Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Glitch in Forums - not allowing new posts intermittently      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 5
Glitch in Forums - not allowing new posts intermittently Page 1 of 1    
I has a similar thing happen this past weekend on Saturday morning. Not sure if it was the same issue or not.

I posted a reply in a thread and when I hit post not only did it not post, but the post I was replying to had also disappeared. I assumed that since I was replying to a post that disappeared while I was composing my reply just never posted.

The other post was nothing against the rules nor had it wandered off topic. So, if a Mod deleted his post as I was composing my reply I’m not sure why (?). But since I was replying to a specific question the other poster asked and it was now gone I never attempted to reply again in that thread.

And no, this was not during the short time Saturday that miss_allison had a restriction on me to get my attention since my email filter prevented her from contacting me. After the disappearing posts I was able to post another reply before that restriction hit.
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 7
Glitch in Forums - not allowing new posts intermittently
Posted: 3/28/2013 10:06:45 AM

There are a few words that are pretty taboo on here and Nazi is one of them (unless talking about real Nazis).

Or, hopefully, when just talking about the use of the word! :-) :-)

Well, it was in the thread Private Images http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15945726.aspx

In the list of thread titles it shows me as the last poster and a date/time stamp of “3/24/2013 7:07 AM
by bobby z man”. Now I hope that I didn’t make the statement forum Nazi in my reply because I really don’t recall doing that. If I did I apologize. Or are you saying he used (may have used) that term?

Anyhow, my actual suspicion for my post disappearing along with the post I was replying to was that the post prior to his contained links to screen shots of user profiles. I thought that possibly a moderator was intending to delete it and some cosmic server glitch exploded just as the mod and I both hit enter. (Oh well) I was actually shocked that the screenshot links lasted as long as they did. It was when I decided to report it that I saw the note from miss_alison. (Which, if anyone is wondering, was not anything to do with a violation, just a request about my tagline.) It was about some time after noon that a mod deleted those links and inserted the yellow box in the post.

Again, since the post I originally replied to was deleted I never tried to repost to that thread. I really didn’t give it much though until I saw this thread.

Bobby Z man
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/2/2013 4:50:46 AM
I had this very issue happen to me yesterday. I was not editing anything I had already posted. I was not replying to a post that has since been removed. My reply did not contain any quote boxes or tags. I just composed a few lines of text.

When I tried to post the reply to the thread it just took me back to the thread without my reply being posted. No notes about any restrictions or anything. It just took me back to the original thread. I attempted again and the same result, the original thread came back without my reply. No history that I posted anything either.

A little while later it occurred to me that this had happened to me a couple times before and it turned out that the threads were closed but never marked as closed neither in the thread title nor in the last comment made - by a moderator.

As a test I just attempted to post to a known closed thread. When I hit Post it took me back to the thread without my reply. Just like above. My assumption as to what happened yesterday is that the thread I was replying to was closed without any notification that it was closed. The last posting was by a moderator who stated simply that maybe on line dating may not be for the OP. It did not say that the thread was closed though.

Import, is it possible that you were replying to one of the closed threads that were never marked as closed? Just a thought.

EDIT:
I just attempted to post a reply to the same thread that didn't accept it yesterday and today it again responded just as a closed thread does but it is not marked as closed. I think it is most likely closed and that is the reason for it not accepting reply posts.
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/2/2013 6:02:41 AM
^^^ Yea, that one has been popping up for a lot of people. I got it the other day a couple times when I tried to edit a post.

I think there have been other posts about editing that mentioned it. The most common comment about editing issues is when someone is trying to edit a post with quote boxes, text formatting, or tags that they are having their issues.

Apparently ‘they’ haven’t worked on it enough. Or maybe ‘they’ worked on it too much????

Once again, who knows what, when, why?

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Glitch in Forums - not allowing new posts intermittently