Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Arm candy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Proteaus
Msg: 2
Arm candyPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Seems most the women only looking for arm candy . They want instant chemistry (lust) before going any further . Just like in a bar .Instead of finding one night stands in a bar you find them here .
 sigungq
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:49:00 AM
I have a friend who has a GF who most would consider "arm candy". I find her looks to be her ONLY redeeming quality. She is otherwise, rude, stupid, inconsiderate, and a user. This does not mean all good looking people are this way, but for me, while I find a good looking woman to be attractive, she better have some more depth to her than just the looks, otherwise I'm adiose.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:53:03 AM
My arm isn't what detects the greatest amount of pleasurable sensations from female companionship. So no.
 wherever_may_go
Msg: 5
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:55:22 AM
Not too familiar with this term, I'm assuming it means "eye candy" or something similar. In which way, no I don't care much about looks. I'm only here for friends so I'll write to anybody. Sadly all the women in my area are very much superficial.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:57:18 AM
It's never been a factor for me in deciding who to date, and Igor makes a great point!

Of course, I need to be attracted to whoever I date, but many attractive women aren't exactly eye/arm candy. If she is, great!
 jlynn1955
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:57:25 AM
These types of questions do not have one size fits all answers. I'm not and never have been arm candy-and I wouldnt want to be. I don't look for arm candy. In fact, I don't tend to trust men who are that attractive. Attractiveness plays a very small part in who I date. Not just because I'm not arm candy myself, but because I like men who are intelligent, funny, and not shallow. Besides I think that even those who are not particularly attractive can be interesting, fun, and loving.
 Advwench
Msg: 8
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 11:58:14 AM
"Arm candy" implies that looks are all this person brings to the table, so that's the definition I'm going to roll with here.

Would you be happy if you had one?

Entirely depends on what I'm doing with him. Is he just for sex? If that's the case, sure, why not... a guy doesn't have to be a sparkling conversationalist for that. For anything more involved than that, though, simple arm candy wouldn't work.
 moon_breeze
Msg: 9
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:08:27 PM
I'm actually on the other side of this, and prefer an average looking guy, maybe even a little dorky-it's just my type. This is really a stereotype, but all the times I have dated a very attractive guy, they didn't have the depth I look for in a partner. A couple were dumb as doornails, others just didn't have as many interesting things to say, or life had been so easy on them that they couldn't handle life's struggles well.

Plus, I have to be honest with myself and recognize that I wouldn't want every girl we passed on the street checking out my date. Every now and then is great though, adds an extra spark :)
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 10
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:14:08 PM
If the looks are a trade-off, I'm not interested. But ceteris paribus, the more attractive, the better.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:20:22 PM
I've had arm candy . oddly, have found it creates interest from other women.
wth.?.. do women perceive me as more desirable if I have arm candy ?? strange

Arm candy was never something I feel I needed or even wanted , to be content, just something nice to look at .
Unless it turns sexual, but thats a different story
 c_deacon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:24:50 PM
I get so tired of being a woman's arm candy......lol

I want attractive, look for it, and enjoy it! I hope that I offer the same.......and it should not be for arms only.....so to speak!

cd
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 13
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:25:53 PM
My girlfriend is the full package deal so I'm sure in one way or the other she is my arm candy, and every other type of candy my sweet tooth desires.
 tooborednow
Msg: 14
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:33:59 PM

Arm candy... Would you look for one?

If I objectified people, yes, I would look for one, arm candy.

Would you be happy if you had one?

I don't know. Am I happy otherwise?
The way this thread is written makes a lot of assumptions. It's too simplistic.

What percentage does attractiveness play in your decision for datability?

51.73444442956521243563459347598345%? +/- the range of 51.05553445% to 48.5624246245622456247% standard deviations?

Does love change this and how?

Does love change how much attraction influences, as a percentage, my idea of someone's datability?
I have never run across the situation where I romantically loved someone before figuring out if I wanted to date them.

Or do you mean does love change how attracted to them I am, like if I love them I become more attracted to them?
Then the question is too simplistic, silly, and childish.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 15
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:35:24 PM
I'm all for arm candy so long as that's not all someone can be. A hot guy with a down to earth personality and intelligence is a great combination...why not go with that?
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 17
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:19:29 PM
To me arm-candy is just a decoration.
I want the full meal deal.
 ~Arianna~
Msg: 18
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:20:21 PM
Arm candy is not desirable to me if they have no substance.

The only arm candy currently in my life is of the 4-legged variety. He gets a lot of looks & attention from strangers when we are out but it doesn't bother me as I know he is loyal ;)
 35brock
Msg: 19
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:26:11 PM
Apparently arm candy is a trophy wife / girlfriend. An physically attractive woman that has nothing else going for her may be good for sex. LOL. But I would not have a serious relationship with her.
 dpwesu
Msg: 20
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:28:31 PM
I personally have found that the guys who are classified as "arm/eye candy" have egos the size of North America.

They looks as of they stepped out of the pages of GQ Magazine and they KNOW it. - and they also will happily let you know that they CAN get a date any time, any where and it is NOTHING to them to replace you at the drop of a hat.

What they DO forget is after a while, looks fade.

What is underneath the good looks is a heck of a lot more important to me. aka substance, intelligence, and good converation.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:46:12 PM
As I've said, eye/arm candy is not a factor in choosing a date. It just happens that my ideal match in terms of compatibility, values, interests, and goals is perceived by others as being eye candy.
 sigungq
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:53:20 PM
AnEvilGenius1 wrote:

My girlfriend is the full package deal so I'm sure in one way or the other she is my arm candy, and every other type of candy my sweet tooth desires.

Is this why you're here "Actively seeking a relationship"?
 dpwesu
Msg: 24
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 1:56:50 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1

DixieGeorgia
Msg: 25
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 2:02:43 PM
Arm candy gets old and stale.

If someone is reasonably attractive, that would be enough for me.
 artandbliss
Msg: 26
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 5:51:34 PM
Attractive (to me), yes...arm candy, no.

Never gone for the really, beautiful men. Then ones I have known have been dull, to be honest, and perhaps have not had their character refined as much as other mere mortals. I have a certain type that I find very attractive: olive skin, dark hair, strong features, deep voice, wavy or curly hair, love a strong nose and jawline, very masculine; add to that warmth, humor, intelligence, spirituality and kindness, and they get better looking exponentially. Even and "average looking" guy with those traits is highly desireable. That is why internet dating is so difficult...looks count for so much more becasue you don't get to experience the whole person.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 28
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:32:37 PM
Choosing based on looks first and personality/qualities as an afterthought or not at all is like dismissing unopened the worth of a present because the wrapping isn't as attractive as that on some other gifts. To me, it's something a boy or girl might do, as opposed to a man or woman (regardless of their actual age).

Integrity, intelligence, kindness, etc. is what reaches me, not how they look on the outside.
 brewswain
Msg: 29
Arm candy
Posted: 4/7/2013 6:41:19 PM
I am looking for an ugly woman. Seriously!
Ugly women have to develop character, they dont have everything handed to them, just because they look good.
An ugly woman is a better person. And If I like you, You Are NOT Ugly!
Ugly can go too far of course!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Arm candy