Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Profile was Hacked      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SoxFanSince93
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Profile was HackedPage 1 of 1    
My profile was just recently hacked, they changed my information and everything, any idea how they did and should I be worried about them having any of my info?
 forum_moderator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 3/26/2013 11:22:53 AM
What was changed exactly?

SoxFanSince93
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 3/26/2013 11:25:06 AM
My interested,my about me, my pictures (I changed them back), My Mail Settings, pretty much everything.
 Paderic
Msg: 4
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 3/26/2013 11:52:18 AM
Typically, accounts get hijacked by malware on your computer capturing your password. Make sure your computer is cleaned of malware and then change your password.
 SoxFanSince93
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 3/26/2013 12:27:29 PM
Profile wasn't hacked, left my Email open at a public place that this site is registered to. So he decided that he was going to change my info. He send girls emails with his name and Phone Number listed asking for drinks on Saturday. I messaged the phone number and told him to stay off, he texted back wanting to fight me for it in person physically. Ughh people in this world!
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 6
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 3/26/2013 12:42:52 PM
I know that it’s wrong of me, but when someone is anonymously texting me threats, (it has happen twice now) I take them up on the meeting and set it up for a public place during daylight. Both times I have had someone there as a witness/backup and both times they never showed themselves. Either they never showed or did but didn’t have the testicular fortitude to approach me.

Again, probably not the smartest thing but I did want to see if they had it in them to say the things to my face that they texted.

OP, I’m sure you have done this, but if not be sure to change your POF password. And anytime you are using a public computer be sure to clean the browser caches before and after if you can. If not, you probably shouldn’t use that computer, for your own safety and security.
 Blackstallion99
Msg: 8
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:00:41 PM
Yes POF really needs to get on it's problems...I've been single for 1 1/2 years and I've been using this site only to figure out the protocol is being altered so that women's messages don't get sent to me. They are either being sent to a third party or being outright deleted....I AM VERY VERY PISSED OFF at POF....imagine 1 1/2 years no real human contact. How many times have I wasted time to attract women and figure stuff out about them just to have my attempts twarted by some ugly guy angry at the world cause his mommy didn't love him enough? SHAME ON YOU POF....fix your security.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 9
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:11:42 PM
Where's Bobby?

OP, your messages are not "being sent to a third party or being outright deleted".

If you've had 1-1/2 years of "no real human contact", I think this is a personal problem, not a POF problem.

How many times have I wasted time to attract women and figure stuff out about them just to have my attempts twarted by some ugly guy angry at the world cause his mommy didn't love him enough?

You seem frustrated, OP. Who is this man?

SHAME ON YOU POF

Just when you think you've heard it all, you find out you haven't. POF: always something new.

Where's Bobby?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 10
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:25:14 PM

I've been single for 1 1/2 years and I've been using this site only to figure out the protocol is being altered so that women's messages don't get sent to me. They are either being sent to a third party or being outright deleted..

How have you arrived to the conclusion that women's messages aren't getting through to you? How would you know this unless you've had some kind of contact with a woman who messaged you?

Where's the ugly guy with mommy issues come in?

Don't equate a lack of messages to someone deleting them or sending them to someone else. Not uncommon here for guys to send hundreds of messages and get no replies. Fact of life, not cyber espionage.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 11
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:36:26 PM
OP, meet CrookCatcher, our POF detective. He will search to the ends of the world to find the
ugly guy angry at the world cause his mommy didn't love him enough
who hacked your profile.

You're in luck, OP, because I far as I know, CrookCatcher here is working only one other case. Must be the slow time of year around here (Christmas and Valentine's Day are always busy, as you can imagine).

Don't take too much time away from your main case, CC. B was very serious about that case. Very serious.

Good luck to both of you. CC, keep us updated on the exciting details of your investigation as only you can do.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 12
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:44:14 PM

the protocol is being altered so that women's messages don't get sent to me. They are either being sent to a third party or being outright deleted....

I'm unsure how you come to that conclusion. Can you elaborate so we can put some light on it for you?

just to have my attempts twarted by some ugly guy angry at the world cause his mommy didn't love him enough

What guy?
 Aradia96
Msg: 13
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/26/2015 12:09:07 AM
Change your password for the profile and email (if you can) so he can't log in on it.

What happened with you was preferable than an actual virus or hacker compromising the account so you should be glad.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 14
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:16:12 AM
Most likely, the guy made a female account to test whether messages are getting through to him or not.
He sent himself a message.
But the second account was deleted by the automated rules enforcement robot, and the message deleted along with it.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 15
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:21:34 AM
After glancing at his profile. Nobody hacked that. He would'nt get a response from a 911 call.
 Troll_Buster
Msg: 16
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:43:01 AM
To Msg 12...
Bobby passed away late Wednesday afternoon.
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 17
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:39:19 AM
Thanks, Troll Buster. I knew that though. My "Where's Bobby?" was kind of a tribute. I've asked that question so many times here.

Mark, I'm not convinced that is OP's situation here. I'm waiting to hear who the "ugly guy angry at the world cause his mommy didn't love him enough" is.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 18
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:41:35 AM
I think it was the reflection he saw in his computer screen ;)
 CuriousInDB
Msg: 19
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 2/26/2015 4:48:29 AM
You know, we have a post somewhere here ... Well, maybe we don't have it any longer because a lot of the profile violations thread isn't here as of yesterday, I think.

I know the user's name who posted it because he's a Florida man who has written me unpleasant messages off and on for years.

He was complaining about a ... I believe (paraphrasing) "some ugly gay jerk who's in my inbox messaging me" and wanted to know how that jerk could message him when he had a female only restriction.

I know I don't have to go any further explaining. You all get it.

Funny, isn't it? Maybe some of you remember that post. I believe my response to that comment was deleted by the infamous miss_allison.

My last song for Bobby. He'd want us to move on and do what we're doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPj3GAYYZ0
 mrrightest
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 9/25/2016 5:49:02 AM
"My profile was hacked and ALL my information was changed" To include my user name, age, and gender ??
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 21
Profile was Hacked
Posted: 9/25/2016 6:45:09 AM
^^^ I don't think user name can be changed without upgrade.

U have 2 weeks to change gender/date of birth, last I heard.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Profile was Hacked