of your body?? If you do, then why??

I find it absolutely absurd to say that men who shave are somehow players because of it.

Eric pointed out that he is a cyclist who shaves his legs. I've known swimmers that do it too.

I use a tiny little trimmer to remove the peach fuzz from a few areas on my face......DO TELL what that makes me??!!
 Walts
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:46:22 PM

Well, personally,it sounds like you should get out a little more and start meeting different "types"of people. That, and maybe open up a men's mag and visit the grooming section in the drug store. You may get an education, or at the very least, some information.

And this coming from an old shiat like myself. Who woulda thought????
 msright78
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:49:05 PM
wait, wait, hold up!

Are u implying that guys who 'shave' their arms and backs are players?

So what would that make girls who shave their legs, face, crotch, bikini wax and everything else?

WOW u are being incredibly stupid!

On a serious note, men who shave their arms or backs are not to be considered a red flag! Why? Because they do it for the same reason that women do. To look good!

Can u imagine how unattractive it is for a woman to grow out her arm pit hairs? Men are subconscious about their looks too! And why can't they be? Society expects them to be. Look at David Beckham or Brat Pitt! They do it!

U can't criticize someone based on how they look. Ur basically saying that if a woman wears a skimpy outfit, 'oh she's gotta be a slut'. Really?
 shes_the_one
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/25/2013 4:50:11 PM
Just as long as they don't ask YOU to shave it for them, no big deal. (been there, done that, please don't ask!)
 bluebeach415
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:04:55 PM
How do I remove hair from my back? I go to a salon and get a professionally waxed is what I do to remove the hair from the back even though I never had the much to start with. My face I shave as soon I start to see the 2 mm length of hair. Arm pits I shave them during the summer because we sweat more during humid days when there is hair under there. I do this for hygiene purposes but I also do it because I believe lot of women don't like body hair very much.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:15:16 PM
Jeez, I've been shaving my armpits for at least thirty years.
It is hygienic, looks sleeker, and no woman in my life has ever complained.

Other men and women may prefer to go a bit more natural.
Whatever floats your boat. Haircuts every two weeks, too.
 LathaMath
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:17:56 PM

More money than brains. Sound like good prospects for clever girls.
 shes_the_one
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:41:40 PM

I would wonder who shaved your back? that had to be pretty gross

Lol, my ex decided to start shaving his back but wasn't sure how to do it by himself so he had asked me to help. And for the record, my back has never been shaved :-)
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/25/2013 5:46:31 PM
Do you shave any part of your body?? If you do, then why?? .....................

I use a tiny little trimmer to remove the peach fuzz from a few areas on my face......DO TELL what that makes me??!!
Do you shave your legs? If so, then why?

One day I was out hiking and after several miles at the end of the trail were some mountain lakes. There I met a hiker who didn't have any water and asked me what I thought about drinking out of one of the mountain lakes. I told her I didn't think it was a good idea because of giardia and gave her some of my water. Anyway I hiked out with her and just happened to noticed she hadn't shaved her legs or under her arms for what appeared to have been years. I didn't find it gross or unattractive, just different. Though it makes no difference, she was from Boulder, Colorado..... people from Colorado can appreciate this.

Guys shaving are gross unless they are actually competing in body building, swimming or cycling events...... daily is a little much as well as bicycle shorts.
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/25/2013 6:36:52 PM
Ok Eric.......I'm officially in love with you!!!
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 6:37:56 PM

But how did they shave their backs? That's the big question I have for them, his wife? His gf? His mom. No way? Sure maybe there is a special razor for back shaving but I don't think a muscular guy is that flexible

i think they lie on a bed of hot wax then execute muscular levitation
 shine1274
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/25/2013 7:22:50 PM
Why assume they are shaving? Some of us are not that hairy. My arms and legs appear shaved because the hair is so fine and light, what little is there is almost invisible.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/25/2013 7:24:41 PM
Posted by Belluvthebawl:
"...Ok Eric.......I'm officially in love with you!!!"

How tragic for me the most alluring single women reside a continent away! You are too kind, Bell.

As an aside:
My college hallmates teased me about detailed grooming until I convinced them to TRY it just once.
Now those guys purchase nearly as many Venus razor blades as me. And their wives don't care! LOL.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 7:27:59 PM

Ok Eric.......I'm officially in love with you!!!

Wow..that was easy lol..
Shame he lives in New Jersey to your Vancouver. I think folks on POF need to do a fundraiser to support you two.
This is too cute.
 SpanishhhSugarrrr
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 8:00:45 PM
they are called metrosexuals! watch out, he will take longer to get ready than you
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guys that shaved their arms and back...what do you think?