Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women prefer short hair or long hair on a guy ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rmanso33
Msg: 1
Do women prefer short hair or long hair on a guy ?Page 1 of 1    
The reason I ask is that I have had someone send me a message strongly suggesting that I cut my hair. I would not have given it much thought but it has happened more than once. Is it out of style and I'm just stuck in the '80 s ?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Do women prefer short hair or long hair on a guy ?
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:38:11 PM
It looks great, Axl. Don't cut it.
As an aside...your album Appetite For Destruction was superb.
Still a HUGE fan here in New Jersey.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:41:51 PM
I used to rock a serious mullet 20 years ago. When I see guys with long hair now, they often appear VERY disheveled and messy and scattered with their hair - like they are trying on purpose to avoid taming it and being labeled as a mullet-wearer.

At least you have one pic that shows your hair tied back wearing a suit and looking cleaned up and formal - that's good - a lot of ladies want to see that 'GQ' look - but having too many pics with hair scattered everywhere just gives an impression of being unkempt and sloppy.

Do you tie it back when you are working around the house or fixing the car? Do you tuck it into a bandana to go motorcycle riding? I gotta assume when doing electrical work you have to tie it back somehow... it couldn't hurt to show how you 'tame the mane' when you have work to do.
 rmanso33
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:58:32 PM
I would lose it if I didn't tie it back while at work. Got it caught in a drill when I was in my 20s. That won't happen again. In fact it is tied back about 80% of the time so honestly I don't know why I even keep it long. Old habits die hard I guess. I guess I might have to make a date with the barber/hair stylist. Thanks for the input.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:11:17 PM
If you're going to do it...might as well donate it to LocksOfLove.org and the women will swoon.
What could be nicer than a gentleman helping innocent young victims of medical hair loss, such as cancer.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:19:38 PM
I prefer short, well groomed hair on a man.

I think you are long past the age when long hair looks good on a guy. Rock musicians in their 20's can get away with it. If you cut it, please donate your locks as Eric suggested.
 rmanso33
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:25:36 PM
Will do. If I cut it (Probably will). I will donate it.
OK, now what about tattoos. LOL I've got a few.
 not_your_girl_next_door
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:48:21 PM
There are three categories of men with long hair: hippie, Axl Rose, and Viking. You fall into the Axl Rose category. Love GnR, but I didn't really dig his hair (I mean he looked alright, MUCH better than his corn rows now). I worked with a hippie and didn't like it either. I can get into the Viking guy, mostly because we share similar interests (I've worked out at the same gym with a few of these guys).

BODY ART is a serious plus for me. Cheap, pointless/prison tats are gross.

So basically I can get into long hair. I generally like shaggy, but not past ear length. But longer has its advantages....I could regress to the age of five and practice my french braiding skills.
 brinaalina
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 11:32:57 PM
It really depends on what the man looks like.

I like hair long enough for me to grab onto it.
No shaved heads, por favor. A lot of men look good with shaved heads, it's just not my cup of tea.

My one rule is don't have long hair if you aren't going to take care of it.
I HATE seeing long stringy, greasy hair.
If you're gonna grow it out, you need to keep. it. clean.
Well...you kind of always need to keep it clean no matter the length, really.
 vestaceres
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:24:29 AM
Personally, long hair isn't a turn off for me. It's when it's matted, ratty, unclean, greasy, untrimmed, attracts lints and dust bunnies, and infested with nits, that it's putrid.
 rainbowcolors
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/28/2013 8:16:13 AM
I sport waist length long hair and prefer it on men too. The only thing I dislike is when a man colours his longer hair. I prefer to see his well earned greys and he shouldn't be afraid to show them.

Whether a guy has tattoos or not it doesn't matter, but it isn't a good idea to have much older photos of yourself on your profile because a person ends up competing with his younger self. Current is what we all want to see if a person is going to go with a profile with public images.

Oh, if you donate your hair research carefully 'where' to donate it. Locks of Love SELL the wigs to cancer patients whereas there are organizations that GIVE. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-547.html
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women prefer short hair or long hair on a guy ?