Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Size Matters...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zuglo65
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Size Matters...Page 1 of 1    

Does size matter to a guy?

I dont mean just the obvious like body size, but height, boobs, legs, everything!

I dont mind a little shorter, but i dont want a jockey!

Hm...It seems like height matters to you than..
Short answer, of course size matters. IMHO
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 7:41:35 AM
if a woman can't fit through the doorway of my car, it's awkward to date her.

if a woman can't enter my home because the cat will chase her around, corner her and eventually eat her, it's awkward to date her.

so yes, size matters.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 7:50:39 AM
^^^LOL..Good point..
I HAD to put something about size in my profile, I think I have done it tastefully..
Couple of questions..
What do you drive, and more importantly what kind of cat you have there???
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 8
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 7:52:55 AM
Posting full-body pix is the best, most honest way of showcasing a body size - any size you mention in text is going to be nothing more than YOUR interpretation, and the next person that comes along may have an entirely different opinion. Each person is fully entitled to their own ideas, so trying to come up with a verbal 'standard' is pretty much useless. Once you post a picture, everyone else is looking at the EXACT same image, so you AND they know what they are judging against.

As far as height goes - I'm 5'8" and I have no qualms about dating someone my height, or even taller. Women's expectations, however are VERY much leaning towards taller guys. I think my general searches usually stop at 5'10" because the 'market' for women taller than me that are willing to date shorter is SO small it's pretty much not worth searching.

Like Paddy said - I wouldn't want anyone as big and heavy as I am - making love standing up is no fun when my spine and knees are being pushed to the breaking point! Since I go to the gym and am getting a lot leaner than I used to be, I guess my ideal 'mate' size tends to shrink as well. I guess that's just the way it goes...
 c_deacon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 8:21:05 AM
It is much more with how it all is put together, and if that is attractive to me or not!

Most women like taller men, especially if they are taller, like you are. Once in heels you would be close to 6 feet, and if you are with a man 5'7", you would be uncomfortable I bet, and many men would be with you. My Mother was 5'9" and told me that she never dated a man under 6' tall, and that was a very important thing to her.

At 5'9", I am but an average man both in height and weight, and I can not change my height, but will continue to work on my weight to be size appropriate. As long as you do the same, you will feel better, look better, and feel more comfortable around those you are attracted to.

cd
 FletisHumplebacker
Msg: 13
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 8:40:52 AM
That's like asking what women want in a man. Generally, most women want a taller man and a guy a shorter gal but it isn't written in stone. I would be apprehensive to date a gal taller than me (6') but I wouldn't rule it out. And not every guy is into huge boobs, although you're going to notice them if you aren't homosexual.
 soulsearcher012
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 8:42:31 AM
It doesn't bother me If a woman has curves or a few extra pound's
I however don't go for the BBW type . as far as height and boob size
I wouldn't care if she was 6 foot 5 with no boobs or 5"5 with big boobs
as long as she can love and be herself then I have no issue.
 AGuy_4U
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 12:04:31 PM
all your photos are head shots. I like nice looking boobs, they don't have to be big. I also like a nice arse!
 Pete2205
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Size Matters...
Posted: 3/26/2013 6:00:29 PM
The responses are what I would expect to see....

EVERYONE has different ideas about the physical and mental attributes they like in another person. I used to think I had a "Type" because I generally dated very slim girls with small breasts, bum and long legs. But then as I got older I found that I was more attracted to an attractive face and smile - The rest I could accept in most shapes and sizes within reason.

I have dated girls with boobs that blot the sun out and girls that are almost flat chested. I have been with girls almost anorexic and girls who are very curvey.

Some people though just decide that there are certain characteristics they like in aperson and never deviate from that - I am glad I did.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Size Matters...