Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is he shy or just not that into me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Indira46
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is he shy or just not that into me?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
He's not shy. He's not interested in "hanging out" with you now, or next year.

Forget him. He was nothing more than a one night stand.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 4
Is he shy or just not that into me?
Posted: 4/2/2013 7:43:24 PM

Is this just a case of “he’s just not that into you” since he’s not trying to talk to me?

Here is a hint!

Most guys don't care to re-visit a "one night stand"
Like 2 ships passing in the night; you are just history
If you never talk (or see ) him again, he won't lose one second of sleep over it.

If you enjoyed the ride, then cherish it for what it was; just a one nighter
But if you think being somebody's 1 night stand is gonna earn you favor
then you are badly mistaken!
 CasOliii
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/2/2013 9:44:33 PM
You gave it up too quickly he's lost interest...
 dishearteneddave
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:26:58 PM

(Msg.#1. Hollydeeiz )And assuming that we do start spending time together next year, is there a chance that this could turn into more? How often should I speak to him online over the holidays without giving off a “clingy” vibe? Is this just a case of “he’s just not that into you” since he’s not trying to talk to me?

And a hundred other questions, right? You can start getting answers by asking him one direct question, "Do you want to get together tonight? Tomorrow? This weekend? (Pick one.) Simply walk up to him when you see him in the hall and ask him. Prepare yourself for a, "No", answer. Practice if you have to in front of a mirror. Think of some really disappointing news you heard and watch how your face reacts. Then condition yourself to be conscious of that when you ask him and don't let it show.

It's commonly referred to as a "poker face", as in playing cards. When you're dealt 4 aces you don't break out in a big grin and when you're dealt a garbage hand you don't start crying. If he says, "No", simply say OK and NATURALLY walk away. Not fast. Not slow. And have a direction in mind before you walk away. You don't want to look confused, hurt, etc. It has to look like a spur of the moment idea like, "Hey, glad I bumped into you. Are you available to get together tonight/tomorrow/this weekend. (Pick one.) Remember, his reply means nothing one way or the other. You have to get that message in your mind. His reply, Yes or No, means the same thing to you emotionally. Then go for it!

Assuming he says, "No", when you leave he'll be thinking "Hmmmm. She must be into me because she asked but she sure didn't seem all that rattled when I said , "No". She's probably has some other guy lined up."

If he is at all interested in you he'll contact you before the planned get-together. Guaranteed! If he doesn't you'll know, for sure, he isn't interested.

Remember, only the brave get what they want.
 Jackals38
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:02:34 PM
He had years to approach you if he wanted to date you or have a relationship with you. The fact that you guys never spoke or hung out at all, then one day at a party you decide to hook up while drinking, is simply a combination of you being available at that moment and that he was at least somewhat attracted to you. Just because it lasted well into the next day, occurred multiple times and was good, is certainly not any kind of indication that he is interested in more. It just means you had a great one night stand. Enjoy it for what it was.

Oh and "We should hang on next weekend' would be a sign he wanted a relationship. "We should hang out next year" is a sign that he has NO interest in a relationship but since the sex was good, he wants to make sure you are always an option just in case he has a slow weekend sometime in the future.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:06:10 PM
he got what he wanted and he's done. drop him from FB. learn the lesson and move on.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/6/2013 5:41:06 PM
He may have said he wanted to "bang out" and you mis-heard him.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:09:20 AM
You were played. He expressed interest in hanging out because he thought it was what you wanted to hear...and it got him more sex. The fact he didn't want your number is all you really need to know. Drop him quick, unfriend him, and block him. Make this a learning experience and move on. We've all been played, and we've all recovered. So will you. TC
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 10:03:58 AM

I always thought if a man liked you he would do the chasing and he would show he is interested

Men that are interested in women will show interest. As for the chase women vastly overestimate how much men like this. The only guys that like the idea of the chase are PUA's frankly, so don't draw any conclusions about men in the dating scene based on the behavior of the minority PUA community.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is he shy or just not that into me?