Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > How can i improve my profile?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dimatsymbal
Msg: 1
How can i improve my profile?Page 1 of 1    
my english is not that good. I dont wanna sound kinda lame on my profile too but i am just telling the truth. Someone told me that my profile is hurting me :D. So whats wrong with it? It does sound kinda lame, but how can i change it?
 You go first
Msg: 2
How can i improve my profile?
Posted: 4/3/2013 8:45:11 PM
Start with the information about being recently from the Ukraine so she will understand the poor grammar and spelling.

Make little paragraphs so it will be easier to read.

No need to talk about anything negative or who should not contact you - on these sites you will not be overwhelmed with incoming messages (that's just how it works) and for someone whose language is still a work in progress, you can't really comment on someone else's learning style, right?

I'm going to cut-and-paste some notes I made from another thread on sending first messages. The guy had "Fishing" as an Interest:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try this template which may help you get over the 'writer's block' for first messages:

Message: 3-4 sentence at most, light humoured, including 1 question only so she has an easy way to respond. Sign only your first name.

Do not say:

- Hi, Hey, Hello or How are you (wastes time)
- I read your profile (should be obvious)
- you're cute/pretty/beautiful (creepy in a first message)
- let's meet up for .... (again, creepy/pushy in a first message)
- check me out and email me back ( they know what to do already)
- hope to hear from you soon (sounds like begging/desperate)

Don't blather on about yourself - your profile is supposed to give information about you.

If I were writing to you, I'd use the specific interest of Fishing. Actually, that is the exact interest I used when I first wrote to my (now) husband.

Message: I just learned how to fly fish, but haven't actually caught anything yet. I much prefer spincast river fishing - fewer casualties! Have you been out yet this season? (first name only)

See? No pressure, obviously I read your profile, open a conversation, easy way to respond if you choose.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > How can i improve my profile?