Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Sends Me Her Phone Number Same Night, Red Flag?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 3
Sends Me Her Phone Number Same Night, Red Flag?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Did you never hear the phrase "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"??? Oy vey... us females can't go "right."

Just meet the girl (as she has offered already!) and you'll soon know what's what. However, I hope it won't surprise you if she is the same cute & sexy girl with whom you chatted, and that NO, she is neither desperate nor looking for someone to "save her." Some of us females are simply decisive and not playing games, and if you're lucky enough to have found one of these females...don't blow it by questioning her motives....

Good Luck.....
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 4
Sends Me Her Phone Number Same Night, Red Flag?
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:47:23 PM
It's 3 :)

Go with the flow....and don't over think it.

Congratulations.
 PensivePrincess
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:57:56 PM
I've given up my number early a few times.
1: No one can reach through my cell phone and choke me.
2: I have a ton of security at my home, no one can get through that either
3: I don't need anyones money, I have plenty of my own
4: Texting IS a lot easier and more convenient than messaging through POF.
5: It was one of those rare occassions when I was actually INTERESTED in the guy.

Don't over think this, you might end up thinking yourself right out of something good.
 PensivePrincess
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/7/2013 8:58:41 PM
You just LOST your cell phone and now you have it replaced. OK?
 OutMind
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:02:38 PM
I've had plenty of women give me their phone number very soon. So you have to determine what is going on. Some, just want to party. Get together. Maybe fvck their brains out. Some, saw something magical in you, and decided to give it a try, see where it would go, they may be religious girls, conservative girls, weird girls, kinky girls, it does not matter. The thing is.

You do not know. Ask questions from there on. Keep it fun. Don't make assumptions.
 j421l
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:20:19 PM
Just go with it. It's just a phone number. If you are that suspicious, maybe online dating is not for you.
 OutMind
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:49:51 PM

After we meet everything slows down. And I give up my number quick like too and I've never had any real issues with it.

Quite opposite here. I keep it slow, before we meet. So when we meet and hit it off. Escalation. Just don't go overboard.
 1971D
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2013 2:41:43 AM
Wow. Too many people are ready to assume the worst! I often give my number early. All these "rules" and red flags are just stupid, IMHO. Dating is organic, and makes it's own way. Stop worrying.

The only trick now is to not over contact. Don't screw up a good thing.

Good luck!
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:20:48 AM
I typically give my number within a day or two of "meeting" an interesting guy online. I'd rather get the meet and greet over with. I hate wasting my time talking to a guy that I'll find unattractive when I meet him in person. I can always block the number later if things don't work out.

I lied to her and told her I did not owned a cellphone, how do I get around that and give her my cellphone number tomorrow?

Don't try and get around it... Tell her you lied because you didn't want to give her your phone number. Don't try and take her right to come to her own conclusions about you.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/8/2013 9:23:45 PM

JasonAlexis
Okay Im going for it tomorrow thanks for the advice.... but I told her to change the meeting place, its kinda of retarded to date in a bowling area... I like movie theaters better because its dark and hands move a lot in the darkness hehehe the bowling alley will be a waste of time... lets see what happens.

Can you be anymore of a Dork? Every Bowling Alley I've ever been in all over the USA and I doubt they're different up there......Every one has had a snack bar, regular bar, and some other types of game other than bowling..The only exception to this would be an area that doesn't allow alcohol at all...Many of them also have a casual restaurant attached to it, too.

The person I'm seeing right now, I emailed her on Sunday, and we emailed a few times Monday...I called her Monday night and we met to shoot pool Tuesday afternoon. Get the 1st meeting over with as quick as possible and see if you want to go on another date....

Rules, there are no Rules except the Rules you both make up..
 1971D
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:16:19 AM
Totally agree with behind blue eyes ... changing from a fun activity where you can talk and get yo know each other to sitting in a movie where you can't is just stupid. Don't expect hands moving anywhere the first meet. Having fun is more important. Sheesh! You are your own worst enemy.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 6:27:14 AM
OP come back and tell us what happened.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:21:24 AM
OP, you seem far too judgmental without even knowing her. I see you're meeting, so I hope you can set aside your attitude, because otherwise you're sure to screw it up.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:14:04 AM
I feel sorry for her since I honestly think the OP is a waste of a woman's time. He's not a stand-up guy with a lot to offer and has his mind "on the prize". It's up to her to figure this out before wasting too much of her time, but that's the position we're all in. There are plenty of guys like the OP all over the world. My hope is that she figures him out before she lets him touch her just to spare her some pain.

