Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Can I get a review of my profile please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 1
Can I get a review of my profile pleasePage 1 of 1    
Hi everyone,

Can I get some feedback on my profile?
Based on the lack of responses I get to my messages I figure it either has to be either:
. my profile
. my messages
. my photos
. I am not their type

I am trying to figure out what I need to improve if anything so I can improve my chances on this site.

Thanks,
Philip
 ouija2013
Msg: 2
Can I get a review of my profile please
Posted: 3/30/2013 7:41:13 AM
Did you mean to have HEARTS in your header? It says Queen of Hear. :/
 chaneek
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/30/2013 7:43:12 AM
Also, I don't know how the nickname "gamerguy" rings to the ears of a woman.

I'm a gamer myself but I wouldn't define my own identity with something that is unfortunately often a turnoff.
 Indira46
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 11:17:14 AM
Add more activities to your Interests Section.

Add a paragraph describing the type of woman you are seeking using personality traits.
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/30/2013 7:23:31 PM
Thanks for all of the advice everyone, I really appreciate it.
 NinjaHugsWanted
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/30/2013 10:22:16 PM
Inject some more of your personality in your profile. I only say that because as it stands, I could interchange it with a any other guy. I'd get ride of the 3rd pic cause your hand looks really weird and awkward.
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/31/2013 12:38:06 PM
Alright, I just finished a massive reworking of my profile.
What do you think?
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:27:05 PM
@trippydee

It's a little too aseptic-it's what I would envision Jerry Seinfeld would post. Yes, it was a popular show, but he was a little Too fastidious...savvy?
It just reeks of fear in general.

I'm not sure I am following what you are trying to say.
I don't know what it is about my profile that reeks of fear.

As far as my standards are concerned I have three cardinal rules to who I will not date.
1. ) I physically cannot date anyone who smokes due to allergies.
2.) I refuse to date anyone with children. I have a long history with this and don't want to repeat it.
3.) I will not date anyone is overweight. I take great efforts to keep myself in shape and would like at least a little reciprocation from the person I go out with. I realize that we live in the McDonalds generation and that this greatly limits my chances when it comes to finding a date, however I am attracted to skinny girls and that is all there is to it.
 ouija2013
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:02:43 PM
Great you are clear on what you want. Great if you don't return saying no one replies.
Many women consider themselves big who actually are not
What if she is perfect but has a child?
You guys come here complaining you don;t get the results you wish and start bashing women. Heard it all .. meanwhile it is time some of you look in the mirror and see who you are supposed to be.
2 pictures ( one a zombie) and wants a woman with beauty and brains. uhuh. Must be Zombie speak
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/31/2013 8:26:24 PM
You're a zombie in your picture and you want "a woman with brains?"

Doh!
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/1/2013 3:38:54 AM

You're a zombie in your picture and you want "a woman with brains?"

Lol, I did not notice that, but now that you mention it, it is kinda funny.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2016 4:04:58 PM
Just bumping this up, one review per person only
 Forums_only
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/16/2016 7:25:46 PM
From your duplicate thread:

Thanks for the feedback ouija2025, although I don't understand where all the hate is coming from.

The age range is an old setting that I had to try and figure out where to adjust.

As for the title, it was an old cliche that I put in there for lack of anything clever when I first created the profile.
I'm not looking for it to rain hotties, I am however, hoping to attract an educated, cultured woman, who enjoys fitness as much as she does learning.

In regards to what I bring to the table:
. I'm ambitious
. Career driven
. Well traveled
. Educated
. Good with children (15+ years as a child care attendant, in addition to being heavily involved in the upbringing of my 4 younger siblings, and one of the favorite uncles of my nephew)
. Good with animals
. Charismatic
. Have a good, if not cheesy, sense of humor
. I'm cultured and regularly involved with the arts (study piano and drawing, in addition to performing in a few musicals)
. I'm a loyal friend
. I'm a faithful partner

I personally get a kick of you placing good with kids right before good with animals. Pretty much the same thing.

The age settings will guarantee an intelligent stable women your own age will laugh and move along. Why bother with ANY incoming age restrictions? Unless, of course, you're overwhelmed with incoming messages.

Are you?

ps - that wasn't 'hate', that was a spotlight.
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/17/2016 2:08:49 AM
That is a good point.
The age range was put into place because of emails I've received in the past.
I'll take it down for the time being and see if it helps.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 5:00:21 AM
the smiling photo in the check shirt is by far and away the best photo and should be your main picture
 Chromis1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2016 5:53:54 AM
You've eliminated the age restrictions, otherwise I'm stumped. You're tall, good looking, great smile, well traveled and write well.

Perhaps you're losing women with your messaging? Can you provide a sample?
 ManOfIntrigue1984
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/17/2016 2:12:31 PM
Admittedly my profile was quite abysmal until recently, when I took to heart the advice of those on the forum.

Email wise, things can be very difficult for me.
I usually try to find inspiration from an individual's profile text, which unfortunately, doesn't always work.

Here's an example of an email I sent recently to get in touch with an interesting, funny woman who wrote a novel of a profile and she turned it into a big joke by the end.

"Hey ****,

For the love of God, please tell me that you didn't create your profile using your phone...

When I pressed the expand button on your profile I was nearly crushed beneath the wall of text that suddenly appeared before me. Thankfully, my cat like reflexes enabled me to narrowly escape in the nick of time, and might I add, with a debonair James Bondish sort of look upon my face. ;)

-Philip"
 Forums_only
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/27/2016 4:51:17 PM
Once again, bumping your original thread for you.

No need to start a new thread every time you make a change.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Can I get a review of my profile please