Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Am I being catfished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheCoolGreenMoss
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Am I being catfished?Page 1 of 1    
Am I being paranoid?

No - probably not - just aware.

Is it safe to assume that within these last 'few weeks', you two have yet to meet in person? (Not the same as a date necessarily.) If the answer is No (and maybe even if you have), it seems fishy (headline pun intended.)

(Am also assuming you both live within a reasonable distance to each other.)
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 4
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:08:27 PM
If they don't meet within a week move on & you never have to deal with this bs drama ever again.
 OOhMeeOhhMy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:17:41 PM
you only end up catfished if you talk to someone forever and never meet.... move on... no reason to give a strange so many chances....
 jc91607
Msg: 6
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:23:01 PM
I hate to sound pessimistic, but this is the internet. While there may be some great people out there, there are tons of weirdos, flakes, impostures, and other un-savories. If a guy you met at some bar acted this way you would probably assume he was a flake and moved on. Well, in a way the internet is worse than a bar. In a bar it is a little more difficult to pretend to be someone you are not.
 Jackals38
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 3/31/2013 10:31:24 PM
Nobody can tell you for sure one way or another. The point is why are you wasting your time? If someone cancels on you 4+ times over the course of many weeks, they are either too busy to date or just stringing you along for fun. Whichever it is, it makes zero sense to keep going on the one in a million chance it's all just unlucky coincidence.
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 3/31/2013 11:14:42 PM
in my book, any excuse not to get together, if combined with a lack of a concrete alternative, equals not interested. no second guessing of self needed, nor pointless attempts to read anyone's mind. you may be reading a different book, though.
 tropicalseabreeze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 4/1/2013 12:19:49 AM
Find another fish in the sea!!!!!!! I bet you can hook a dolphin. Sounds like you hooked a squid!!!!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 4/1/2013 11:24:11 AM
Kick this guy to the curb.
 LathaMath
Msg: 15
Am I being catfished?
Posted: 4/1/2013 11:42:01 AM
Looking at your profile and realizing most guys would die to meet you I'd say you are being CF'd. You can look up his posting history to maybe learn something about his participation here. You might also ask how many times his grandmother has died. Unless you are CF'ing this forum. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Am I being catfished?