This is why I'm a big believer in taking your time to get to know someone before you become intimate.

Time reveals everything, given time.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/9/2013 9:54:44 AM

Anyways, this woman is cute & sexy, is it possible she would give up her number that fast to someone that she just met yesterday on the internet?

WTF - you're out in la-la-land, man. You actually think you're supposed to be pen-pals?

If you've ever been to a bar, party, or event... you mingle with yes (gasp) strangers. A cute gal. You chat for a while, buy her a drink... keep chatting... and you get (gasp) her #! OMG! Her #?! On the same day you were talking with her? OMG, there's crazy people at the bar! And the Internet! I don't have time to do background checks or to have my relative who worked for to-catch-a-predator to interview her! ;)

Whatever you do, don't cross the street during a flashing Don't Walk light!!
 Hanoverfella
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/9/2013 1:17:05 PM
Lmao @confident realists post!
Wow and I thought I was paranoid at times, a first date in a theatre just doesn't work, unless you enjoy looking at the side of her head for 2 hours, but my guess going by your apparent shallowness, is you're afraid she gonna be fugly so you prefer a darker dating place... Hmmm ?
 Walts
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/9/2013 5:14:57 PM

cute sexy girl gives you a phone number and you are here complaining about it.

Check OP's posting history. Everytime he starts a thread it's a "red flag",,,,to me anyways. I love reading his latest shiat storm. In fact, there's one about every week or so.

OT, DO NOT even meet this girl OP. She'll figure out you are a liar/story teller fast than you can make one up and then you'll be in big poo poo. And yes, another story to tell about those big meany females.
 DameWrite
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:39:55 PM
You lie, you think being a dud and sitting around at a bowling alley is fine, you want to get her into the dark movie theater on a first date...

I hope she stands you up, for her sake.
 1971D
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 9:13:30 PM
I'm going to say you are a pig. Expected to "do something"? Time wasted? God god dude!

As it was mentioned, you are completely socially inept. Learn how to meet people and get to know them before going on another date. Please!
 DameWrite
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 10:33:53 PM
OP do yourself and others a favour and look up..."objectifying women" and learn from it because if you don't you'll have a long lonely road ahead of you.

Time to grow up.
 forums1
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/9/2013 10:55:33 PM

Okay Im going for it tomorrow thanks for the advice.... but I told her to change the meeting place, its kinda of retarded to date in a bowling area... I like movie theaters better because its dark and hands move a lot in the darkness hehehe the bowling alley will be a waste of time... lets see what happens.

Oh, so you are going to be the creepy guy who starts trying to grab/fondle body parts of the woman you just met and haven't even spent any time really getting to know? Wow. I'm thinking cancelling would be *her* best option.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/10/2013 5:26:42 AM

Where are all those people that were saying I was a chicken for not giving out my cellphone number? Where are they now? What are you going to say now?

That she was lucky you aren't into girls who smoke. Learn how to use the block feature on your phone if you're TERRIFIED she'll keep texting. Oh no. Not a TEXT. Are you serious? Grow a pair.
 quixotic_elixer
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/10/2013 12:15:15 PM
This guy seems to be a troll, if not... just an inept douchebag

Most of his posts are about strange dates in which he puts himself in silly situations and complains about them.
In a previous thread you say that you "We exchanged cellphone numbers, we moved over to chatting on the phone. I like to move fast so I didn't wait too long to tell her for us to go out on a date,". Yet you complain when a girl gives you her number to text on the same day?

I'd avoid feeding the troll...
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 1:11:54 PM
You're such a one trick pony, OP.

Some of this new fiction of yours was lifted almost verbatim from your Mom Brought Kids to First Date story.

Can't you make up something better and more exciting, if you're going to make up things?
 Walts
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/10/2013 4:38:42 PM

I dont understand why people are ripping me for?

When you post in the forums under your name and pic there is a line that says "history". Click it and reread your own words.

As simple as it gets, your answer to your question is there.

Enough of the ca ca okay?????
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Sends Me Her Phone Number Same Night, Red Flag?