Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Strange mail - some sort of scam? Or just odd?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 collettte
Msg: 1
Strange mail - some sort of scam? Or just odd?Page 1 of 1    
I am familiar with scam notes of the type I've gotten from guys overseas and can generally tell right away that's what they are. This one however was curious and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this or knows what the point could be?

I got a note today from a woman (profile says straight - as am I) saying something to the effect, "Oh I'm sorry i just moved to town and bookmarked your account as a favorite but didn't know you would see that I had favorited you. I will fix it right away and not bother you anymore. " I check favorites fairly often and saw no evidence she'd favorited me. Or that she'd viewed me, but I suppose that just means she's a paid member?

Her profile had one odd thing I could see and that is that her age in her headline was 11 years older from what she stated in her narrative.
 TheCoolGreenMoss
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Strange mail - some sort of scam? Or just odd?
Posted: 4/8/2013 7:55:43 PM
I'd say it's a scammer. I'd report the member (far bottom of their profile.)

Don't have to be a paid member to anonymously visit profiles (see Mail Settings).
 collettte
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:13:37 PM
Just reviewed "her" profile again and lol - the header says 41 year old man, but the pics and profile describe a 30 yr old woman. Reported. Thanks!
 Rythmn
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:55:00 AM
she may have bookmarked your profile due to something you wrote. i have made many female and male "friends" here. if you did not see it, she may have erased it by then. a lot of people here, in fact i 'd venture most, lie about their ages. but yes, she could be a scammer. ask admin to investigate if it continues. they can read the mail with your permission. but, she provided no links, etc. so how exactly is she scamming? just don't answer her to be sure.

hmm.. just saw your last comment. maybe a transvestite? a lot of those here as well. oh well, they will investigate.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Strange mail - some sort of scam? Or just odd?