Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How to handle these requests...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
How to handle these requests...Page 1 of 1    
Hang up sooner.

Why are you listening to that crap?

Block, delete, hang up. This is not rocket science.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How to handle these requests...
Posted: 3/26/2013 2:21:56 PM
Oh, please, OP. Block the a**holes. Keep your account. Are you being deliberately obtuse?
 brinaalina
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 3:58:48 PM
You DON'T respond.
Duh.
Unless you are into that.

Why would you waste your time responding to some freak who you don't even know talking dirty to you?
Not worth your time.
Ignore.
 mysteriosa
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 4:10:56 PM
He has a problem, not you. His problem is the way he looks at life, at women, and the way he treats women. He probably got abusive because every woman he's talked to has turned him down (and yes, you turned down the dirty talk so you are added to his list of women who reject him). He clearly can't be respectful, kind and gentle, which is what most women are looking for. You won't be the only one he's talked to like this. That doesn't make it right at all: it just shows how his appalling attitude and personality will never get him a woman. In fact, I'm sure guys like this get into the sex talk as quickly as possible because they know their true character will show through and the woman will dump them, so they might as well go for it straight away.

You did what any self-respecting woman would do and dumped him as soon as you realised what he was. Well done!

As for his crass personal comments, attraction is a very individual thing and there will be guys who are naturally attracted to you. He was just trying to punish you because you were rejecting his (crude and idiotic) advances. Don't let one socially inept guy's comments affect you. You deserve tons better than him!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 4:24:03 PM
This:
He stated that only men who would "Settle" or had a "fetish" would go for me & it wouldn't even be real love so, I better get used to this.

after this:

he was telling me how I was appealing to him b/c of my weight.

Charming.

I am just asking then, how do you handle people if all they want is sex,

I make it really clear in my dating profiles that I am NOT interested in casual or random sex, and if that's what they are looking for, to keep going.

fetishes fullfilled

Repeat this.. as many times as necessary. "I am NOT a fetish delivery service."

& are you turned-off

I don't like it when people approach me with their penis hanging out. Not turned off, not turned on either. Annoyed, frustrated, disappointed, sad that society has reached the point where this kind of behaviour has become acceptable.

or do you do them anyway?

I don't do anything I don't want to do. It's as simple as that.

Is it no big deal or are these people crackpots?

It IS a big deal.

Make your boundaries very clear. Don't waver from them. Someone approaches your boundary, remind them that you aren't looking for that, aren't interested in that, and if that is the direction they are going in.. they will be going it alone as you won't be doing it.

You don't have to do anything to impress someone or to prove you are worthy of love or effort. If they can't be respectful right at the start, they won't be later on. Move on. You don't owe them any explanation, and block can be a good tool to use.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 6:13:06 AM
I think its very sad that you let some creep looking for cheap thrills make you doubt yourself. Seems that your self-esteem has taken quite a hit. I think you need to work on yourself, gain some confidence, and get in a better frame of mind before continuing to look for a mate. I am a big girl myself, but I am very comfortable with my body, and confident in my aattractiveness and self-worth. I have not had any trouble meeting quality men that love the way I look... lumps, bumps, and all. There are plenty of men that will fiind you attractive just the way you are. I suggest you try to figure out the nice guys from the creeps a little quicker. Don't ignore those red flags when you see them. Good luck to you.
 RB_64
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 7:27:57 AM
Depends if I am in the mood to talk dirty.......oh wait, I never give out my phone number, so I guess that isn't going to be a happening thing with some creep.

OP, pull back.....be more selective in where you put your profile, unless you like this kind of attention.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How to handle these requests...