Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Clues for the clueless?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Beatkunedo90
Msg: 1
Clues for the clueless?Page 1 of 1    
My case isn't entirely hopeless, but I haven't been having very much success with this site. Literally every first message I send gets ignored. I understand the basics, such as the fact that women are constantly flooded with messages from every which way (which gives them the power to choose the best from what they receive rather than having to only taking what they can get), but despite avoiding all of the common pitfalls like just saying "hi", asking for sex/nudity, using pet names, making ignorant-sounding messages, flooding the inbox with too many messages, etc., every single outgoing message is purely in vain.

Are there any catch phrases I should use? Are there things to avoid? What am I doing wrong here?

Every time I ask those questions in these forums, I get ignored as well. It's incredibly difficult not to sound bitter when there is an overwhelming lack of reasons for why I shouldn't be. Can I please get some answers this time?
 Beatkunedo90
Msg: 2
Clues for the clueless?
Posted: 3/31/2013 2:34:43 PM
Yea, I'm totally lacking when it comes to photos. I've never liked getting my photo taken, so it seems like a fine example of karma... I'll post more photos as soon as I get them. I appreciate the feedback too.

I recently ran into another issue too. I have already messaged most of the women I was interested in meeting, so if they don't respond, should I try messaging a few of them again? They could be ignoring me for a reason, but it could just as easily be that my message got buried under a mountain of others. What do you recommend on that front?
 Imagineour
Msg: 3
Clues for the clueless?
Posted: 3/31/2013 7:09:42 PM
Here man read this. I have helped a lot of guys get better at communicating with women and have even indirectly helped get dates you can PM me too if you aren't clear on some things. Unlike most peoples advice mine has actually helped people.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15928288.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15928288.aspx
 Beatkunedo90
Msg: 4
Clues for the clueless?
Posted: 3/31/2013 10:52:42 PM
Imagineour and JohnfromSydney:
You both are on to something. I already do something similar to this, but looking back at what I sent, there are a lot of times I either got flustered trying to find the right words or get lazy and forget keep the message open-ended. This site is frustrating (and I usually use politeness as a way to mask my bitter frustration), but I'll put more effort into letting my happier, more humorous side show.

Zebedee:
I'm not as sexy as you lol

Thanks for everyone's input!
 Razzelkai
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Clues for the clueless?
Posted: 4/1/2013 11:21:19 PM
Kinda makes you wonder if utilizing images really matters...

I was advised to show more of an upbeat attitude in my photos... Been there done that, results are the same as they've always been...

I'm starting to think women don't know what they want, and need direction... If this was false, you'd think there'd be less men asking for advice on how to get noticed around her.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 6
Clues for the clueless?
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:29:45 AM
I agree with the "try real life" approach. Time and time again, I see people here confused about why they get no replies. And to be honest, as a woman, I rarely get replies myself..so it's not just the men. I'd say almost 100% of the men I find interesting that I write to never reply back. I rarely ever went on a date with someone I approached.

There comes a point where the flaws of the online dating system come to light. It's just not the greatest way to keep someone's interest and get them to respond. You can't take it personally, it will wear you down. Too many distractions, and it's hard to tell how serious people are in meeting people and what it is they are looking for.

In real life, you have a chance to interact normally...nothing beats face to face flirting, chit chat, and really showing who and what you are.

Dont blame yourself, blame a half assed system that always keeps you at arms length from people. It is difficult to really shine here. It's not normal. It seems like a good idea at first, but in the end it demonstrates the lack of attention span and indecision people have when approached by strangers online.
 JoeCool757
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Clues for the clueless?
Posted: 4/2/2013 9:38:53 AM
In your subject line write "Read this"
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Clues for the clueless?