Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JasonAlexis
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Date With Single Mom Went Horribly WrongPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
There's this woman about 28 years old who is cute and everything but has 2 children, a 5-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy. We hooked up through POF. We messaged back and forth on POF for days and she suddenly sent me her phone number and told me to text her directly instead because she could respond faster. We spent entire nights texting "I love you's" and naughty spicy other things. I then told her that she was sexy and cute in her pics and wanted to hear her voice, she instructed me to call her and I did, she sounded just about right and had the thing I like the best on a woman, that she doesn't bore me to death with her silence. I hate shy women, or mute women for that matter.

I asked her to meet me in person, she told me she did not have a car I told her that I had one and that I would go wherever she told me to meet. We agreed to a saturday at 11:00am at the front door of an ESSO gas station (what the hell she was doing there or why make me meet her there is still a mystery to me). We were supposed to go to an indoor pool for the date (it's still winter and icy here in Toronto,Ontario). To my shock she had brought her 2 kids with her, WTH?? I knew she had 2 kids and all but bringing them for our date? C'mon. Anyways right there my morale went to the floor. I almost turned around but I didn't want to look like a rude guy. I knew it was going to be hell and it was. Nothing was going to happen between me and her that day.

She got in and right away her 3 yeard old boy began to cry, she placed him between her legs and reached in her big purse and took out this small orange juice bottle and gave it to him, she also gave one to her daughter who was in the back seat of my Honda Civic. The kids started going wild and they sprayed the orange juicy all over my seats and floor. In more than 40 mins of driving I only remember her asking me 3 things, 3 sentences because her kids were giving a hard time yelling and fighting. Here in Ontario you get a big traffick ticket for not having a child under 6 in a special booster chair, she never told me she was bringing them and I started to get nervous about getting a big ticket. I pretended that my smartphone had vibrated and pretended my boss was on the other end of the line and asking me to "come for an emergency". I got off the next exit and stopped the car. I told her that my boss had called me and that there was an emergency in my company and that other employees had been called too. She just nodded in silence but with a sad look in her face. I turned around and catched the freeway back to Toronto, during the trip back I could not decipher a word she said because her kids were screaming and causing a rackus.

I asked her where she wanted me to drop her and she told me to drop her at a subway station, I told her that I could drive her back to her house and she said "No it's okay, I'm not going to take your time anymore". I reached a subway station and stopped, she got out and opened the back door and took her daughter out, then I said to her "Listen give me a call tonight" but before I could finish the sentence she slammed the door of my car almost in my face. She was pissed. She has not texted me bacl nor messaged me through POF. She has not replied to my text messages.

Anyways, here's the thing ladies, don't bring your kids for a date, find a babysitter if you can't find one then don't go on dates, it's that simple.
 S082
Msg: 2
Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong
Posted: 3/25/2013 8:42:28 PM
Wow...speechless. I have read people bringing kids to the date. I dont know if they think. I guess they really dont think at all or trying to have a free ride.

I dont think you should wait for her calls. If I were yu, I would delete the number and move on with my life. I dont think any rational person brings anyone on a date. If you can't afford a babysitter, too bad.
 pesposito52
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/25/2013 10:35:11 PM
That would make a real good short film, probably funny in some spots but overall sad.

She was probably out on her luck and was trying to hook up with someone to get support. I would have suspected this in the beginning I also probably would have been scared somewhat in that maybe she was on the run from the law or worse.

-Tom-
 independant_thinker72
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/25/2013 10:41:00 PM
she was obviously just using you as someone to flirt with, if you didn't get her out of her car she would have gotten you to drive her around so she could go grocery shopping or anything else since she didn't have a car. to you it was a potential good date but to her in was something to do to pass the time.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/25/2013 11:23:52 PM
Sorry for the unfortunate dating experience.
Sometimes one has to experience the good and the bad.
The good news here is that everything turned out OK.

For some constructive criticism:
Please do not tell people "I love you!" prior to actually meeting them.
It truly cheapens the word.
 Pinky127
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/25/2013 11:41:37 PM

Nothing was going to happen between me and her that day.

I think you're more shitty that after all the "spicey" texts,etc you didnt get laid.
*shrug*
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/25/2013 11:56:33 PM
Yes, she was really out of line bringing her kids, but sounds like she doesn't have very much money and likely couldn't pay a sitter. But jeez, texing "I love you" to someone you've never met is just bizarre.

