Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > When a woman says she needs space      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RB_64
Msg: 10
view profile
History
When a woman says she needs spacePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Advwench,
+++++++++ my thoughts exactly.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 21
view profile
History
When a woman says she needs space
Posted: 4/5/2013 11:28:24 AM
I agree with elizabeth45tx.

You need to seriously sit down with yourself and ask yourself what you want out of your current relationship.
Make no mistake...relationships can be rekindled and the flames fanned again, but the window is short.

Half of all first marriages end in divorce in the USA...
Second marriages are even worse...
Dont get me started on third marriages...

The time to act is NOW.
DELETE your account, get your head back in the real world and express your love for your wife and ask her to forgive you and find out if she is game to try to fix things.
17 years is too much to throw away without at least a few good discussions.
 OutMind
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/5/2013 12:18:30 PM
No. Do not move out.

You need to have a better understanding of the relationship and what may be going on. So here's your homework.
Get the book

The five love languages. That should be a starter.

Then take a look at your sex life. Is she interested in sex? Are you? Who is the initiator? Who has the bigger libido.

Why is she feeling resentment about the relationship? Is it something you're doing? Or some dream of hers that was never fulfilled?

You need to talk.

Here are a few other books that may help. The sex-starved Marriage. The Relationship Revolution.
 Walts
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/5/2013 4:16:49 PM
He has ran away like the little girl that he is. I'm starting to figure out why you women here don't trust us men with guys like that around, and around,and around, they go.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2013 6:31:29 PM

"I need space" - translated - I just met this really hot other guy, and want time and space to be able to f**k him, and you are my fall back guy

+1
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:05:03 PM
have you tried involving her in this forum. bet you will get your answer what she means by space pretty fast .
 starlight334
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:03:10 PM
Nothing lasts forever
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 38
view profile
History