Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The art of sending messages!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheCoolGreenMoss
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The art of sending messages!Page 1 of 1    

I really want to make a good impression

Then create and interesting and/or inviting profile. What you write in an email (if/when you decide to) doesn't matter nearly as much as you might think.
 Jackals38
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The art of sending messages!
Posted: 3/30/2013 10:20:40 AM
If you are attractive, you can easily get away with "Hi, how are you?" messages (despite what women on these forums would have you believe - just create a new profile, put up a pic of some random model and try it). If you aren't particularly attractive, you better have a great profile and a compelling initial message. I would go with the later if i were you.
 Onbendedknee1
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/30/2013 1:23:09 PM
I wish this forum had a like button
 Bearfish13
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/30/2013 2:27:35 PM
There isnt really an art of sending a message, its just trial and error, and if need be get a review of your profile
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/30/2013 4:39:25 PM
I've read profiles where men actually say they are going to sit back and let the women contact them.

And men complain about our culture becoming so pussified. Well, this doesn't help.

I rarely got replies to my messages. Happens to all of us.

Shut off the computer and get out into the world. Initiate face to face conversations.
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2013 4:41:31 PM
Message means nothing if they don't like you're picture you are binned.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The art of sending messages!