Sorry for your bad experience and better luck in the future.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/26/2013 1:41:35 AM
OP. Is this story an addition to your other thread on why you seem to get with women that have no money? First. IF I was a single parent, I would never introduce my kids right off the bat to a total stranger. Couldn't tell you what she was thinking in that. Although this sounds like a worst case scenario for a first date, dating a man, or woman with young children is going to be a big hurdle for both parties eventually down the road as things progress. As we get older, people are going to have more history, meaning children, so in that, it is a possibility that we have to be prepared to accept.
 Paul9473
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/26/2013 2:58:45 AM
OP I think you're out of line with the comment of:

find a babysitter if you can't find one then don't go on dates, it's that simple

True it was completely mean of her to bring them along without giving you the heads up.
I think the real issue was what was she thinking knowing a car trip was involved and showing no concern for the safety of her kids. Did you say freeway! Be glad she hasn't replied.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/26/2013 5:02:24 AM
Anyways, here's the thing ladies, don't bring your kids for a date, find a babysitter if you can't find one then don't go on dates, it's that simple.

Advice from the lost. Cue the music from "Poor White Trash Married Mommies on Welfare" playing in the background, Quentin Tarantino's latest film starring Angelina Jolie as the misunderstood and underappreciated love interest, and Brad Pitt as her insensitive yet determined paramour.

We messaged back and forth on POF for days. We spent entire nights texting I love you's and naughty spicy other things. I asked her to meet me in person. We agreed to a saturday at 11:00am at the front door of an ESSO gas station. To my shock she had brought her 2 kids with her. Nothing was going to happen between me and her that day. During the trip back I could not decipher a word she said because her kids were screaming. I asked her where she wanted me to drop her and she told me to drop her at a subway station, I told her that I could drive her back to her house and she said "No it's okay, I'm not going to take your time anymore". I said to her "Listen give me a call tonight" (still holding out for some pussy; insert disappointed yet hopeful expression) but before I could finish the sentence she slammed the door of my car almost in my face, The End.

City_girl1969
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/26/2013 7:10:25 AM
Seriously, you are just,pissed you didn't get laid. Grow up

She should never have brought her kids to meet some random man, and never put them I. A car without a carseat & never out a kid in the front seat. I seriously question her parenting......well all her choices.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/26/2013 9:58:19 AM
Seriously, you are just,pissed you didn't get laid. Grow up..

While that may be true, the sleighride to HELL he was forced to endure (until he finally had the sense to use the "boss" excuse to get the hell out of it) was inexcusable.

Only a complete imbecile drags her two kids along with her on a date and thinks anyone is actually going to be happy about it.
 carolann0308
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 11:15:58 AM
We messaged back and forth on POF for days. We spent entire nights texting I love yous and naughty spicy other things.

You do realize normal women do not do this, right?
Is your goal to meet some broke ass woman that has multiple kids, no car and tosses the words 'I love you' around to every guy that texts her a picture of his junk? Because you get exactly what you deserve. You've complained about the women you're meeting but your criteria to meet seems about as low as you can go.
When you talk to someone for the first few times, try and find something in common other than opposite genitalia.
 import_from_UK
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/26/2013 11:42:52 AM
Seriously crappy date but learn from it.

A few thoughts :-
1. Don't send BS I love you's to people you haven't met.
2. If someone you haven't met is telling you they love you, be scared, be very scared.
3. Hindsight is great but meeting someone who doesn't have a car at a gas station, should have seemed off too.
4. If a woman shows up with her kids/friend/mother/a vicar, it's okay to say 'No thanks, we'll reschedule when you are free' and then drive away, really, really fast.
5. You are a grown ass man and responsible for yourself. Knowing that you didn't have child seats and that it's a problem where you live, would have been more than enough to refuse to go. Think with your big head next time.
6. If you don't want kids drinking in your car, don't sit there in silence. Speak up. You need to be able to communicate with anyone you end up dating and they need to know if you don't find something acceptable.
7. Don't ever feel the need to lie to end an unpleasant situation. Speak up and be honest.
8. WTF would you be texting her after this show of complete disrespect for your time, your legal responsibilities (no child seats) and your property? Either she's beyond hot or you are beyond desperate.

This woman is not emotionally healthy or she wouldn't at 28 years old be throwing around the word love to random strangers she's sexting with. She's has questionable parenting skills not just in bringing them on a date, but putting herself and them in the vehicle of a complete stranger where she has no control over your destination. Let alone putting her children in a care without safety seats - jeez, you might drive like a complete moron for all she knew.

Stop contacting her - otherwise your next thread will be a real freakin' disaster.
 CharminC
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/26/2013 12:12:52 PM
Sorry for being blunt but yours is a story of two idiots. You deserved what you got.

She's cute and said naughty things so you thought you hit the jackpot. You bs'd the I love yous and ended up with a car full of kids!
Talk about karma :P
 shes_the_one
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/26/2013 12:58:54 PM
Wow. Ok, first why are you texting "I love you's" to someone you haven't even met yet? Personally, I would've stood my ground with the kids as for carseats and drinks in your car. I wouldn't have left the gas station. Simple. If she has that little of regard not only for her children's safety (not just the lack of propper car seat, but putting her kids in a car with a COMPLETE STRANGER) but also for your property by giving her kids juice (which is incredibly sticky) I can't imagine what she would be like in an actual relationship.
You got away lucky. Next time, say something before it gets to that point, and you need your car detailed. And don't think all mothers are like that. If anyone meets my kids, we are headed towards relationship.
 CactusDoll
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/26/2013 1:17:47 PM
Wow, not that you are even in any of the parameters I would consider for dating, but now you have let everyone know that you would create and elaborate lie as an excuse to take care of your self rather than the state the rational truth. I feel sorry for the younger generation, where sexy photos replace communication. I am a single mom, I would never take my kid on a date, and I would never speak to someone who told me I love you before we ever met. That is creepy.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/26/2013 1:28:01 PM
What you just experienced is just a taste of what it's like to date your average single mom with small kids. Many people on here are going to talk about how she shouldn't have introduced you to her kids on the first date, and they're right. However, would you rather she do what she did, or wait until date ten, when you're emotionally invested in her? She basically lured you out with sex, which most guys WILL fall for, because she knew you might run when you see her situation. She was probably hoping that the promise of sex after the date would be enough to keep you around. I don't blame you for doing what you did. Live and learn, friend.
 My_Username0
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/26/2013 1:33:57 PM

What you just experienced is just a taste of what it's like to date your average single mom with small kids.

Lol, completely agree. Of course there's going to be these single Moms on here who will deny it on this thread and get all butt-hurt about it, when I bet dollars to donuts, in reality, they are probably no better than this single Mom you speak of. What you did was completely reasonable.

Live and learn, friend.

True that
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 3:39:04 PM
What did the OP actually do wrong on the date itself? He was very tolerant and did all he could.
He offered to drive her home but she refused. I don't see why he should pay her a taxi back if its not going to go anywhere.
 shes_the_one
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/26/2013 4:15:32 PM

[2]-Maybe " Nothing was going to happen between me and her that day." and you're probably right... BUT: If you'd been more of a stand up guy and tried to make the best of it, the next date might have been great and even a great relationship...

Whoa, wait a minute....Tried to make the best of it? She didn't make it clear that her kids were coming too. If that is a glimpse of her communication style, then how can it be the start of a great relationship?

[4]-Kids are like dogs, you can't take them everywhere you'd like to go, and you can't leave them in the car...

If she cannot afford a babysitter, then she has no business dating.

[5]- I'm not surprised you haven't heard from her... you left her and two small children at a subway station... Sure she told you to... but that's because you already pissed her off... (See #3 again) But whatever, you NEVER EVER DUMP YOUR DATE AND 2 SMALL KIDS AT A SUBWAY... If all else fails , you put them in a cab, and pay for her cabfare home... But you never abandon a date and toddlers at a subway station... End of story...

The OP said he offered to take her home. What more did she want? Cab fare?! How would that have been fair to him? It's bad enough he has to clean the interior of his car thanks to her giving her kids orange juice. Did she bother to ask him if it was ok to do so?
There's several ways you can look at this. He should've said something before they even got in the car. But, then again, if he had you would be dragging him through the mud for being up front.
He can't win.
 JasonAlexis
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 6:11:54 PM
Okay I am appalled by the sarcastic sneering of some women in this thread that say I got what I deserved because I was looking to "get laid". I was looking for a nice date and a nice Saturday. After days and days of texting/sexting it was only natural that we wanted to take this further, well at least in my part. She blew what could had been a nice saturday knowing each other more.

To the people that say I should never say "I love you" to strange women I have not met ..., well the phrase doesn't really mean what it means in this case, it was a casual nice thing to say to her, as a friend, she also said it to me at the end of a texting-filled night, I'm sure she didn't mean it either, it was just a word of politeness.

Other people say that I should not be trying to get in touch with her by sending text messages... well the reason I tried to contact her was because she forgot a keychain with 4 keys on it in my car. I think I am owed an apology from her. She NEVER mentioned she was going to bring her kids. Would she liked it if I had brought 3 male friends with me for our date? I don't think so.

Anyways thanks for the advice and the suggestions, it was great feedback, I have read lots of threads here today, I'm learning a lot of things.
 buterfly41978
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/26/2013 6:19:08 PM
Oh Good Lord! I think I have heard it all now!!

Are you serious.. She brought her kids... AND let them have orange juice in your car..

Be glad, very glad she hasn't contacted you again!
 Kigstar
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 8:02:55 AM
to all the women hating he said the date was at 11 am not like it was 11 pm and he was just trying to smash. He was trying to go on a date and maybe at the end of the night get his****wet. If i just want to **** a girl i wont be meeting her till at least 10 pm.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:40:15 AM
No matter how you felt about the woman bringing her kids, and whether you wanted to keep trying or not, you should never have risked driving without safety seats. It's dangerous, shows inconsideration for the woman's kids, and can ruin your driving record and insurance.

At that point, if I was still interested in the woman, I'd have suggested we park the car and walk somewhere local, as driving would be illegal. And that would have kept the car clean, too.
ED BEAR
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date With Single Mom Went Horribly Wrong